FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I cant delete files..

nivinjoy
Hi guys here is me again with a problem...(Everytime problems happens when i do any stupid things..!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )

Now what i have is...

Today i uploaded the Fully Modded phpbb2 fie into the Direct Admin and extracted it...But accidently it was uploaded directly to the public_html folder ie,lots of files ie,upto 5 pages....(My carelessness Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )

So i thought i will delete these files and upload all of them into a single folder...Now the problem begins... When i try to delete any folder it shows as....

Unable to delete files

Quote:
Details

Unable to delete directory /domains/nivinjoy.frih.net/public_html/admin. The

directory /domains/nivinjoy.frih.net/public_html/admin is not empty

So i want to delete them..I was able to delete the rest of the files...Now i want to delete the folders..

Please anyone tell me how to do so...???
nivinjoy
Hey anyone out there please reply this...!!! Urgently i want to delete them...Please.....
Bockman
nivinjoy, I checked your files (the admin folder) and i didn't see any permissions problem, so it could just be a permission problem (CHMOD).

If you still can't delete the files after CHMODing them, please infgorm me here of what folders you want deleted and I'll try and delete them for you.

Be Well Cool
nivinjoy
Bockman wrote:
nivinjoy, I checked your files (the admin folder) and i didn't see any permissions problem, so it could just be a permission problem (CHMOD).

If you still can't delete the files after CHMODing them, please infgorm me here of what folders you want deleted and I'll try and delete them for you.

Be Well Cool

Sorry sir i din't get you about CHMOD Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ...So i am giving you the details of which folders i want to get deleted...

I already mentioned that i was able to delete the files...but was not able to delete the folders..

So i want to delete all the folders with Date against to them as Mar 3 07:21 2008....I need all the others...

Please do it for me and Thank You for showing interest in helping me...!!! Cool Cool
Bockman
nivinjoy, i suppose all the folders you asked for were deleted. please check it and confirm me if everything's ok now.

Be Well Cool
nivinjoy
Sir almost all the folders i have asked were deleted but again now one folder remains....

It's named images and date against is Mar 3 07:24 2008...Hope you will do this also for me...

Thank you..Once again lots of thanks to you for helping me....
Bockman
I deleted that folder too.

If there is nothing else to solve I'll close this thread ok? (please confirm if everything is OK now)

Be Well Cool
nivinjoy
Ya i can see that that folder is also deleted....but the Disk Space shows the amount as when they where there.....It still shows as 47 mB..I have not used that much...How is that...???
Bockman
Because DirectAdmin doesn't automatically update the Disk Usage. (it does but takes a long while)

When you need updated stats about disk usage, you need to go to "Site Summary / Statistics / Logs" on DirectAdmin and in there you'll have a button near "Total Disk Usage (MB)" that updates that information.

I already did that for you, and you are currently using 22.1 MB disk.

I'll -close- this support topic since the original situation is solved

Be Well Cool