FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

why???

Do you mind to pay for Windows when you buy a computer?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

ciureanuc
Why ALL the laptops on the market have Windows with them?
I want to by a laptop but I HATE WINDOWS!!! Why do I have to pay for it?
Can somebody recommend me a laptop delivered without this F&*# software?
Thanks!
ForceRun
Windows has fastly takeing over the OS market through wheeling and dealing, and backstabing I think your stuck with it.
redchic
what type of laptop do you want? i saw that hp business laptops gives you the option to not take an os. check out the other manufacturers as well and see if this option is avalable
william
Well, when I got my laptop, I didn't order an operating system. I think HP and Lenovo have an option of no operating system on some of their notebooks. Dell also has Linux as an option on some of their notebooks (not worth it in my opinion since they're only a little cheaper than their Windows counterparts and have less options). If you avoid the large brands, then you don't have to get Windows, like I did. When I ordered my laptop, I didn't get any software except for the driver disk (which had drivers for XP and Vista, and actually some Linux drivers) plus Cyberlink software for the DVD burner. I didn't want to buy an operating system from them since I already had a copy. So basically, if you look into smaller brands, you'll often find the choice of getting no operating system.
nmoutaa
Hi,
I think that appel's laptops are delivered without Windows Smile
ftv_flung
This video from a weekly technology programme (Click) from the BBC has reviewed some new (and in particular slim) laptops, one of which is small one and very cheap - it runs Linux.

Check it out!
Arno v. Lumig
I misunderstood the poll... I thought the question was if you bothered that you had to pay for Windows, so I voted "no"...

I do disagree that you can hardly get a system without the OS installed, although there are some vendors that will allow you not to take an OS.
kansloos
I hate the Microsoft milk-the-market-strategy, that practically forces the user to buy windows.
Though, this does not mean I hate the Windows product itself, well no... I hate Vista :p