FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MY SIS IS IN LOVE

Chucky
my sis is in love witrh an unknown person. they met on the phone. what do you guys think she should do? for me, i am telling her to get rid of the guys. you will never know what he is upto not to show him self to her.
missdixy
Yeah sounds a little sketchy.

But, I do believe it's possible to fall in love with someone you meet online/talk to on the phone often. It happened to me. We eventually met in real life, and four years later things are still (for the most part) good.
Coen
She met him on the phone? How did that happen?
I would be carefull with things like that. She'd better meet the person first before doing anything at all. Just some public place like a cafe. She could take some of her friends, make sure she isn't alone so no scary things can happen. I'd definetly tell her to be carefull though and to think things over. People can act very diffrent on the internet or through the phone.
TrueFact
Yeah, I agree with you Coen and missdixy, she should be very careful. If it is me in your shoes, i would say 'let's end everything here and now'. How can she fall in love over the phone?
aningbo
sounds interesting bt she sure is askin for trouble. why dont you guys sit down and do a little talking?
Coen
aningbo wrote:
sounds interesting bt she sure is askin for trouble. why dont you guys sit down and do a little talking?

She doesn't have to be asking for trouble. It could very well be she's actually in love with a nice guy who doesn't mean any harm. However, you cannot be sure and therefore she should be carefull.
supjapscrapper
fell in love with hime on the phone???!! well, either this guy s a magician or she ios really very sensible .... anyways, shje's got to see this guy, in some dating like context. Just then, she'll be able to judge upon whether he is what she thinks he is. Many people have wrong impressions about other people because they just imagine things about them. be it in the positive or the negative sense. check if she's ok ok with you going with her.
yusiyuseff
i am married with two kids, before we got marrien he call me one day, a friend gave him my number and we stared to tallk a saw him olny once befora we tolk on the phone and i told him that if he was serious he sould came and meet my family so that my family can meet him to so maybe she should ask him to go and met your family so you can met that guy
Coen
It's not totally wrong. Just try to meet the guy as said. If she goes out without meeting him first, make sure they go to a public place with lots of people and make sure she doesn't go home with him.
Arnie
This topic is old... but interesting how nobody cared to ask for the age of the sister.
thadnation
i think that it's entirely possible, but one should question whether she is acutally in love or in lust.
Coen
Age isn't relevant. If he cares about it then we can provide him with things to calm down his mind and maybe add a little thing to his sister's safety. What does age matter then?
cavey
Since this topic is "old", maybe the threadstarter can tell us what happened to this phone-guy? Hope your sister did not meet him alone... Maybe he turned out to be a nice guy? The love of her life? I guess it's no different to meet new people on phone chats than internet chats.
molif
well, sounds to me that u do care about ur sister..

very good..
Arnie
Coen wrote:
Age isn't relevant. If he cares about it then we can provide him with things to calm down his mind and maybe add a little thing to his sister's safety. What does age matter then?
Because this situation requires a different approach when she's 12 compared to when she's 25? If you were intending to give the same advice for both situations, it'd either be really stupid or really general, but useless either way.
rightclickscott
Easy, castrate the guy.
Coen
Arnie wrote:
Coen wrote:
Because this situation requires a different approach when she's 12 compared to when she's 25? If you were intending to give the same advice for both situations, it'd either be really stupid or really general, but useless either way.

As I said, it would still help to calm him down. Besides, I don't see anyone creating such a topic if the sister in question was an adult, do you?
gtoroap
You must be worried about her, only if she has 14 or less. If she has 15+, and he doesnt have more than 25, there's no problem. Let it live new experiences... you should too.
RubySlasher
I'm sure this person has already split (seems they haven't posted in awhile.)
But if someone you care about is in this kind of situation:

Support their wishes.

Even if you're against it, don't say anything bad. Be helpful to them (her.)

You've heard the expression that you'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, right?

If you're negative or skeptical, she'll push you away and not tell you anything. If you care about her, put her physical safety first, and keep a close eye on how she will meet and interact with the other unknown person, etc.

In this kind of situation, it's good to be a sneaky detective and keep watch in order to protect your loved one in the event that some fallout does happen.

If not-
At least you were nice about the whole thing.

No harm in that.
asim
yup welllove can happen anywhere... i also fall in love with a girl, however the things i was boy... so ask ur sister wat he says to her... when he's gonna meet her.. if she's interested.. and make sure you are with her... or atleast someone who is close to you... well the rest is destiny...