FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone from UK feel that 5.2 earthquake today

andy26
that was some earthquake strongest weve had in 24 years it went as high as 5.2 on the richter scale and was felt all over the uk and its epicenter was market rasen, lincolinshire, it happend at 12:56am on the 27th of feb. i was watching tv then all of a sudden the house started shaking and got more and more violent as im in the attick i could see all of the plaster board walls bend and shake and i was laying in bed which is just under my chimly so i was lucky it didnt collaps on me. iv gotta say that was to me a close death experiance. what really sucked was because i was in shock i couldnt even leap out of bed. anyone else have views on this?
AftershockVibe
Yeah, I was typing away at 1AM when it happened. In my head I thought it felt like an earthquake but this is England! Perhaps it was a car or lorry hitting the house? Then I realised that would have been really loud and decided it must have been an earthquake after all.

I don't think our petty 5.2 is going to hold up to much given the international nature of this forum though. 5.2 is just going to get laughed at! Laughing
missdixy
I'm not in England, but I have an online friend who is and I was talking to him on MSN when he felt it. At first I thought he was kidding.
Summer
Quote:
I'm not in England, but I have an online friend who is and I was talking to him on MSN when he felt it. At first I thought he was kidding.

Yeah, me too. Earthquakes are happening more often nowadays
Veccy
I'd just gotten into bed not five minutes earlier.. Everything started rumbling, my first thought was "Oh shit an Earthquake... No wait, we arent on a fault line. Oh shit! A Boeing 747 just crashed in my garden! No wait... I'd probably be dead... Must be an Earthquake... Cool!!! I just popped my proverbial Earthquake cherry. Awesome. Lets go see if anybody else noticed it!"

Naturally, the response with mixed in with a huge load of adrenaline being pumped through my body.
scotty
It's lucky that nobody really got hurt, I believe it was just one man that got injured! I have never felt and earthquake, there have been about 3 in the last 15 years that I remember but each time they were too small to be serious, and I never noticed them! Very Happy
Hammy
Meh.. I could sleep through an earthquake me...

Surprised! .. I did!
James007
Topic moved to Discuss World News.
missdixy
Hammy wrote:
Meh.. I could sleep through an earthquake me...

Surprised! .. I did!

hahahah, oh Hammy!
that's funny.
WhistleTurning
OK just wait for a few days and we will get to the point were some egit starts to spout on about "Global Warming" being the cause of this earth quake. Yes I felt it, was woken up by something, heard a noise like some moron playing deep base music from a car outside and then the bed shook like it was a wobbling jelly.

HOw mant of those in the UK heard a tired old saying wrapped round "The earth moved for me for the first time in years" Rolling Eyes Embarassed