FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


A Husband is pissed off today!





flyfamilyguy
I recently posted a thread titled, "A Husband hurts today". (Find it here http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-89443.html
All the suffering due to losing our child set aside for the moment brings me to posting this thread.

I am now dealing with a different kind of hurt. One that brings with it a great deal of anger.
I was born in the USA, (Los Angeles California). I began earning my keep at an early age. Paying taxes
so that my government could, among other things, create programs to assist it's citizens that are in need of financial aid.

I am now 42 years old. I have managed to take care of myself for at least 26 years without
any of the financial aid that I helped my country to provide via taxes.

The day has arrived. I need help. I get nothing because it is all given to immigrants!
People that come to the USA searching for a better life are sucking up all the resources that I PAYED FOR!

My wife applyed for Medical so that we could get some financial assistants towards our $2400.00 emergency room visit.
We were denied because I "Make too much money".

I earn $450.00 a week, my rent is $1200.00 a month, gas is $3.50 a gallon, food is at least $100.00 a week, and I make too
much money! Keep in mind that I have payed at least $100.00 a week in taxes for the last 26 years.
Immigrants have payed Nothing! They have payed nothing, yet they are reaping all the benefits that this country
has to offer, leaving nothing for those of us who were born with the rights of a citizen!

I'll end this little bitch session with a blurb that I recently came by:

Subject: Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials
in ages!!! It explains things better than all
the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place
across the country protesting the fact that Congress
is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that
the US might protect its own
borders, might make it harder
to sneak into this country and,
once here, to stay indefinitely.
Let me see if I correctly understand
the thinking behind these protests.
Let's say I break into your house.
Let's say that when you discover
me in your house, you insist that I leave.
But I say, 'No! I like it here.
It's better than my house. I've made all
the beds and washed the
dishes and did the laundry
and swept the floors. I've
done all the things you don't
like to do. I'm hard-working
and honest
(except for when I broke into your house) .

According to the protesters:
You are Required to let me stay in your house
You are Required to feed me
You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
You are Required to Educate my kids
You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family.
(my husband will do all of your yard work because
he is also hard-working and honest, except for that
breaking in part).
If you try to call the police or force me out,
I will call my friends who will picket your
house carrying signs that proclaim my
RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have
a nicer house than I do, and I'm just
trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working
and honest, person, except for well,
you know, I did break into your house
And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a
fraction of the cost of my keep, and
there is nothing you can do about it
without being accused of cold,
uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and
bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn
MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can
communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous
this is?! Only in America!
AftershockVibe
The entirety of your post can be summed up in a single word - "scapegoat".
I'm sorry to say it, but that was just an inane rant.

The correctness of helping illegal immigrants isn't really even relevant because the pittance the US spends on immigrants in general, let alone those who are illegal, is a drop in the bucket.

There are much larger holes that money is put into without worrying about that. At least that helps someone!
Liu
I definitely feel you on your points. I'm actually a neighbor of yours (I live in Santa Barbara) where we have some of the highest living standards in the United States. I pay an extraordinary amount of $ for taxes also - however, at the same time I believe it could be worst. If immigrants didn't take the low end jobs, I really don't think America could survive. They're the backbone of a lot of labor that we simply refuse to do. I suspect if Americans were to do it, consumer goods would be a lot more expensive. It's all relative and averages out in the end.

I've never heard of immigrants demanding that we learn their language though.
scotty
It's easy to feel cheated by government. However, I'm gradually becoming more aware of the cost the government incurs investing in infrastructure eg. roads, public transport, etcetera. But I can't help to wonder about unemployment benefits, most type of pensions and other handouts some undeserving people receive from the government.

Immigrants in my opinion do not deserve any handouts, if you can't make a living for yourself in your new country you should not be there. We don't have to provide charity to citizens of other countries. Half the time they don't even make the effort to learn our language which in itself doesn't bother me that much, it's the mentality immigrants develop that they have a right to live in our country but turn certain places into a ghetto. It's disgusting.

Then there comes the aged pension and things like that. People need to plan their financial future. I sympathise with those who are not earning a lot of money but in most cases I seem to find that those on the pension don't seem to have ever paid taxes or if indeed they are an immigrant, become a member of the local community or even tried to integrate into the society of their new country.
Dean_The_Great
Your situation sucks, granted. Blaming immigrants may not be the way to go, but the situation still sucks.

