FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rare Earth: Live!

basementgamesltd
Hey All,

My fiance bought me this album about 2 months ago as just a surprise gift, and WOW, what a great gift it turned out to be. I've always loved Rare Earth, but after hearing this incredible live performance of the band in their prime, I have a whole new affinity and respect for them. The sound is tight, percussion is excellent as always and the vocals are breathtaking. Anyone here who is a fan of classic rock in the slightest way should try to get their hands (or ears) on this gem of a CD. It sounds great and whoever listens to it shall not be disappointed.

Anyways, there is nothing quite like hearing a band in their prime, and Rare Earth was firing on all cylinders here. Since not many R&B/Funk bands made recordings of their live concerts in the 70's, this is a good way to revisit those days. There are only a few live albums i.e., EWF(Gratitude)and AWB(Person to Person) from that period, but most of those dynamite performances from all those great 70's bands (like Mandrill) were never recorded! These songs are too good to never be heard live again. If you don't have this in your collection, get it soon. This is a must have.

Keep it real...