FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best :: HTML Editor ::

fengtai
Ohk let the title say ...

Which is the best HTML editor ::

I personally use ,

Frontpage
Yahoo site builder
Easy web editor ..

Which soft U use ??
SamiTheBerber
vim <3

You only need a text-editor which has syntax highlight.
imagefree
For WYSIWYG editing, i prefer Dreamweaver 8.

Otherwise i use Notepad, WordPad, and Notepad ++.
ddoonie
I'm not coding inclined, so i will have to second the Dreamweaver recommendation... I find it very useful, as well as using Photoshop, and then slicing your page and importing into dreamweaver. Found it pretty flawless. Mind you, i'm far from professional... But nonetheless a very easy workflow, and rather intuitive

Darryl
jontyboy
Dreamweaver CS3 is defintley the best script editor well if your typing the page from script any way. Its easy to use and your able to preview the page in a web browser though thats if you write the page.Though it costs a lot of money so i just stick to notepad. Though if you can afford it Dreamweaver is the way to go.
MeddlingMonk
I prefer to use HTML Kit, rather than Frontpage or Dreamweaver. It's a step above a basic text editor, colour-coding various parts of the HTML code and allowing basic error checking.
InsanePL
I think best WYSIWYG is Dreamweaver but WYSIWYG really sux, You`ll never learn HTML this way.
Try co learn commands and write plain code at Editplus 2 without auto preview etc.
MrBlueSky
SamiTheBerber wrote:
vim <3

You don't need syntax highlight. Wink
But it's nice if an editor has it. Just like it's nice for an HTML editor to have builtin FTP support, utilities for color-picking, converting between ASCII, HTML entities, hex, It's also nice if it has an HTML-aware spelling checker, builtin support for HTML tidy, code folding, project management, etc.
DanielXP
notepad++ i what i always use.

Has all i need.

Line numbers + syntax highlighting
imagefree
InsanePL wrote:
I think best WYSIWYG is Dreamweaver but WYSIWYG really sux, You`ll never learn HTML this way.
Try co learn commands and write plain code at Editplus 2 without auto preview etc.

i started with FRONTPAGE, moved to Dreamweaver and during this i learnt HTML. Infact dreamweaver taught me HTML.
everfresh3
No matter what WYSIWYG editor you use, it's always good to know how to hand-code too.
Phil
fengtai wrote:

I personally use ,

Frontpage
Yahoo site builder
Easy web editor ..

Congratulations, admittance is the first step to recovery. Wink
I'm sorry. I'm just teasing.
Really though. If you are serious about learning HTML and web design, stay away from Frontpage.........far, far away. It does nothing but insert useless Microsoft garbage into your code. As a matter of fact, Microsoft stopped supporting it about 2 years ago.
Like a couple of people here already said, use a text editor to learn the basics, there are no less than 62,249,023 out there on the web (just Google "text editor" or "HTML Editor") and you can spend a week checking out programs. I do second the advice for HTML Kit. It's a bit bloated and intimidating at first, but is incredibly useful. But you have thousands top choose from. Notepad++ is very popular too.
SamiTheBerber
MrBlueSky wrote:
SamiTheBerber wrote:
vim <3

You don't need syntax highlight. Wink
But it's nice if an editor has it. Just like it's nice for an HTML editor to have built in FTP support, utilities for color-picking, converting between ASCII, HTML entities, hex, It's also nice if it has an HTML-aware spelling checker, built in support for HTML tidy, code folding, project management, etc.

Syntax highlight is have-to, when you code something big, for example, with php. You can easily see if the quotation fails or you haven't commented something which should be. Vim also has automatic indention and good code is indented Wink It will also show, which notation is for which, when you have lots of { or ( -marks.
roorm
PSPad for coding and Frontpage for layout stuff. I tried Dreamweaver but din't like it.
Diablosblizz
phpDesigner2008.

