FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Next after vista???

krishnakumar
There has been a great deal of evolution after the release of windows first
Actually my question is do we all need a new OS may it be windows or MAC or linux every year
why is it that people like me who always fees that one shoudl have the latest software in terms of OS slowly starting to get used to workable ones and finding it unnessary to upgrade to new ones
Does this attitude building
I mean are there people who think I shoudl have Vista the moment it is released
or are people who think like that staring to thinl OK we are better off with WIN XP
You take and comments on this
lastelement0
if i understood you right, i think you were saying should we all jump on to the latest and supposedly greatest thing the second it comes out? if so, my answer would be a big NO. if you want evidence just look at the release of Vista. the number of issues that have come about are just rediculous. and the same goes for any bit of advancement in technology. theres bound to be issues and its those people that cant wait for the new technology that find out about them. luckily, i am not one of them. i am willing to wait for something to become stable and properly functioning before i make a jump like that.

perfect example was when i was deciding if i wanted to change my OS over to just linux. i had dual booted for several months and once i found myself in linux as opposed to windows for a considerable amount of time, i knew it was time for me to make the switch.
mehulved
krishnakumar wrote:
I mean are there people who think I shoudl have Vista the moment it is released
or are people who think like that staring to thinl OK we are better off with WIN XP
You take and comments on this

Each one has their own type of mentality and it will differ from that of others. And it's totally valid and good.
So, there's no real answer to this one. To each his(or her) own.
Some people like to play around with latest stuff and see what exciting things lie ahead. Others prefer to play it safe and go for tried and tested.
Again, they may show one attitude at one place and other at another place. eg. a person proficient in computers would like to play with cutting edge technology, same person may not be so good with automobiles and would prefer to go for well tried and trusted options than newer models.
ssthanapati
I wudnt if i wud have 2 pay for it... Its better 2 c for some time and then go for it before investing to evaluate and c if its really worth it
csoftdev
next after vista is linux, open source world.
why should we pay for some crap OS, just get linux and it's free of charge, much more stable and is as "user friendly" as windows, without the crappy overhead.
bulek
Next after vista is Windows 7 to be honest Wink
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/2124217664_51721d7458_o.jpg
ftv_flung
The next version is Windows 7....
Da Rossa
I've heard that after Vista they would make something more modular, like a OS that updates slightly, gradually and permanently...
csoftdev
next after vista is called windows 7, dont' wait for it, as it is going to be another crap that we have to pay for while billy collect all the money from us and give us rubbish.
Da Rossa
csoftdev wrote:
next after vista is called windows 7, dont' wait for it, as it is going to be another crap that we have to pay for while billy collect all the money from us and give us rubbish.

Yeah, let's stick to the month-to-month analisys: right now XP is just fine. No need even for vista unless you want DX10.
ocalhoun
Da Rossa wrote:
I've heard that after Vista they would make something more modular, like a OS that updates slightly, gradually and permanently...

Where will Bill get his money from when that comes out? Microsoft lives off of forcing people to buy a completely new OS in order to upgrade. Could they really get as much money off of vista if it was a modularly upgraded 2000?
rvec
windows 2009/7 discussions here:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-88177.html
-close-