FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

C++ having a problem.

ebanlearning
My friend having a problem with the C++ program. he said that he cant complier anything like cout<< also cant complier. he try to uninstall and install again but still having the same problem. do anyone having the same problem before, hope someone can help him so that he can use his own laptop to do the project, thanks
jackill
Maybe more details? Error log from compiler, problematic code... Not everybody is a fairy Wink
jeremyp
jackill wrote:
Maybe more details? Error log from compiler, problematic code... Not everybody is a fairy Wink

I agree. We need:

the error message(s)
a fragment of code that gives the error(s)
the compiler being used with version number

otherwise it's impossible to diagnose the problem.
mehulved
May you need to add this line
Code:
using namespace standard;

But, like others said, you need to give more details before it can be correctly diagonised and solved.
Agent ME
Isn't that C# code?
snowboardalliance
mehulved wrote:
May you need to add this line
Code:
using namespace standard;

But, like others said, you need to give more details before it can be correctly diagonised and solved.

should be std
Code:
using namespace std;

And yeah, that problem is way too vague. My only guess is that the compiler (whichever version, mingw maybe on windows?) is not set up correctly, but who knows.
{name here}
ebanlearning wrote:
My friend having a problem with the C++ program. he said that he cant complier anything like cout<< also cant complier. he try to uninstall and install again but still having the same problem. do anyone having the same problem before, hope someone can help him so that he can use his own laptop to do the project, thanks

I'm assuming your friend is learning the language. Did he forget to put an include directive in?
Code:

#include <stdcout.h>

Other than that, we need to see the error codes to understand what's going on. Can't see the codes? You've got a problem that will take a little more time to solve.
jcnet
ebanlearning wrote:

Buddy, try including the header file names::

Code:
#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>

they are much necessary to run the program... although the second one (conio.h) is optional... So no need to include in this program.... Or you can include if you want...

and you will need to also check whether the directories specified are correct....
For this, Go to OPTIONS-->DIRECTORIES in your C++ Compiler and specify the correct directory in which your C++ compiler is installed...

Please do give us the program here or tell us the error lines... We are here to solve all your problems....

All the best...

Cheers!!!!!!

Joseph.. Arrow Arrow
ganesh
(1) What is the platform on which the program is being compiled? Windows or Linux or Unix ?

(2) If it is Windows, what is the compiler being used? Turbo C++ ? Borland C++ ? WatcomC ?

(3) If it is *nix, ask your friend to use gcc

(4) Last of all, download a Hello World program and put it through the works.. Something which already works (at least for someone else!)
Cddhesh
I perfectly agree with jcnet and ganesh's remarks.Do more on their quotes.I would like to suggest you to use Turbo C compiler and see.Try to compile your code on different compilers and then checkout whats the problem.
mehulved
Isn't
Code:
#include<libraryname.h>

deprecated in C++ for
Code:
#include <libraryname>

And sorry for the mistake in previous post, it's std and not standard
AftershockVibe
mehulved wrote:
Isn't
Code:
#include<libraryname.h>

deprecated in C++ for
Code:
#include <libraryname>

Depends on the library. Your compiler should give you a warning if you include the wrong one when you compile though.
ebanlearning
Thank you guys for the suggestion..but my freind tell me that he has give up and already uninstall his c++ program..At last he has install a other version of the program(visual studio 6)...adn it work...
he tell me he got search for the solution in the web before this, and may be the problem is that his vista ultimate did not suitable the program...so...anyway,thanks for the help..
jeremyp
jcnet wrote:

Buddy, try including the header file names::

Code:
#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>

stdio.h is a standard C header file. conio.h is an old DOS C header file. Neither of them have anything whatever to do with the C++ IO streams that the OP is having problems with. However, it's possible the OP has omitted

Code:

#include <iostream>