FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP3 Rippers

Phil
What MP3 ripper do you use? I actually found a couple tha I like.
Exact Audio Copy or just EAC, and CDEX.
EAC works pretty good. It seems to actually correct imperfect CDs. But if your not familiar with audio programs, better read some of the tutorials and set-up guides provided on support sites. There are dozens of settings. CDEX is easier to setup, and almost as good. I tried Nero, but just had "issues" with it. I still use Nero to burn a CD though.
What do you use?
tidruG
CDEX
It's the best among all the ones I;ve tried.... and I've tried a lot. It's got a neat interface and an even better ripping engine... try it out... just google for it.
Phil
Oh, I do use CDex. It's a toss-up between that and EAC.
I was just wondering what other programs are being used.
diablera
I used to use CDEX but I found it quite troubly at times... Now, I can tell that the best mp3 ripper (for me at least) is the one intergrated with the last version of Windows Media Player. Also the paid version of Winamp let you ripp in good quality. But if you are looking for something ver much more advanced, you should buy the Cool Edit Software, well, now it isn't called Cool Edit anymore, but is a Adobe software...

Cheers!!! Cool
cavalkaf
For the best rips out there, use the Überstandart. http://www.ubernet.org/
Basically a EAC/Lame combo.
CrimsonStrange
I'm a big fan of Quintessential Media Player.

It's basically an all-purpose media player, but it's got tons of cool perks, including an excellent ripping/encoding feature.

Arrow Definitely worth a look-see.
althalus
I've never managed to get CDEX to work.. Confused I use iTunes, working nicely. Smile
ddukki
I just use Winamp. It's got a lot of options like VBR and max bitrate. I don't know if that's just in the Pro version, but it's never failed me before. Winamp's also just about everything else ( audio player / visualizer / internet radio / etc. ), so I just stick with that.
Raul_Fury
I use iTunes, I really like works veeeery nice......
tidruG
CrimsonStrange wrote:
I'm a big fan of Quintessential Media Player.

It's basically an all-purpose media player, but it's got tons of cool perks, including an excellent ripping/encoding feature.

Arrow Definitely worth a look-see.

I love QCD (Quintessential Player, the little brother (older version) of QMP), hate QMP Very Happy

See, the reason I was so thingied with using QCD as my basic MP3 player was because of its simplicity (no unnecessary show-offs or stuff like that) and the awesome sound engine.... So, I don't have the best speakers in the world, but among all the software I've used to play CDs (Winamp, WMP, MusicMatch Jukebox, etc etc) I found that MP3s always sounded best with QCD. Now, QMP too has the same sound engine, but they've unnecessarily added the Music Library and all stuff that's already been there in other players for ages, complicating the thing... and also with the addition of the music library and stuff, the player has just started consuming a lot more system resources... just my opinion though... however, just for kicks, try to get the QCD player version 4.51 and check it out... it's awesome...
budazz
even the windows media player 10 will do the job... Very Happy
dan751
I use Real Player 10 to rip my MP3s the quality I find is quite good.Very Happy
CrimsonStrange
tidruG wrote:
Now, QMP too has the same sound engine, but they've unnecessarily added the Music Library and all stuff that's already been there in other players for ages, complicating the thing... and also with the addition of the music library and stuff, the player has just started consuming a lot more system resources...

Yeah - the whole Music Library thing is pretty uneccesary, especially if you're always moving/changing files.

But I do like the ability to turn that stuff off if you don't want it, since QMP supports plugins, and the Library feature is a plugin. I turn off some of the default ones, since I don't ever use them.

I've got several older versions of Quintessential Player (and all of it's previous names, too. Wink )
gecko
EAC has the best in the world error correction so I use it (however I don't use MP3 - I use FLAC... Razz ). And don't agree that it's difficult - it's only a matter of reading help, setting preferences not like: 'let's try - meybe it'll work' and nothing more
diablera
wow I didnt even know there were plenty of players and rippers. I guess i rather using the old stuff (well known by the most of us). for some music pruporses i use WMP and some other times I turn onto my Winamp

Cheers!! Cool
alextweewielers
I use audiograbber. Great program.
snowboardalliance
I got Nero with my DVD burner and it works. The options seem a little wierd but it worked when audio catalyst didn't and it rips fast (like a full CD in a few minutes). I'll look into CDEX. I think I tried it on win98, but now I can see if XP will work.