FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What was your favourite childhood cartoon?, Discuss, please!

rostom
What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?

Oooooh! I loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! My favorite turtle was Raphael. I also remember watching Captain Planet religiously every day after school. My god, it's weird thinking how much i liked watching that series. (Catchphrase - THE POWER IS YOURS!) Garbage is evil and all that. And don't forget Charlie Brown cause Snoopy the cutest dog ever. Garfield's the cutest cat. I'm an animal lover! Then there's my superhero obsession - Batman, Superman, Spiderman, X-Men, etc. Ghostbusters was funny. Thundercats too. (I still remember how they scream "THUNDERCATS HOOOOO!) Plus the silent but entertaining Tom & Jerry.

-----

ModBreak:
Please TRY to discuss the cartoons from your childhood... what do you remember most about it? Do you still like it? Do you think it's silly now?, etc.
Lists are considered spam and will automatically be deleted. Please AVOID one-liners. Let's try to keep this thread out of the Slowchat Fiesta, okay? Thank you for your cooperation!!
rufa
I just have to say: Moomin! You know, that finnish white troll animated by japanese dudes Wink. That was just great. I never really were into that superhero stuff like Batman, Superman etc. Some of them were on swedish TV, but usually on channels we didn't have Razz. Guess I missed something Wink.

But of course I watched what's called "Disneydags" (Disney time) every saturday. Contained the classic stuff like Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Tom & Jerry. That was the shiet!
CrimsonStrange
I was (and still am) a big fan of the original Looney Tunes; Bugs, Daffy, Foghorn Leghorn, Pepe Le Pew, Yosemite Sam, etc.

I believe I learned more about real life & real people by watching those cartoons as a kid than I ever did in school.

I also adored the Tex Avery/Droopy cartoons, particularly the "Southern Wolf" character. His deadpan-delivery was hilarious. Wink
hpphkl
Ooh I liked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too=D On that time ninjas were so popular. But my favourite cartoon was Alfred J. Kwak. I don't know how popular was it in other countries. I think it's written in Holland and animated in Japan. I can remember that I sing it's song in shower=) Other favourite was Kössi Kenguru but It's made in Finland 100% so only Finnish guys know it.
Shewolf
rufa wrote:
I just have to say: Moomin! You know, that finnish white troll animated by japanese dudes Wink. That was just great. I never really were into that superhero stuff like Batman, Superman etc. Some of them were on swedish TV, but usually on channels we didn't have Razz. Guess I missed something Wink.

But of course I watched what's called "Disneydags" (Disney time) every saturday. Contained the classic stuff like Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Tom & Jerry. That was the shiet!

I have a strange feeling Sweden and Norway are quite alike in some (many) ways Laughing

I too loved Moomin as a child, and I still do. Each time I discover that our dear, old, child-friendly television channel are sending the series I think "Well, that was about time: You can not really mean that you want children to grow up without those folks".
Bryan_Bezzle
I also grew up on Ninja Turtles. They most definitely were the shiet. As it turns out, Im remebering that I watched a ton of cartoons growing up. From Hana-Barbara to Looney Tunes, from Megaman to early Nicktoons. Toonami, Ghostbusters, X-Men, man I cant go on without creating a list. Sadly I have no favorite though. I loved them all. I find that it's hard to stay focused if I tried to watch them now.
ChocolateEClaire
I grew up with House of Mouse. (I even have the Christmas special)
Anyways, they turned almost all things animated by Disney and made it a theater cafe thing where they would play old/exclusive/etc. shorts. I don't know why I liked it...it was pretty weird and stupid.
amperx
that would be dragon ball, the network that was airing it here locally in our country was replaying the series over and over again, so without a doubt, it made its mark when i was a kid xd
ribozon
My favourite cartoons were probably, pokemon and ninja turtles. ^^
inuyasha
My childhood favourite animation? Let me see... Perhaps there were many, all of which were Japanese anime. 4W Brothers, Pocket Monster, Digital Monster, Solar Soldiers, Train Robots, etc.
driftingfe3s
I was really into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as well! When i was growing up I had ninja turtle bed sheets and pillow cases, backpack, and the toys.

I loved watching cartoons, thats was all I watched and still watch soSome of my other favorite cartoons were Duck Tales, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Captain Planet, X-men, looney-toons, tiny-toons, animaniacs, beast-wars, re-boot, darkwing duck, batman, spider-man.

