FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Runebound! (boardgame)

basementgamesltd
Hey All,

Here is a game I came across at a local gamer's convention in Scranton, PA. I was very intrigued at the start just by looking at the board itself. It's also a very interesting and exciting game that can be enjoyed with many of one's friends for a whole evening.

Anyways, with RUNEBOUND, you conquer little challenges when you are starting out, slowly adding skills, weapons and experience to your character. Eventually, your character is strong enough to try the tougher challenges...but will he/she have what it takes to defeat the DRAGON LORDS? MUUAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love this game. It's a complete role playing campaign (minus the role playing, of course, ha) in a board game, and it's fun.

The really cool thing about RUNEBOUND is that it is infinitely expandable. Simply changing the decks of cards used in the game will completely change the challenges and victory conditions. Therefore, replay value is very high. The "little" expansions are nothing more than new decks of cards and they're very reasonably priced. There are some "Mega" expansions that totally change the game as well...you could be playing this game with your gaming group for years to come.

Speaking of your gaming group...what if you don't have one? Not to worry, you can play RUNEBOUND solo, and it's still a LOT of fun!

I have gotten more than my money's worth from this game...if you like games that require a little thought and can't be bought at WalMart, this is a keeper. The instructions are complete, and there's a whole forum of players at Fantasy Flight's website ready and waiting to answer your questions if you ever have any.

Keep it real...
misterXY
sounds fun but i don't know anyone who would play it with me lol thanks for the info though