FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mysql Server Down?

SoutlinK
Hello. 5 Mins ago, my website works perfectly, but now it say that cant connect to the mysql server.

I check the "Server Status Check website" and it say all works perfectly, except when it show the uptime.

It say:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/daniel15/domains/daniel15.frih.net/public_html/server-info.php on line 47
Can't connect to MySQL server: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/daniel15/domains/daniel15.frih.net/public_html/server-info.php on line 49
Can't perform MySQL query: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/daniel15/domains/daniel15.frih.net/public_html/server-info.php on line 50

Is problem from frihost right?
tamilparks
hellow same to me also

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

i am thinking that there is a problem..
Bockman
Server 2 is back up. closing for forum cleanup (too many topics about the same issue)

-close-
Bockman
I noticed some sites were still having problems connecting to MySQL database. I needed to restart the server (MySQL service was stuck) in order to get it to work properly.

I have restarted the server and seems it's all back.

Any further issues with Server2 today, please state them in THIS thread. (so i cna monitor if it happens again).

Be Well Cool

-unlock-
silverdown
I am getting the PHPBB3 error of

Quote:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

My forum is http://mboard.silverdown.com that is having this error
Studio Madcrow
My website (hosted on server 2) can't connect to the MySQL server either...
Shewolf
Nor can can mine, hosted the same place. Sad
Q5U8
Hi, how many time will take the backup of Server 2?

A few hours more?
SoutlinK
My website still dont work
www.halospain.com
ptolomeo
I cant not connect to my directAdmin account, receiving

Quote:

DirectAdmin Login Page
Invalid login. Please verify your Username and Password

message on login page.

Also I cannot upload files to my account site using ftp, I receive a "non-space left on device"
message that make affraid of loosing important information from my account.

Please help me.[/quote][/url]
ftv_flung
I'm getting the same stuff as ptolomeo.

Any of my php files that require MySQL aren't working.

Quote:
phpMyAdmin - error

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)
SoutlinK
My website already work.

I think its already fixed
driftingfe3s
SoutlinK wrote:
My website already work.

I think its already fixed

Yeah, my site is up and running agian. Hope it dosen't break anytime soon.
tamilparks
for me its not solved....

my site is http://www.funworld.frih.net/tamil/index.php - HTTP 500 - Internal server error

but my other sites http://www.funworld.frih.net/jokes/index.php and http://www.funworld.frih.net/quotes/index.php is working very nicely and smootly and its connected to the database also..

can you please tell me whether i have to do any other thing because i have not backuped the contents