FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I played Atari 2600

arquivo
i had an atari 22 years ago and i can remember the names of my favorite games. It was H.E.R.O, and Frostbite ( a little esquimo, jumping in the ice pieces to make his own house )
There is no online games, no high definition, no surround... only a game, a simple game what we just cant forget...

So, insert a coin to continue...
standready
Hah, ha! I had a Pong video game. That was before Atari. A friend has an Atari. Use to play Asteriods, Space Invaders, Basketball and many others. Most of those sweet old games are available for the PC now. Time to find that CD! Now where is it?
missdixy
I miss Atari Sad
Ugh, last time that we had a garage sell, my mother sold a box full of all my old Atari games...for two dollars. Not each, TWO DOLLARS FOR THE WHOLE BOX. That's U.S. dollars, mind you. I was so angry. Sad
Thumpercats
I am post atari Sad I was a huge NES player though Smile.
eday2010
I still have the Atari my parents bought back in 1986 or so, and a box full of games. they were fun at the time. We had that for 2 or three years before buying a Sega Master System. Now THAT was a good system, which I also still have Smile. Hopefully that Atari still works...
Aless
I played Coleco Vision at my grandparents' house!! They had Smurfs, Blackjack/Poker and Donkey Kong. Smurfs was my favorite, but I could never get past the first level...Donkey Kong was totally wicked, but I always died! Razz
newso
shouldnt this post be in the gaming section of the forum. Anyway, that console kicked ass back in the day. Maybe nintendo wii 2 will be like that as they like using old hardware and making it good.
missdixy
newso wrote:
shouldnt this post be in the gaming section of the forum. Anyway, that console kicked ass back in the day. Maybe nintendo wii 2 will be like that as they like using old hardware and making it good.

haha, oh God I totally didn't even think that there'd be a Nintendo Wii 2 someday.

Ah!
Agent ME
I doubt they'd call it a Wii though. I wonder how their next console will implement controls.
PatTheGreat42
I played the Super Nintendo. Super Mario Bros. is still the best game ever made ever in the history of all mankind, dagnabbit.
arquivo
yeah, I see im getting old... when i posted it about Atari, my first video game, i was feeling something good in remember that time... now some days after the posted, i see only few answers, I think the most of you started in Playstation one, maybe II...

theres is two answers, the post inst interesting or Im really old...hehehe

Anyway for those who wrote here, lets keep the memories alive to get better new days tomorrow...

see you around Smile
LamontCranston
Ahhh.. Chopper Command.. I still have a working 2600 =) If only I could attach it easily without having to have an antiquated TV
achowles
My first gaming system was a Commodore 64. It was second hand and came with a whole box of games that I nearly doubled over time.

Then I got a SNES with All Stars. Fond memories there.
alyer
missdixy wrote:
I miss Atari Sad
Ugh, last time that we had a garage sell, my mother sold a box full of all my old Atari games...for two dollars. Not each, TWO DOLLARS FOR THE WHOLE BOX. That's U.S. dollars, mind you. I was so angry. Sad

Hey! You can find and launch Atari emulator on your PC and play those gameagain and again. As for me i was fun of ZX Spectrum ad i have now "Unreal Spectrum" emulator on PC. It is 100% Speccy and even more! Also there is much games, progs etc in a web for Speccy! So i can play Dizzy, Laser squadron, Elite again and again Smile That is nice!
KingPuff
I missed the Atari 2600 by a few years (wasn't born/old enough), but I did grow up with the NES. What a sweet, sweet thing that was. I did, however, by an Atari a few years back... Great fun, but I wish I could have been there for the start!
Zombie
Oh yes pac man is a classic. also there was this popeye game for my old atari that was mildly entertaining. Mario 3 on the NES owned all!
yupeng
Before i go to University ,i just played Neo Contra,and some small games like it.
And ,when i entered the university,i like play RedAlarm........Still an very old games....
And now,i like to play Counter-Strike.....
Laughing
the-guide
arquivo wrote:
yeah, I see im getting old... when i posted it about Atari, my first video game, i was feeling something good in remember that time... now some days after the posted, i see only few answers, I think the most of you started in Playstation one, maybe II...

theres is two answers, the post inst interesting or Im really old...hehehe

Anyway for those who wrote here, lets keep the memories alive to get better new days tomorrow...

see you around Smile

It's classic game console that most gamers never forget. You should take care and keep it as your special collection. Nowadays, it cannot found in the usual market.
ZectorMS
That game is fun. I tried and loved it. I quit it though i got tired of it.
Thumpercats
I have never played the Atari, I feel like I missed out Sad
hmfans
I never played it before. Sad

I know ashame I am ashamed of myself. Very Happy
SexySuzy
Pooyan on the 2600 was my first game purchased .... 30 for a frickin catridge !!!! - had hours of fun though