FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

pink screen

mackhenry
i was working on my computer and then suddenly my screen turned pink
i can see everything but its all n pink and green is not at all visible
could anyone help me out
IceCreamTruck
The last time I had a graphics card change color was because it was overheating and litterally burning on the board. Open your computer and see if dust, circulation, or broken fan on card or on motherboard isn't causing this issue. Look for puffed (broken) capasitors (little round plugs on the board with "X"s on top) on the card and mother board that would show you what needs to be replaced.

It might be a bad LCD too.

I would also check pins and any metal connectors because I've seen this as a part of a bad monitor cable connection too.

Why doesn't it always have to be pink?
brokenadvice
You have a bent or misaligned pin. Unplug the cable that connects your monitor and computer, and check to see if any of the pins are bent. You can CAREFULLY bend the pin(s) back in place and replace the cable. Just unplugging it and plugging it back in should solve the problem.
Diablosblizz
The computers at my school do this all the time. If it's a big (old) monitor, I just hit it and it goes back to normal. If it's a flat screen, then you might want to go buy a new one, depending how old it is. I don't think it's your graphics card. How old is your system?
kerryworkman
mackhenry wrote:
i was working on my computer and then suddenly my screen turned pink
i can see everything but its all n pink and green is not at all visible
could anyone help me out

I have heard of the blue screen of death on windows machines, but never a pink screen of death. That sucks, good luck, I hope you find your answer.
mackhenry
near 4yrs old
DanielXP
I used to get this on my old laptop.

Its weird because theres nothing you can do apart from restarting with the power button!
Urban
I got a pink screen (but before it was green then changed to pink) on my old computer and it was because of my graphic card (crashed). To solve the problem I just bought a new graphic card..
loonix
Diablosblizz wrote:
The computers at my school do this all the time. If it's a big (old) monitor, I just hit it and it goes back to normal. If it's a flat screen, then you might want to go buy a new one, depending how old it is. I don't think it's your graphics card. How old is your system?

brilliant =)

I would be inclined to beleive the graphics card is malfunctioning. I'd be looking to swap it out with another card to see if problems persist.

Regards
ssthanapati
seems u have a faulty graphics card...

But before u go for a new 1 u may like 2 try cleaning the contact pins of the connector with a contact cleaner solution or spray. But be sure 2 turn of the power before u spray. and dont power up again before it dries off
mcfearless
Before there is ANY proof that this could be a malfunctioning graphics card we need to know what type of moniter you have. Is is CRT (chunky ones for those who aren't even slightly technically inclined) or LCD (the flat ones). If its a CRT I can almost guarantee that the problem is that the blue electron gun is malfunctioning/dead. You will need to replace the moniter if this is the case. Even if you have an LCD the problem is far more likely that the graphics card/vga/dvi is loose. A common problem I have when making new systems is users not pluggin in vga/dvi ports properly or the graphics card becoming loos in transit.

Hope this helps.
Jaan
Last time that happened we just jiggled around the monitor cable and all was fixed. Or it is the monitor settings, check colour settings specifically.

First jiggle the cable around. Hardware first, then config.
ocalhoun
What is happening here is that one or more of the 3 color inputs aren't getting to the monitor, while the others are.

There are 4 possible problems:
-monitor plug (pins)
-monitor cable (wires)
-graphics card
-monitor

Just try replacing these things, with cheapest first, and see when it starts working right. If you have spare monitors around, that would be easiest and most likely to fix it. If a different monitor doesn't work, a new graphics card should do it.
Cddhesh
Well i remember i had same problem with my monitor.It used to turn green and was comming to proper state if i shake it.Problem was not with the graphics card but one capacitor had gone.So then it became ok when i replaced the capacitor.
Urban
.. I don't think he will ever reply (-100 pts).
mackhenry
y do u think dat way...actually it ws my graphic card thnks for solution thnkq ever1