FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My database project

kk_loke86
I am going to build an web-based database which is about protein. This is a biological database which is accessed by scienticts for protein information. I hope to include as many information as possible but I do realized that it is going to be very hard.

Proteins contains various informations and mainly can be divided into three main category which is its sequence, structure and functions. I am going to design a database to store the information.

After that, I will represent all the data in an user friendly graphical user interface. The display will be in table form as in classic protein database.
swapnilsarwe
kk_loke86 wrote:
I am going to build an web-based database which is about protein. This is a biological database which is accessed by scienticts for protein information. I hope to include as many information as possible but I do realized that it is going to be very hard.

Proteins contains various informations and mainly can be divided into three main category which is its sequence, structure and functions. I am going to design a database to store the information.

After that, I will represent all the data in an user friendly graphical user interface. The display will be in table form as in classic protein database.

Thats seems to be one interesting project you are working on buddy.
Anyways I would like you to plan, plan and plan before even starting the project. Its going to be little complex and at the same time data is going to be very important and crucial.
My suggestion:
Design data in such a way that in future if changes occur it should not hit you hard. and at the same time try to keep design and database both simple so that any one can take over from you. All the best for your project buddy.

Please send us the link if it is available on www and can be accessible by general public.
If it is for some university or center, please let us know the success and experience.
Please share some of the design tips with us.