FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jasmine plant

noirtier
How can I best grow my jasmine plant, in a west facing room that only gets evening sun? All tips welcome
annapurnatraders
noirtier wrote:
How can I best grow my jasmine plant, in a west facing room that only gets evening sun? All tips welcome

Quote:
Jasmine prefers full sun to partial shade, and will tolerate a wide range of soils including clay, loam, alkaline, and acidic soils. Jasmine is also somewhat drought tolerant, although the leaves and flowers may begin to droop if the plant does not have adequate water. If jasmine is being grown as a vine, the plant will need to be pruned to encourage lateral growth while the trunk of the plant will need to be staked for support until the plant is strong enough. If growing jasmine as a shrub, the plant will need to be pruned frequently to encourage even growth.

When integrating jasmine into the garden, keep the scent in mind. If you have other delicately scented plants, you will not want to plant jasmine in their vicinity, because the jasmine odor will overpower other plants. You may want to plant jasmine close to the house or under a bedroom window so that the scent can be enjoyed indoors as well as out. Make sure to grow jasmine plants at least eight feet (2.4 meters) apart so that the plants will not be choked for room as they grow.

check the ref site @wisegeek.com Razz Razz Smile Smile

edit by rvec: please use quote tags
tony
Maybe this can help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasmine
airh3ad
Ive never hear that thing we have jasmine here but its a beach resort .