Has syntax highlighting, numbered lines, and highlights the error that you may have in PHP, if you code in PHP. It's great!
BlueVD
Ok, here's a full list of programs I use for HTML codding...
Windows:
good ol' fashion Notepad
Dreamweaver 8
Notepad2
Maguma OpenStudio

Linux:
Quanta Plus
JPico
mcedit (midnight commander editor)
Emacs
vi
kedit
Bluefish
NVU

Note that Linux has more options from which you can choose...
D'Artagnan
notepad++. Razz

I use NP++ and Dreamweaver, i like DW, but its poor in the programming side, NP++ is good in programing and "htmling"...

Im trying to test aptana, but i have little time for testing =/ , if aptana works as good as np++ to htmling i'll change to it...
swizzy
i never used dreamweaver due to its cost, but i use wordpad for quick editing html/PHP files, and php Designer for editing HTML/CSS/PHP, etc...

php Desginer is a little bulky but i like it because i think its real handy...
ftv_flung
Notepad++ is excellent and supports loads of languages!
traxion
strange that everybody is talking about frontpage or dreamwaver...

those programs are not oke.. they put a lot of html in ure code where u dont want it.

i use eclipes right now (jea it normaly for java) but it has all i need

nice colors for {} en () and it can track down both with a highlight

for the rest i use mine own head and for me thats the best way to program
dac_nip
KDE desktop
use KOPETE! its the best. i haven't had problems so far..
clovencrow
I use Arachnophilia and it seems to do the job. I wouldnt call it the best editor but at least it has syntax highlighting. I am poor so I really cant afford something like Dreamweever. I have tried other editors but I cant get the results I want.
bscomp
best HTML editor :: Webilder
snowboardalliance
InsanePL wrote:

That's very true

I use notepad++ and sometimes html-kit. Notepad++ is a great all around editor but html-kit has some extras that make it a little better for html.
kewiin
Okey i dont use a htmleditor but i dont do that much html jobs but if EditPlus2 counts then i use a html editor Laughing
tamilparks
only the Frontpage2003 its very nice
keit
i use >> "scite text editor"

this editor supports many programing language not only HTML.
and simple!! light moving!! easy configuration!!

but its minor editor for others?
phpc0d3r
What Not To Use:
Frontpage
Any WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) Editor (frontpage included...)

Some of my favorites:

Notepad ++ (All around easy to use and fast to load)
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/

phpDesigner (Geared towards php programmers, but still very usefull)
http://www.mpsoftware.dk/phpdesigner.php

PS Pad (Completely free and very fast... Confusing at times though)
http://www.pspad.com/

My #1 Favorite So Far:

E Text-editor (It's only $30 and has tons of features) (Think TextMate for Windows)
http://e-texteditor.com/

TextMate (Original Mac Version, still the best text editor ever!)
http://macromates.com/
paskall
I use Dreamweaver and Microsoft FrontPage. Frontpage is little bit savage for java and other new codes. There I use Dreamweaver.. But in dreamweaver you cant move objects freely as Frontpage so there I use Frontpage.

I think Frontpage and Dreamveawer are enough to design a website. Of course you will need programs like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks and Adobe Flash. What I use beside these, Swishmax and sometimes MS Visual Basic Studio.
nmoutaa
Hi,
I think that is Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Wink
Azmo
I'm only using Coda, did use Smultron for a while, but Coda i way better imo.
Jaspa
Myself, I like to use Notepad++. I must confess though, that I haven't tryed any other text editor, except wordpad that is.
Possum
Hi

I use uDoPage...

It names files automatically
Names Pics automatically.
Links automatically.

Oh and yes.. I wrote it myself lol

Cheers Possum..
WRC Meister
Coffecup HTML Editor, you can get it at www.coffecup.com.

it really rocks and it comes wiht alot of stuff included like scripts Very Happy
bigt
fengtai wrote:

I personally use ,

Frontpage
Yahoo site builder
Easy web editor ..

Which soft U use ??

