FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Password issue

sjohnson
I was trying to change the password on my hosted account. Alas, it keeps telling me that the original password is incorrect, despite typing it many times and even doing a copy and paste a few times. Would someone be willing to help me with this issue, please?
Gustavus
I have this exact same issue, along with a bunch of other stuff.... Some support on it would be great.
sjohnson
I am also unable to upload any files. It will let me login to my control panel, but whenever I try to upload files via ftp, it disconnects after it tries to verify my password.

When I try to upload files via the CPanel, I get the following error message: [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]
SonLight
I'm not sure of the best solution for this, but there is a "lost password" feature in the control panel login mechanism.

I experimented by using: http://cp.frih.net/ in an attempt to log in to the site. It comes up asking me for the user name and password, as usual, but it has displayed a "forgot your password?" link just below that. When I click on that link, it asks for just the username and offers to send a confirmation link to the email address on file.

Since there are several ways to log in, that might not work in every possible case. I needed to experiment before I had any idea if I could get to the lost password feature that way. If that doesn't work for you, you will probably have to wait for staff to answer. Also, might I suggest to staff that this might be made clearer in a faq.