FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

andLinux

ganesh
Recently came across a Linux distribution called andLinux, a variation of the coLinux distribution.

It apparently can be installed on a Windows machine, and can co-exist simultaneously with Windows (as in, it is like Cygwin, minus the emulation, but running the kernel full blown apparently).

Has anyone installed it? It is a 600 MB download (you can Google for it), but I dont have enough diskspace to check it out! If someone can give me feedback on how it is, it will be great!
LostOverThere
Wow, this looks really interesting. Has anyone tried it? I would if I didnt have terrible intrawebs.
surdy
hey this looks cool Very Happy

nice idea!!

I can suggest this to my friends who want to move to linux but are afraid to , so that they can have a feel of it
smspno
That's and ingenious idea - it's a very good way of promoting Linux. I also should show it to a couple of my friends who are slightly reluctant to anything non-Microsoft and those who couldn't exist without their favourite Windows-only games.

But on the other hand, nothing of this kind, I think, could ever replace the original, installed on hard drive operating system, especially Linux.
surdy
yeah .. i agree nothing like a pure installation of linux on your hard drive

operating under windows ...linux would ofcourse suffer from deficiencies in windows

but would be a step forward towards bringing linux-phobic ppl closer to linux
mehulved
I believe fanatics won't like this one.
But, anyways a good concept. Especially for those who want to use linux but for some reason can't remove window or dual boot, either.
And yeah we can always give it as a no frills linux install to people who are afraid to even dual boot.
But, it can never give the experience on linux installed on your hard disk, IMO.
teko
looks cool and nice way of showing linux to windows users. Although I think you have to install it on hard drive to get proper feeling for using linux though but a good concept all the same
csoftdev
looks ok to me but i will stick to redhat/fedora alike distros, too many different distros out there that can be tried, just don't have interest or time to waste for that Very Happy. just pick one that suit you will do