Thank you all for the information. I have been trying Notepad++ and like it. I will probably try some other suggestions as well.
urbanbuddha
Dreamweaver or notepad. I've been using them for years. I generally use what's available on the computer that I've been using.

Any html editor that does not add fluff and colour-code the markup is a decent one. If it can autocomplete (though its not really necessary for HTML), but its an asset for sure.
SamiTheBerber
If you want to use editor with helping features, you should use NVU or Quanta Plus. NVU is for popular operating systems, but Quanta Plus is only for linux. I have heard that few guys have at first moved into linux operating system because of Quanta Plus.
swizzy
undoubtedly phpDesigner 2008 for me...
brokenadvice
PSpad. It has syntax hilighting for a bunch of languages, and it can edit hex!
welshsteve
I use Notepad++, an excellent free tool, with colour coding which can be configured, plus it has extensions. You can also open files up in a browser direct from a menu item.

I use TopStyle Lite for CSS editing.

I also have Dreamweaver CS3, which is excellent. And for .NET stuff I also have Microsoft's Visual Web Developer Express 2008
richard270384
I prefer dreamweaver.

I usually edit in code view and then flick to design view to see how it looks. I used to use frontpage but its just too IE specific and just creates more work.

I've used Microsoft Expression Web and that was terrible.
MaxStirner
As I am usually running Linux, I keep it simple: gedit, emacs or (especially) Kate which basically are are all text editors with syntax highlighting for most languages (HTML, XML, JS, PHP, ...). FrontPage, Dreamweaver et.al. have some comforts but: (a) they often produce very verbose HTML, (b) they tempt you do it "quick and dirty" when you should be doing "short and neat", (c) their previews don't help much since you have to check your pages against a number of browsers, versions and platforms anyway and (d) items such as checking HTML strict, syntax errors or accessability are best done online in my opinion. If the need arises, I do use Quanta+ (or KDevelop for scripting).
fribos
If you know code programming use Notepad++ , if not i think than Macromedia Dreamweaver is the solution. You can work with code, design or both interfaces.
killer911pt
I personally use Dreamweaver CS3 and you can do some stuff in visual basic and c++ but its pretty pointless alson notepad is usefull!

There are a few free ones out there as well
chosen0ne
Dreamweaver. Got it, it rules. Cant think of anything better.

If your looking for Free Drag and drop, get Blue Voda.
Thats cool too
ammonkc
I use textmate on a mac. Out of curiosity I've tried other editors like Bbedit and Coda, but always end up back with my trusty TextMate. I would recommend it if you're on a mac.
KeenEyes
Well if it's pure coding then I just usually use old fashioned Notepad or Wordpad, lol.
welshsteve
For coding purposes, Notepad++

For WYSIWIG it's between Dreamweaver CS3 and MS Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Idoru
I also stick to Arachnophilia. Nice care-ware, even if I prefer the older version.
Old-fashion or something, I'd guess.
guitarcrazy087
For Mac users I would suggest Smultron. It has syntax high-lighting, line numbering and a ton of other features I find very useful. It also has the syntax high-lighting for CSS, PHP, and probably many more languages. It also has a left sidebar showing all the documents you have open for quick switching. It works great combined with a local server and makes for easy web-design...
mgeek
clovencrow wrote:
I use Arachnophilia and it seems to do the job. I wouldnt call it the best editor but at least it has syntax highlighting. I am poor so I really cant afford something like Dreamweever. I have tried other editors but I cant get the results I want.

Arachnophilia used to be one of the top three html editing software available on the web. Man you should have seen it before Lutus turned it into a Java-run program. I used to have it and enjoyed its capability to make changes on several webpages at once, even up to 80 pages at a time. The other companions of Arachnophilia were HomeSite and FirstPage (now also commercial.) But this was about nine or ten years ago. Back then there was also xSite, it was the pioneer WYSIWYG for Windows (Netscape had its own WYSIWYG then which has been ported to NVu, I think.)

