FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rock Band VS Guitar Hero 3

oCraCko
Quote:

Rock Band

Play the hottest music: Rock Band includes dozens of all-time classics as performed by the original artists. Rock out to legendary artists from punk, metal, alternative, southern, and classic rock.
Break out your axe: Shred on guitar and bass like never before with the all-new Fender™ Stratocaster™ replica guitar.
Bang the skins: Play like a real drummer on a drum kit with four pads, a kick pedal, and real drum sticks.
Sing your heart out: Take center stage on lead vocals and bring down the house on rock's greatest anthems.
Live the rock lifestyle: Completely customize your characters to reflect your own inner rock god.
Try out multiple game modes: Play solo or as a band in tour mode. Start small and work your way to the top.
Take your act online: Go online to play with—or compete against—rockers around the world.
Grow your act: Keep expanding your rock universe with downloadable content.
Get the Special Edition: The Special Edition of Rock Band includes the Fender Stratocaster replica guitar, the drum kit with four pads, kick pedal, drum sticks, and a microphone so you can really rock out.

Guitar Hero 3

Songs: Enjoy more than 70 of the most legendary rock anthems of all-time.
Modes: Try the added multiplayer modes, including the arcade-inspired Guitar Battle and the dual shredding co-op career. Challenge the legends of rock and roll in boss battles, then take those axe-shredding skills online and rock around the world. See how you match up against the best in the world on the Leaderboards.
Downloads: Expand upon your Guitar Hero experience with downloadable songs, themes and picture packs.
Gameplay: All-new tricked out venues take you to hell and back. And check out your favorite characters freshly fitted with a few new faces.
The Guitar Hero III Gibson Les Paul/Kramer Guitar Controller: The controller is completely redesigned with a simple wireless channel setup, that gives you the freedom to rock without constraints. Swappable faceplates provide maximum customization (available on the Les Paul Controller). The breakaway neck allows for easier transportation between performances. Stylized Start and Back buttons and a new extended strum bar design will have you blasting out the hits. And the auto sleep mode will save battery power for extended jam sessions.

gh0stface wrote:
Please use the quotation codes if you are going to copy and paste an article. Please give credit to where it is due and give some of your own input as well.
soulery
Rock Band. You can play the guitar there and more.
newso
Rockband. because you get all the instruments.

guitar hero is exactly the same as the rockband game using the guitar. So whats the point in getting guitar hero.
gtherockgod
Rock Band is crazy fun for parties or for just having some friends over.
Insanity
Rock Band pretty much encompasses Guitar Hero, so yes, Rock Band wins.
Ankhanu
Rock Band is more fun overall, but the Guitar Hero songs are far better for the guitar play. Rock Band songs were chosen based on the overall ensemble, making it fun to play on all instruments... which means that the individual instruments might lack some fun/challenge for the overall group. Guitar Hero focuses on fun guitar play only, and is slightly better for that part. If you want screaming solos and finger bleeding guitar play, play Guitar Hero. If you want a bigger, overall fun without the specifically interesting guitar, play Rock Band.
Stevezorr
Rock Band, definitely. I played it for the first time this past weekend, and it was so fun playing with any instrument. The one thing I don't like about it is that it has some good songs, but it also has a lot of songs that, in my opinion, are far from my tastes. I guess it is nice to give it more of a variety for different people, though. Guitar Hero was fun while it lasted.
lastelement0
I can't stand EA. They see something that another company has done and just adds to it. Case in point with Rock Band. All they did was take guitar hero and add more instruments. They can't stand to be losing in any genre. Im sure most of you are familiar a few years back when EA bought the rights to NFL players the year after 2K sports pwned them with NFL 2k5. Now that there is no competition for an NFL game, they just put out rehashes of the previous year with perhaps improved graphics.

but back to rock band, their controller sucks for the guitar. yeah it may look more like a guitar than guitar hero, but the feel of it is not the best. as for singing, i dont want to look like a complete moron destroying some of the best songs out there. i saw one group of people do it at my college and i couldn't help but laugh. the one thing i do give props for is the drums. besides the guitar, thats the one instrument id want to play.

all in all, i go with the original rocker game in guitar hero. FTW
Dean_The_Great
Rock band is fun, I dig the character customization and what not, but I dig the gameplay on guitar for GH3 so much more. I find the guitar parts on RB to be a little boring at times.
gh0stface
lastelement0 wrote:

as for singing, i dont want to look like a complete moron destroying some of the best songs out there. i saw one group of people do it at my college and i couldn't help but laugh.

So what about college students doing karaoke? I'm guessing that whatever college that you go to, I'm sure that there is a karaoke night at some bar or a karaoke bar. I know back at Michigan State there was one. Some of the singers were pretty horrible while some were pretty good. No real difference when singing on Rock Band and doing karaoke. It's all about having fun.

Rock Band is a lot more fun compared to Guitar Hero because you have the ability to play with 4 people at a time. The Guitar, Bass, Drums and Singer.
Sparda
Rock Band is good for people that want to play as a team to beat a song mostly. It is good for a family or a group of friends. As for Guitar Hero III, it is meant for people who really like to do play the guitar. It is really easy to do hammer ons and pull offs on Guitar Hero III. For myself I think I would rather playing Rock Band because I like to play as a team to finish a song. I also like playing other instruments besides just the guitar and bass.
Ankhanu
lastelement0 wrote:
I can't stand EA. They see something that another company has done and just adds to it. Case in point with Rock Band. All they did was take guitar hero and add more instruments. They can't stand to be losing in any genre. Im sure most of you are familiar a few years back when EA bought the rights to NFL players the year after 2K sports pwned them with NFL 2k5. Now that there is no competition for an NFL game, they just put out rehashes of the previous year with perhaps improved graphics.

You do realize that Rock Band was developed by Harmonix and is only distributed by EA, right? It's not that EA is copying the makers of Guitar Hero, the makers of Guitar Hero are using EA to distribute their new product.
Chris24
anyone have any idea if or when rock band will be coming out for the wii?
dcfive65ive
Rock band, just because it includes the drum set!