Hopefully, at the next election you vote democratic and with the Obama/Clinton health plan, you won't have the issue to begin with because that Emerg Visit would have been covered by your taxes directly.
LostOverThere
Blaming immigrants is really not right. Remember they do pay taxes, they also must apply for health care, and they and you are equal. American's health care sucks, you are not the only one who is having trouble due to America's crappy healthcare system.

I agree with Dean_The_Great on voting Democratic, however, this is obviously your choice.
If you really need good healthcare, you may consider moving to Canada, or pretty much everywhere but the US, to a country that has universal health cover.
flyfamilyguy
LostOverThere wrote:
Blaming immigrants is really not right. Remember they do pay taxes, they also must apply for health care, and they and you are equal. American's health care sucks, you are not the only one who is having trouble due to America's crappy healthcare system.

I agree with Dean_The_Great on voting Democratic, however, this is obviously your choice.
If you really need good healthcare, you may consider moving to Canada, or pretty much everywhere but the US, to a country that has universal health cover.

Sorry, I did not explain things well enough. I meant Illegal Immigrants. They do not "pay taxes", they work for cash, under the table, and they get plenty of free health care. There are thousands of so called 'free medical clinics' here in Los Angeles. But they only seem to be free for those who do not have social security cards, or any kind of legal identification that states they are citizens of this country. The fact is, they are not citizens, but they are recieving all the benefits that citizens pay for via taxes.
I am not sure if you are aware of the fact that every day, thousands of people are entering this country from Mexico illegally, yet they are able to obtain jobs, housing, health care (FREE HEALTH CARE), and everything that people who were born here have. I'm sorry if this offends, but something is really wrong with this picture!
Thanks to everyone for your input! Wink
flyfamilyguy
Liu wrote:
I definitely feel you on your points. I'm actually a neighbor of yours (I live in Santa Barbara) where we have some of the highest living standards in the United States. I pay an extraordinary amount of $ for taxes also - however, at the same time I believe it could be worst. If immigrants didn't take the low end jobs, I really don't think America could survive. They're the backbone of a lot of labor that we simply refuse to do. I suspect if Americans were to do it, consumer goods would be a lot more expensive. It's all relative and averages out in the end.

I've never heard of immigrants demanding that we learn their language though.

I'm sorry 'liu', but do you actually believe that if all the mexicans decided one day to go back to mexico, Americans would throw in the towel? We would refuse to clean our own toilets, mow our own lawns, build our own houses, walls, roads? We would just lay in bed and cry? Come on man, I have heard your argument a million times, and every time it comes as just an insult to Americans. It is really the most ridiculous of all the arguments concerning this issue.
I will however concede to the idea that americans have become spoiled. Wink
achowles
So immigrants are the problem in America? I take it this is coming from a Native American then? If so, I can see your point.

If not, I can understand why you're angry about government spending, but you're hardly directing this at the right people.
Liu
flyfamilyguy wrote:

I'm sorry 'liu', but do you actually believe that if all the mexicans decided one day to go back to mexico, Americans would throw in the towel? We would refuse to clean our own toilets, mow our own lawns, build our own houses, walls, roads? We would just lay in bed and cry? Come on man, I have heard your argument a million times, and every time it comes as just an insult to Americans. It is really the most ridiculous of all the arguments concerning this issue.
I will however concede to the idea that americans have become spoiled. Wink

I wouldn't say that we would refuse, however it's impossible to think that Americans would do the work for the same amount of money that we are paying immigrants. This being the case, product goods will be higher in price since employers will have to pay our own 'spoiled' citizens more. I.e. we as a whole end up paying more.

Since slavery, Americans have always been looking for cheap ways out.

Let's not forget, this land wasn't Americans to begin with -- we took it from Mexico and the Indians.
fx-trading-education
achowles wrote:
So immigrants are the problem in America? I take it this is coming from a Native American then? If so, I can see your point.

If not, I can understand why you're angry about government spending, but you're hardly directing this at the right people.


Of course, probably at least 95% percent (I don't know the exact percentage but should be at least that) of USA population are immigrants (even if it is longterm ones) also because they have killed almost all the original inhabitants.