I didn't really like Tom and Jerry though I did watch it when there was nothing else on.
jigoku05
We have more anime than cartoons here in our country back in the 90s.
And my favorites are:

Sarah (Princess Sarah)
Cedie (Little Prince Cedie)
Remi (Nobody's Boy)
Remi (Nobody's Girl)
The Musketeers
Zorro
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Tom Sawyer

Christian animes:
Flying House
Super Book
nigam
yeah... i love princess sarah, cedie, flying house, super book, tom and jerry, mickey mouse, thunderbolts, voltes 5 ( don't know if that is the correct spelling). i also love watching dragon balls Smile
icechild
rostom wrote:
What was your favourite cartoon when you were a kid?

Oooooh! I loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! My favorite turtle was Raphael. I also remember watching Captain Planet religiously every day after school. My god, it's weird thinking how much i liked watching that series. (Catchphrase - THE POWER IS YOURS!) Garbage is evil and all that. And don't forget Charlie Brown cause Snoopy the cutest dog ever. Garfield's the cutest cat. I'm an animal lover! Then there's my superhero obsession - Batman, Superman, Spiderman, X-Men, etc. Ghostbusters was funny. Thundercats too. (I still remember how they scream "THUNDERCATS HOOOOO!) Plus the silent but entertaining Tom & Jerry.

-----

I luvd THUNDERCATS to a fault even though neva went beyond when new members were added. TMNT was mt obsession. Xmen?! dudes kill me but neva tell not to watch XMEN.
IronMan was also anoda luv of my life. Power ranger (even if it was never animated) was a fav of mine...
ankur209
I was damn crazy for Spiderman....Still i am... Laughing
I used to watch the cartoon show everyday and can't afford to miss any of its show... Wink

When that cartoon character was transformed to come on Movie Screen..i suppose i was the most happiest guy in this world... Razz

i love Spiderman...and have watched all its part...!!
and is looking further... Razz
kitsrock
I grew up with dragonball some 17 years ago.
Hmm. That's the only one I can recall from my pre-elementary school era. My guess is, it's the only one worth remembering Razz
dude_xyx
Gummi Bears was my favorite cartoon when i was around 7-9 years old. This was a great fantasy cartoon any under age 9 kid would like.

Also there was this Russian cartoon called You just wait. Other cartoons were,

01. Voltran
02. RoboTech
03. G. I. Jeo
04. Thunder Cats
05. He Man

There were other cartoons but I don't remember names anymore.
amperx
when i was little, i kept watching reruns of
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Yuyu Hakushu

yeah i guess thats about it, cause the local network from where im from plays them over and over again xd
nigam
when i was young...i like flying house.....and i wished that time that our house will fly too Smile it is truly a beautiful cartoon movie and very inspirational as well.....
dude_xyx
I remember there was an very famous Russian Cartoon called You just wait. About a wolf and rabbit.
cybersa
Spy kids
drunkenkoz
My favorite shows growing up in the 90s was Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha.
mplankbball
TMNT
Megaman
Ronin Warriors
Beast Wars
Dragonball Z

Those were my top cartoons chronologically.
QrafTee
Definitely Top Cat, Tom and Jerry, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Beast Wars, Ronin Warriors, Battletech, The Smurfs, Scooby Doo, Darkwing Duck, among tons of other ones. I'll post more when I can remember them.
The_Shadow
If I was normal I would say pokemon, but i still watch that! Very Happy But the show I watched the most would have to be Xiaolin Showdown. XD I would still watch it but I cant seem to find any chanel that still airs it. Crying or Very sad
Huntress
as a toddler, I don't know if you are familiar with Mr. Bogus, but I remembered watching it when I was around two or three... then of course, Ninja Turtles, Capt. Planet, Gem and the *something*, Duck Tales, Chip and Dale, Flying House, Bible Stories, Ghumbie and Loony Toons! Smile There's so much more that I can no longer remember the title...
loremar
For cartoons, I like Batman. It's just very cool. I actually like superhero cartoons when I was child. X-men, Spiderman, Superman, Justice league, Ironman, you name it.

I also like kiddy cartoons back then. Looney toons was really my fave. I like cartoons from Warner Bros. I can always watch them everyday.

But most importantly, I like Japanese anime. Every time there's a new anime to show, I always get excited to watch. DragonBall Z used to be my favorite. Right now I still watch anime.
dennisz
Phineas and ferb!!