FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Default Do Search Engines Get Bored ?

breddyy
If a site seems to 'work' - the visitors (mostly new) appear happy with the content/structure etc, and the search engines are happy to rank it - is there any value in making small, regular changes to the content to make it appear 'fresher' to the engines, even if this does nothing for the visitor ?

I've read that fairly static sites may get crawled less frequently but so what ?

I tend to the view that 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' - unless you can make the visitor experience more worthwhile. On the other hand, algorithms don't have feelings.
No I don't think you have to make a lot of changes. It will probably not help you.
ashok
But it's true that crawlers dont crawl static pages too often as much as they crawl dynamic pages... It's better to do some changes at equal intervals of time, not too short and not too long intervals.
Peterssidan
But if you have a static site. Why do you want the crawlers to steal your bandwidth more often?