FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Freely conversations in your family

alyer
What themes can you discuss within your family (with your brothers, sisters and parents)?
What reaction will be if you start to talk about sexual themes? Or if you laudly say "PENIS", "CONDOM" or other interesting words when all family have a dinner? Smile
Coen
I can discuss anything with my parents. I fully trust them and our relationship is excellent. When I am worrying about something I mostly consult them, regardless of the problem.

Now my family, I can trust them with almost everything too but I have no desire to do so. I wouldn't openly discuss love or religion during a family dinner or something.
vonvincent
mostly, we have discussions when we are totally complete. mostly most of my brothers/sisters and my parents are out of the country so we are not mostly complete. if we are complete, usually on a dinner, we talk about our experience in life, our plans in the future and further plans about the family.
TrueFact
No, we don't discuss much unless it concerns the whole family. Nothing personal may come up in a family meeting not on dinner neither lunch Smile.

We used to live our lives on our own (as sons and daughters) and our parents doesn't have much to provide unless they are asked to do so. Some how, we are isolated from each other. Though my elder brother always try to gather us all...
escritor
TrueFact wrote:
No, we don't discuss much unless it concerns the whole family. [...]
We used to live our lives on our own (as sons and daughters) and our parents doesn't have much to provide unless they are asked to do so. Some how, we are isolated from each other.

Are you describing your own family or have you stalked mine? Shocked
molif
depends on wat type or family are u having.. the conservative ones prefers to say less 'explicit' words around the house.. however, i prefer to have a family which we can talk freely to each other cos, tt's how it is supposed to be.. or else, its hard to make a comfortable conversation when we are having problems..
Dbarkol
I never openly talk about sexual themes within my family. Embarassed
Terracarnus
I have never felt comfortable engaging in certain discussions with my family, be they sexual, emotional, financial or whatever. To me any sort of discussion along those lines has always ended up as a heated battle and as such to me it is worthless.

I'm not the sort of person who can openly discuss things all the time.
alyer
Thank you all for your replies!!! It was very interesting for me to know your opinions. In my family i have never told about sexual or relationships themes.
But in my wife 's family it is a full freedom for any themes to discuss and i like this more and want to have this traditions with my family and future children.
escritor
alyer wrote:
But in my wife 's family it is a full freedom for any themes to discuss and i like this more and want to have this traditions with my family and future children.

It's nice to know you are worried about it. Many social problems happen due a lack of dialogue with one's parents about such topics.
Coen
Very true. As long as you are open and everyone feels that can discuss (almost) everything then it's cool. It will also prevent people from hiding things for people which they really SHOULD know about.
escritor
Coen wrote:
It will also prevent people from hiding things for people which they really SHOULD know about.

Oh... I know so many cases like that. :'(
Coen
Cases like that are always sad and one of my worst nightmares for any family. If I ever end up with a family (as in wife, children etc.) myself I really do hope that everyone feels they can discuss everything.
apple
Now as an adult I can but as a child/teen I never would have.

Even now I can speak to my dad freely cause we understand each other but not my mom.

My son is 11 and he can talk to me about it, and believe me...HE DOES!
redace
alyer wrote:
What themes can you discuss within your family (with your brothers, sisters and parents)?
What reaction will be if you start to talk about sexual themes? Or if you laudly say "PENIS", "CONDOM" or other interesting words when all family have a dinner? Smile

That thnigs you are mentioning are not good themes for a family conversation, believe me:)
Coen
I would really have to disagree on that. I can talk about stuff like that with my mom and dad for sure. If you mean the entire family I'd probably joke about it but I can certainly discuss it with people like my parents.
Srs2388
I can't really discuss much with them... I can mostly with my mom.
but she is most of the time "in a bad mood" I can simply ask a question like when is dad going to be home and get griped at.
my dad... i usually could but he judges me for stuff now.. i was talking to him about my girlfriend and how much I love her.
all he could say was "watch who you trust you don't know her as well as you think"
I told him something that we did... *didn't have sex* but it isn't appropriate for the forum..
he got mad. He always told me to tell him things like that but.
he judged her and me both and said he knows he as well as I do. he hasn't ever talked to her.
so... I really have to watch what i say otherwise i'll get my head bit off.
im 20 though. you'd think they would like get off my back about certain things.
quit telling me to get a girl that is more my age. get a girl that's closer. and so on.
AFTER I told him that she is the one and that I love her with all my heart.
Afaceinthematrix
I don't really discuss anything with my family. I'm old enough and mature enough to be able to handle things on my own without them being a part of it.
apple
From reading the comments I am even more convinced that I should maintain the relationship I have with my son so he can feel free to come to me about anything that concerns him and feel unpressured.
Coen
apple wrote:
From reading the comments I am even more convinced that I should maintain the relationship I have with my son so he can feel free to come to me about anything that concerns him and feel unpressured.

You really should. For me, it is very important that I know I can talk about everything with my parents. Make sure your son knows he can talk to you about everything because trust me, he'll benefit from that.
apple
Coen wrote:
apple wrote:

You really should. For me, it is very important that I know I can talk about everything with my parents. Make sure your son knows he can talk to you about everything because trust me, he'll benefit from that.

Hey, thanks. I'll keep working on it and do my best to keep this line of communication open always Smile
escritor
Afaceinthematrix, old and mature people discuss things with others before making decisions. It's not only about getting advices, but also sharing your knowlegde. Probably folks of your family are interested in knowing more about you and the exciting ideas and experiences you have in your life.
Coen
Of course it's "cool" and all to say you're mature enough to make your own choices and you should do so in the most common situations. However, for those uncomman cases it's a great relief to know there's someone (or multiple people) to who you can go and talk it over before coming to a desicion.
asim
hello,

i think it depend on your family if they are conservative, moderate or liberal... but i guess family should be liberal so that child can have freedom of taking any issues to his parents... tht be a general or personal... i mean about anything.
deanhills
My family is quite conservative, and so are we children too for that matter. We have open discussions about most things, but personal stuff is personal, in a positive sense. Think we would describe a discussion of this sort as "oversharing". Smile
iyepes
My family isn't liberal talking about sexuality, but this subjects can be discussed with respect and proper words. Yeah, now we all family members are adults, so it is possible now, but when we were teenagers, those things were never on the table.

Ah, and don't mention those things in the dinning table, it's not an appropiate place. Living room can be allowed for that.

Razz
selammussie
I read the posts in here and that makes
me say are you serious you are that much open!
good for you
In my family no I better say in my country
people won't say any of sexual thoughts with thier families
while thier teens,adults or grands
and if you do talk one word of it your whole family
stare at you badly and you will be so disgraced
thats very shame and embarressed
even if it comes in media my parents says please switch it off
I'm 23 years old but that doesn't work,they treat me like a baby!
but its not only my parents,I'm sure over 99% of my people do that
so do with my bro's and sis' on any moment sexual
thoughts even movies comes we all get rid of it
we are only allowed to see kissing
no we ain't allowed
who cares where and when we are we just ain't allow to discuss about it
we are only free to talk about marriage and
what kind of soul mate we wanted
that's all the truth
James_Hicks
Anything. My mother is totally open. My older brother is squeamish to that sort of talk. My older sister has her limits. My father would have been my equal to my perversity if he'd had stuck around long enough to talk with me now.