FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SMS Sender

Diablosblizz
I was wondering if I can put a SMS sender privately to my cell phone if my server encounters an error on Frihost?

The script will be privately (that is if I can even get it to work on FriH) held and only I will be able to use it, or a "cron job."

I just want to be able to have 24/7 knowledge of what's going on with my server, but SMS messages won't be sent more than once per hour.

I hope you understand, and I can get this to work!

Kind Regards.
w0ngie
what kind of cellphone do you have?
Diablosblizz
My provider is Telus, and the model number doesn't matter. I know there are some online ones that work, but I fear that they may sell my number for various reasons.
leontius
The site http://host-tracker.com provides that feature, but I think you need to purchase credits for sms (the smses aren't free).
Diablosblizz
I need something that is free of charge.
leontius
I don't think you can find a free one. If you can send unlimited SMS for free, I would rather use it for daily communication... That being said, there are a few sites that provide free SMS across the globe, and maybe some of them have APIs you can use... Tell me when you find it...

It is harder to see free SMS services simply because the telco providers want more money than web hosts (hell, this one even gives hosting for free Smile )