FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gunsmith Cats

basementgamesltd
Hey all,

Here is one of the 1swt animes I ever saw. My friend showed this to me whne it 1st came out. It's a pretty swift little DVD.

"Bulletproof" is an excellent animated version of the Gunsmith Cats manga. While the storyline is original, ample homage is paid to signature bits from the manga. Big warehouse shootouts and intense car chases are staples of the manga, and both are represented here to strong effect. The series doesn't match the intensity of the printed page, in terms of action, violence, or sexual titillation, but viewers are unlikely to be disappointed. Readers of the anime will enjoy seeing the characters brought to life, and first-timers will find an excellent introduction to these characters.

The animation is well done, although the character designs seem to grow lazier and sloppier in the second and third episodes. Voice acting is decent, but the male detective character, unique to the animated version, is excessively irritating, especially in English. The English dub also throws in some unnecessarily suggestive moans where none exist in the original.

Despite these problems, the English dub may hold some appeal even for purists, since the series is set in Chicago. Watching obviously Japanese characters speak dubbed English can be distracting in other anime, but it's equally strange to watch characters in the U.S. speak Japanese.

Unusually strong set of extras for an anime DVD includes a cheaply-made yet informative making-of documentary.

Keep it real...