FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What shell I do! I'm Engaged but know one knows...

Tell or not Tell?
Tell
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Not Tell
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Relentless
I am 17years old and the other day I proposed to my GF.

We have kept it secret due to our age but certain things lately have been erging me to tell people.

There is a family wedding coming up soon.
And my Fiancé can't go because my cuz wanted to take his GF and couldn't so my Family is saying it won't be fair if i take my GF but what people don't know is that she is not my GF! she is my Fiancé...

Do you think I should say somthing?

The reason we havn't told friends and family is because we are only 17 (18 in AUG) and affriad what they wil say & do. I know that can't stop us from loving each other and continue in out engagment.

What do people think I should do?

Please post yout comments or do the Poll above..

Thanks
Dan...
TrueFact
I think that you should tell people about your engagement. First of all, engagement is not an engagement unless people know about it. Second, most relation made in the dark never find succss or don't last for long times.
iyepes
Do you have any relative you can trust? So, you can tell this person about your engagement, you hear his/her opinion, but not telling all the family yet.

I think you could have good advice from a family member. Who knows about your enviroment and your situation.
Kaze_Mitoki
I agree with what was said above, you should tell! I am engaged as well and, even though we are not married yet, we reffer to each other as husband and wife. <3

If you're really just that nervous about telling people, then wait until august, when you turn 18. It's not that far away. And, if your fiance` can't go, then you don't have to go to that wedding either. those kind of things are usually not mandatory, or if they say no it's because they haven't planned for an extra person or five at the reception... they might not have enough food or space.
cavey
Engagement is a happy thing. I'm sure your friends and family will be glad. So what if you're not 18. You will be when you get married.

Good luck, and congratulations!
Relentless
Well we told the family!

Good responce!

My mum even lent my misses an engagment ring until I get enough money to but her very own one.

The hole family is happy so i'm happy! Very Happy

Very Happy

My dad was a bit wiered tho he just said... "ok cool"

did worri me a bit...

Anyway cheers,

Dan..
imera
Wow, that is great, nothing better than to tell the ones you care about that you are happy.

I hope you two will have a nice and good future Smile
Coen
It will come out on some point in the future anyway. Why not tell it now?
It isn't wise to let nobody know about it. I think you should tell it.
Relentless
Coen wrote:
It will come out on some point in the future anyway. Why not tell it now?
It isn't wise to let nobody know about it. I think you should tell it.

Thanks for your advice but if you was to scroll up you will see that I have already told....

Very Happy
missdixy
Relentless wrote:
Well we told the family!

Good responce!

My mum even lent my misses an engagment ring until I get enough money to but her very own one.

The hole family is happy so i'm happy! Very Happy

Very Happy

did worri me a bit...

Anyway cheers,

Dan..

Oh I am happy for you!
RubySlasher
Gather your parents up in the living room, and act all fidgety.
Then tell them you're gay.

Watch them freak out, and then tell them you're kidding, and that you're engaged to your girlfriend.

Relentless
RubySlasher wrote:
Gather your parents up in the living room, and act all fidgety.
Then tell them you're gay.

Watch them freak out, and then tell them you're kidding, and that you're engaged to your girlfriend.

HAHA I like that... But they wouldn't freakout over me being gay anyway..

TBA I went with what True Fact Said.
TrueFact wrote:
I think that you should tell people about your engagement. First of all, engagement is not an engagement unless people know about it. Second, most relation made in the dark never find succss or don't last for long times.

So I told them with complete confidence knowing that even if they did freak out they couldn't do anything about it it. and if you was to scroll up to see what i typed a couple of days ago you would see that I did tell them and what my resault was...
I Said wrote:
Well we told the family!

Good responce!

The hole family is happy so i'm happy!

did worri me a bit...

Anyway cheers,

Dan..
Coen
That's awsome. Good luck to the two of you Very Happy
cavey
I'm so happy for you! An engagement is so much more fullfilling when you can share it with your family and friends. Of course they are happy for you when you found your true love!
supjapscrapper
I really think you should tell them...Just wait till you are 18, at least you'll have a legal argument if they try to force you to do something against your will...This is in the worst of cases. But..Being engaged is a really important thing, and I am afraid it is going to be a great shock if you tell it your parents, but in the same time, the longer you wait, the worst everybody is gonna feel when you finally come out. It really depends on whether the situation implies many sacrifices and is very hard to experience for you and your girl-friend. If not, well then just keep it secret a little bit longer. Hey and don't marry before you telle them Very Happy lol
iyepes
I'm very glad your telling had a happy ending. I wish you a good marriage.