FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I transfer Photoshop from my PC to my laptop?

patasarriba
I have Photoshop installed on my PC. It came with the computer, I never had a CD of the software. I was recently given an old laptop and want to put Photoshop on there. How can I do that? Thanks!
ftv_flung
Just download the trial from Adobe's website and enter the key you have for Photoshop on your current computer.

That should work Smile
rockyec78
ftv_flung's suggestion might work. but its not possible to copy the thing directly from ur PC to Laptop. If urs is some branded PC then sometimes instead of providing a CD or rescue media, they provide on PC a folder named Drivers or Softwares on one of the partitions of the hard disks and it usually contains the required drivers and bundled software installation files, so u can look for Photoshop setup in that folder(in case tht folder is present), if u haven't looked for this already.

or

U can also use GIMP as ur Photoshop tool, its the open source equivalent of Adobe Photoshop.
tijn01
Is GIMP any good, I found it the other day but havn't used it yet, is it worth the download?
thewebkid
Yea it's worth downloading. I try and use that along with Inkscape. They are almost hand in hand. Inkscape is like Illustrator and The Gimp is a bit like photohop. AlsoI would suggest Paint.net It has a Photoshop feel to it and even some of the same commands. Best of Luck and God Bless!
Pikokola
Nah in some way I prefer GIMP, It didn't give too much stress to the pc (at least not as heavy as photoshop)

oh yeah, about moving the file from your desktop to laptop, I heard it's possible, as long as you know how to mess with the registry. Never confirmed it yet tough ^^
Da Rossa
I liked inkscape, never had heard of it, thanks!
ganesh
You can try to Thinstall (Google for it!) Photoshop... and then try to move it around.. Doesn't directly address your query.. but just putting it in as a tip for those people who want their apps to be moved from one computer to another frequently!