FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

One w800i coming up!

EtherealDesert
Weeeeee! My SE W800i is on it's way Razz Yay for the latest gadgets Wink (which reminds me - please no jaloux / disgruntled / envious / vile / evil / hateful / nasty or otherwise unpleasent k750 users with gruesome criticism in this thread) Rooofl...
shr3dd
you are quite lucky, how much did you pay for it? when you get it id like to know how you like it as i am looking to buy one.
jlbribeiro
My father is thinking of buying one too. It's a nice mobile.
skfung
i have bought it last week
it's very good~!!
seanooi
just something i heard from my friends. the w800 and k750 are about the same, just the the w800 has an extra feature that is to be used as a portable music player. not sure about it tho.
CmKc
it's the best phone now.
Aimewitue
seanooi wrote:
just something i heard from my friends. the w800 and k750 are about the same, just the the w800 has an extra feature that is to be used as a portable music player. not sure about it tho.

yeah,the k750 i & the w 800 have the same hardware,just one different ,you can listen music without start phone,so that's the same phone as k750i
EtherealDesert
Alright. I've had this pretty baby for some days now, and wow. It's awesome. It's mp3 playback is nothing short of enchanting, but it's the camera I've fallen in love with. It actually takes uncanny photos (especially with it's brutal macro function). Roooofl, I'm one happy camper these days Razz
krazeek
i have a 256 mb mp3 player and it lied to me, told me it would hold 120 songs and it only hold roughly 50 songs, depends on how long they are. RIP-OFF. I want a 60 gig Ipod, i could transfer my hole music folder onto that puppy.
EtherealDesert
Alright. I can't really resist this. The following is an example of the decent quality of macro. shots. This one was taken with approx. 10-12 cm. and with macro on. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

http://www.debate.frihost.net/DSC00110.JPG
krazeek
the picture is HUUGE you should resize it. it looks like it is of a old rusty pipe though.
EtherealDesert
Ha ha. Yeah, I know. But the real sexy thing about this cell, is its ability to take ocr quality pictures, you know, converting pictures of text into searchable ascii format. It's soooooo bloody awesome. It means I don't have to scan my books the ordinary way always (a process which seriously takes forever). Yay for modern technology! Very Happy
krazeek
the pictures are very nicely taken and i wouldnt mind having one for myself. How much does one of these bad boys cost? I'm hoping around $50-$150 anything higher is ridiculess. Actually $150 for a cell phone is ridiculess, but I mean the quality of the picture is well worth it.
SNES350
krazeek wrote:
the pictures are very nicely taken and i wouldnt mind having one for myself. How much does one of these bad boys cost? I'm hoping around $50-$150 anything higher is ridiculess. Actually $150 for a cell phone is ridiculess, but I mean the quality of the picture is well worth it.

$150 for a cellphone is rediculous? Unless a carrier picks this up (and even then it would be months after before the price came under $150, if it did within a year), it won't go ANYWHERE near $150.
seanooi
EtherealDesert wrote:
Alright. I can't really resist this. The following is an example of the decent quality of macro. shots. This one was taken with approx. 10-12 cm. and with macro on. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

http://www.debate.frihost.net/DSC00110.JPG

ok, that is seriously one freaking clear picture, ahahaha... 2 thumbs up Laughing
EtherealDesert
Rofl. Yeah. My thought exactly. Now, if I could get that mombo macro magic to work on my own decadent look, I would be hotter than Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp combined Wink
insanesnoopy
Wow have phones come a long way, I was looking at this old post and realized that the added gadgets are all common to all phones today.

They give us these sky high features....when most of us still use our mobiles for the ground level type things....like talking.

Like seems that every gadget offers bluetooth anymore....along with a media centre to make CNN jealous.

The new LG Chocolate Phone is the biggest grossing mobile release yet.

Cheers
amusic
It's quite a good handphone more to music player. I would like to buy it but it's above my budget. I can only get it's low-end and cheaper family member K750i.
rhathar
I recently came into possession of a w810i that is from the UK network Orange and needs to be unlocked, but I don't need it.

I'm not going to try and sell it, because it wasn't originally mine. Several guests stayed at the hotel I work at and left it here. When we contacted them, they had already used their insurance to get a replacement and didn't want to deal with it (!?!?). So... yeah.

I guess a better question would be, anyone know a good way to unlock, or a good person to send it to that's reliable?
wendy86
o... I want to buy it o... how much it cost? can you tell me...
snowboardude
nice... im getting the panasonic vs7 soon
Vrythramax
Can we keep the spam to a minimum? This thread borders on being locked.

Please consult The Guidelines for Proper Posting
amaret
I got a w600i last year and realy love it. The 800 looks amazing i might have to pick me one up once the price comes down. lol
oais
I recently purchased a SE w800, it's amazing! I love the music player, I think the earphones that is provided with the phone have a part to play with the quality, they cut of sound from the environment and your left with just the music. the camera is also surprisingly very good, I didn't buy the phone for the camera, it's a feature that came with the phone as a bonus Very Happy
I don't know much about k750 but the phone does have the same dimensions and features and is also comparitively cheap, but I suppose the cost cut might be due to a low end earphones that comes with k750 and the lesser memorystick.