FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help me feed some hungry people.

Silk2008
Does anyone know of an attorney, accountant, or organization that helps new charities with getting started. Filing for 501c3 and such. I need an attorney, accountant, or organization that would be willing to work pro-bono or willing to donate their time to help me get started so I can feed some hungary people. There are many consultants out there but they want to charge way to much. This in time will be a HUGE organization, we just need help getting started. Thanks.
evilryu530
no i dont. you can find one online i bet.
bogger
I admire your hopefulness at being able to restore a 88 point fripoint deficit, evilryu Razz

silk, please note that your title spelling is wrong, hungary should be hungry?

As for your idea, local laws vary so much that it would be quite hard to find a lawyer with enough knowledge to help online, you'd be better off asking around your locality
MaxStirner
Silk2008 wrote:
Does anyone know of an attorney, accountant, or organization that helps new charities with getting started. Filing for 501c3 and such. I need an attorney, accountant, or organization that would be willing to work pro-bono or willing to donate their time to help me get started so I can feed some hungary people. There are many consultants out there but they want to charge way to much. This in time will be a HUGE organization, we just need help getting started. Thanks.

Unless you happen to be independently wealthy or have just cashed in on the lottery jackpot, then I would advise either joining any of the many excellent organizations active today or simply go to the next community center or soup kitchen (or church if you belong to one) and offer your services. If you intend to campaign for donations/contributions instead of donating time or money, again there are organizations in place for any number of causes and you will probably find them much more proficient and knowledgeable then you would ever be as a one-man-charity. I am not suggesting any specific ones since I have no clue where your interest lie, but I would be very astonished if you find a cause without a charity in place. The only way I can see a lawyer or accountant being of any use, is if you are planning to construct some type of tax shelter.
Silk2008
Thanks MaxStirner, to most your advice would be correct. However; there are very few, if any, charities that create revenue the way that we plan to. So I can't just go and join a generic charity and accomplish what I want. Ultimately we will change the way that all, or most, charities do business. Therefore we need to prove that it can work. So my needs remain as originally posted.

C'mon, I know some attorney is reading this dying to know what I'm talking about..........all you have to do is inquire. Twisted Evil For the rest of the curious, my website is under construction and hopefully will be hosted here at Frih. I will update this post when it's completed. It will explain everything.
bogger
attorneys are generally so loaded that they don't need free hosting, so they don't come on these forums Wink.

Mind if I ask, what do you mean by: ?
topic maka wrote:
Ultimately we will change the way that all, or most, charities do business
Silk2008
I know bogger, there aren't droves of attorneys here at Frih, but it can't hurt to try Very Happy Maybe someone who visits here knows someone.....maybe that person knows someone else.....

To give you a teaser answer for your second question; what if Microsoft, or EXXON, or some other huge organization were owned by a charity? Think about that for a second. Bye Bye begging!!!!! Using greed to feed!
bogger
This would cause problems Razz

Businesses are meant to make money. Any business whose goal isn't purely to make money, imo, will lose out to competitors who will do anything they can to win.

Unless you're talking about taking out the charity middleman, i.e. the common person who earns money and donates. You suggest to just earn the money yourselves?
Silk2008
Your getting warmer Twisted Evil
Silk2008
Oh well. I tried. Seems that in these economic times it's going to be alot harder than I thought to get a charity running. I'll just have to wait until I can fund it myself I guess. Still though any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Not to mention good for karma. Cool