But in fact is point is about illegal immigrants not immigrants in general.
If there are illegal immigrants it is not really the fault of the immigrants but more the fault of the government.

Illegal immigrants may come for "security reasons" or economical reasons mainly.
Who can blame somebody who try to escape a country where is life is in danger (specially for instance when it is the USA that has put the trouble in the region).
Who can blame somebody that sees that in some other places people get much more advantages even if they are less smart, less anything than him. Just because he was born not in the right place.

I wouldn't blame this people even if they do something "illegal".
Illegal immigration is definitely a problem but that should be solved at a political level and if things are wrong it is also the reponsibility of the richest countries that take advantage of the resources of the poor ones. And also the most powerful countries have supported or even installed dictators in some countries. So how could they complain that people want to leave by any mean...
guitarcrazy087
Quote:
Your situation sucks, granted. Blaming immigrants may not be the way to go, but the situation still sucks.

Hopefully, at the next election you vote democratic and with the Obama/Clinton health plan, you won't have the issue to begin with because that Emerg Visit would have been covered by your taxes directly.


Vote democratic? WOW! Too many US citizens don't even know the rights and purposes of their own government! The government is not there to provide us with health care, and welfare, and all the other programs out there! The government is there to protect our rights of Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

If you read the constitution you'll find this:

Art. 1
Section 8.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

(note: the exact deffinition of an excise is "an internal tax imposed on the production, sale, or consumption of a commodity or the use of a service within a country")

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.


just skim through the list there.
no where in there does is say that the government can take a certain portion of money from a select group of people (say the US citizens who work hard for themselves to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle and end up getting taxed for all those who don't support themselves bc they don't want to or just don't really try.)

If i were you, i would research Ron Paul. yes he's a republican, but he understands the constitution and goes by it. when did the government get the idea that they could just break away from the constitution? well, they can't. we're supposed to be governed by IT, no the politicians!

anyway, Ron Paul plans to pull ALL troops from ALL foreign countries right away if he gets elected, which would help a TON with taxes, and the illegal immigration problem, and the national deficit problem. anyway, i think i've talked enough.

But for all those who are sick of taxes, and illegal immigrants Ron Pauls the guy for you! look him up and see what you think. He's the only candidate with a voting record consistent with what he believes.
achowles
Quote:
"But in fact is point is about illegal immigrants not immigrants in general."


That wasn't stated in the opening post, but seeing as the author has since clarified, I'll accept that.

As stated elsewhere, it's not US spending on immigrants, illegal or otherwise, that's the issue. They could increase it tenfold and it would still be nothing in comparison to to their wasteful spending in other areas. The US almost equals the rest of the world's military spending combined. It blows obscene amounts of money on things they know they'll never have a use for even in the worst case scenario.

Does the US have acceptable levels of public healthcare and education? No. Could it have? Well, take a wild guess. If counties with a fraction of the economy of the US can manage it, it's a fair bet, isn't it?

There is a very legitimate reason to be severely peeved at US spending, but that should be directed at the government. Not at desperate people willing to work awful jobs nobody else wants for far less than minimum wage.
BigMo420
Quote:
I get nothing because it is all given to immigrants!


Quit being racist! There are no borders in America!
misterXY
Thank god i live in Canada. We refuse to go into the states, no matter what.
Shocked
flyfamilyguy
All of you have brought some legitimate opinions to the table. (All of you accept 'BigMo420' who is obviously offended and misinformed.)
But I just returned home from a hard days work, and am too tired to spend time responding to all the posts since my last visit.
As the Governor of this crappy state once said, "I'll be back". Cool
mattyj
Sorry but thats a ridiculous argument

Youre country is not spening too much on immigrants, they are spending too much on going to freaking war

Maybe if they werent so interested in invading other countries your public health system might be in a better state

Dont blame immigrants because they are trying to find a better life for themselves
loryl
Out of those 100 dollars a week you pay in taxes, maybe one cent, at most, will go into health care for immigrants.
flyfamilyguy
loryl wrote:
Out of those 100 dollars a week you pay in taxes, maybe one cent, at most, will go into health care for immigrants.

Just when I thought things could not get more ridiculous, Up pops 'loryl'!
Night-Night All.
Wink
loryl
Anything's ridiculous to the narrow-minded.
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.