FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Image Mistry

imagefree
I just want to solve this mystery, i will pay a max of 20 FRIH to whoever solves this mystery.

See the image below.

Now Download/Save this image and (if you have winXP) save it in a folder. Open the folder and change the defalt view to Tiles. Single Click the image and see its thumbnail in the left. Then open the pic.

Hows it possible? See and tell.
adri
Hmm... I can't solve this... On the tumbnail you see a girl and a man. And at the big picture you just see the girl... Confused

Strange... very Strange

Adri
apple
hahahaaa....this happened to a pic a relative sent me.

when you go to paint and u spray someones face off or you select a part of the pic for some reason when in thumbnail form the original is shown.

Quote:
After editing JPEG images the thumbnail istill shows the original image.
What is happening?
Most JPEGs from digital cameras contain a small thumbnail image in the EXIF data and this is used for its thumbnail display. When a JPEG containing EXIF data is edited the EXIF data is copied and saved with the JPEG when it is saved after editing. Photoshop etc does not update the thumbnail image in the EXIF data and so it still shows the original unedited image.
endless
i was just about to say that Sad

but just right click the image and renew it ^^ then it's normal
apple
aww endless....if I get the $20 frih I'll share it with you Wink
hunnyhiteshseth
Well its quite simple. Its actually based on how how .jpg images are structured.

Actually, when you click some image the camera stores a small thumbnail of the image in the header of image for quick previewing. This saves small hardware of camera from large processing required to display the image.
Window's 'Tiles' and 'thumbnail' feature also uses this fact.

But its possible to manipulate wither header or actual image separately. If you change even a single pixel and try to save the image, the editing software will overwrite this thumbnail. You can try if you wish.

P.S. Waiting for my 20 frih$ Laughing
rvec
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Well its quite simple. Its actually based on how how .jpg images are structured.

Actually, when you click some image the camera stores a small thumbnail of the image in the header of image for quick previewing. This saves small hardware of camera from large processing required to display the image.

But its possible to manipulate wither header or actual image separately. If you change even a single pixel and try to save the image, the editing software will overwrite this thumbnail. You can try if you wish.

you're a bit late Wink
hunnyhiteshseth
Embarassed Embarassed

I guess I should have read whole post and all replies first. I was just too exited to reply because sometime back even I had faced a similar mystery.
apple
hunnyhiteshseth...don't worry. Normally I am always late...this is the 1st time I responded in time to win and imagefree has not shown up to reward me yet Sad

hi rvec Smile
hunnyhiteshseth
apple wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth...don't worry. Normally I am always late...this is the 1st time I responded in time to win and imagefree has not shown up to reward me yet Sad

hi rvec Smile

More than reward part, i felt stupid that i replied something which had already been written in above posts. And on top of that, demanded 20frih$ Sad

P.S. You can PM imagefree, if he has forgotten to donate you.
apple
hunnyhiteshseth....don't worry, sometimes I wish I could delete some of the responses I've made...lol
kerryworkman
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
apple wrote:

hi rvec Smile

More than reward part, i felt stupid that i replied something which had already been written in above posts. And on top of that, demanded 20frih$ Sad

P.S. You can PM imagefree, if he has forgotten to donate you.

I think most of us have done it at least once, don't be too embarrased. Smile
apple
exactly kerry...I have been so ashamed already I stayed away from posting until I hoped people would forget...lol
imagefree
apple wrote:

hi rvec Smile

Sorry i am late in paying.

Thanks for your help.

Actually there were some problems (my exams and) that frihost wasnt working correctly with me. Whenever i open frihost, i just go for new posts. From past 2-3 days, its not showing me properly which thread has new posts. It shows just 2-3 new posts and after seeing the new posts and threads, i simply close frihost. I never saw someone posting in this thread and may be this is the reason i forgot.

Thanks
apple
Imagefree....thanks Smile
Rajiev
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

If you change a pixel, then the thubnail view is changed ( it actually does), How the hell in this pic the original thumbnail remains?