FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Berserk by Kentaro Miura

rufa
Searched and saw that the last Berserk thread was from 2006 so I figured I'd make a new one about this fantastic manga (and anime).

Well for you who haven't heard about it; It's one of the most successful seinen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seinen) manga ever. You get to follow the life of Guts, a warrior who struggles on in a medieval world. Very nice and deep characters and a good story. If you haven't read it, I suggest you to try it out.

It's full of nice fights, violence and very nice drawing. Even though it's known for its violence and stuff it still contains alot of humour.

There's 32 volumes out atm in Japan and the chapters of the 33rd one is being released. Although they don't come out as frequently as other famous manga they are well worth the wait.

About the anime. It's also very good, but worth noticing is that it ends very weird. There's only one season out and while in the manga it makes sence to end an arch the anime kinda begins on the next one and then just ends. So I suggest you to read the manga, or watch the anime and then continue with the manga where the anime ended to get a better picture.

Can't wait til next chapters released Smile. One of the best mangas out there imo! Anyone else who have read it/liked it?
Felixurban
for a guy I used to work with as a Christmas present. We used to work just him and I in a compture repair business and traded presents that year. I got him that (boy was it hard to find) and he got me the second "Lord of the Rings" movie. He loved it but was disspointed becasue he had waited years to see how it ended (having not seen the last few) and was suprised by the ending.
rufa
Felixurban wrote:
for a guy I used to work with as a Christmas present. We used to work just him and I in a compture repair business and traded presents that year. I got him that (boy was it hard to find) and he got me the second "Lord of the Rings" movie. He loved it but was disspointed becasue he had waited years to see how it ended (having not seen the last few) and was suprised by the ending.

Hehe, well yeah, the ending in the animé can't really be called an ending. There were more episodes who was going to be released, but I think that the author just made a pause in drawing at that point so the animé-makers couldn't continue so they just had to end the season at a weird place.
Felixurban
becasue I THINK he said it ended with them all dying and going to Hell or something. Smile Is this maybe a diffrent one, it's been a long time ago and just don't recall.
rufa
Felixurban wrote:
becasue I THINK he said it ended with them all dying and going to Hell or something. Smile Is this maybe a diffrent one, it's been a long time ago and just don't recall.

Well yeah. The anime ends kinda weird in the middle of a story so it's hard to understand wtf happened if you only watch the anime. If you continue reading the manga you'll understand alot better what's going on and be able to follow it even deeper. It's still in development and new chapters get released now and then (~1-2 per month). It's just an awesome manga with deep and great character development, great fights, awesome drawing.. Check it out!