Right now, I use Beerwin's PlainHTML although I also used HTMLKit for a while.
martin91
i always use dreamweaver 8 its the best HTML program right now IMO. have been using coffecup HTML editor and didnt like that one Confused
MM357
SamiTheBerber wrote:
vim <3

Agreed

I personally use kwrite it is good for me .. just because I didn't know vim when I started using linux but I am trying to get on with it (vim) these days.
Tadtoad
I don't know which is best, but I use Dreamweaver. I used to use notepad in the beginning, then I tried a bunch of others, phpdesigner (can't remember the other names).

I haven't found any that I have though.
mgeek
fengtai wrote:

I personally use ,

Frontpage
Yahoo site builder
Easy web editor ..

Which soft U use ??

Ever heard of PlainHTML? Read this article
welshsteve
Interesting, but I think I'll stick with Notepad++ Smile
alkutob
I prefer these two editors

PSPad editor

http://www.pspad.com/en/

and NotePad ++

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

And here is another free editor you can try it

** PageBreeze

Download link
http://www.formbreeze.com/pgbreeze.exe

welshsteve
PSPad looks like decent software. Nice find Smile
dir3kt0r
....still using Dreamwaver 4... and frontpage 2003 Smile

plus notepad of course Smile
bernardnapoleon
i use Dreamweaver, notepad++ mostly for the ftp functionality.
bernardnapoleon
i use Dreamweaver, Notepad++ mostly for the FTP functionality.
pashmina
i think Dreamweaver is by far the best HTML editor. and the CS4 version beats any other available editors.
fox2000
first application that i used was Notepad.
and then I used Edit PLus
now I do the code thing on dreamweaver
xcloudy
Dreamweaver + Notepad2(or Notepad++) is definitly a perfect pair for HTML editing.
hfhhh8
i think the best is dream weaver....
Hogwarts
pashmina wrote:
i think Dreamweaver is by far the best HTML editor. and the CS4 version beats any other available editors.

Dreamweaver doesn't work over an SSH connection Sad

Vim, however.. <3
Idoru
Sorry for 'hijacking' the thread a bit, but my question is related to the topic...
The thing is, that I been using Arachnophilia 4.0 since about ten years back and ofcourse grown
very attatched to it. Embarassed
But, I'm not sure it is the easiest, most time-saving editor for me, and was wondering:
The thing that takes me the most time to do, is to duplicate pages for viewing of pictures. I use thumbs
to create an easy overwiev, and then the large picture by clicking them. Nothing strange.
But, my question is if there is an editor out there that makes this easier, more time-saving?
As it is now, I'm copying old pages and editing the links to the pics on them. Takes a while, and
feels like something the computer should do for me. Very Happy
Anyhow, out of all the editors mentioned here, is there any who does this?
Easy to use, but still lets me have some insight in the coding.
Vova
I use SciTE editor... It supports many languages, among which HTML..
mgeek
Idoru wrote:
I also stick to Arachnophilia. Nice care-ware, even if I prefer the older version.
Old-fashion or something, I'd guess.

I too prefer the old Windows version of Arachnophilia. Man, I think that the Java version is inferior to the old version.
Marcuzzo
I use SciTE which is a simple editor with syntax highlighting

rohan2kool
I used to use FrontPage and Dreamweaver earlier, [also Yahoo! SiteBuilder and something which had the word 'coffee' in it's name], however for the last 3-4 years i've completely done all my pages using hand-written code mainly in Zend IDE [sicne i work with PHP mostly] or with Komodo IDE or aptana if i'm working with non-server-scritped pages.

I also occasionally use EditPlus now, however i used to live by EditPlus 2 earlier.
cr3ativ3
Personally I love the Dreamweaver Interface (specifically cs4) I wish their was an easy portable version of it though! That way I could use it at school.

I also appreciate the fact that it has a built-in ftp client, however I believe the ftp client could be improved...it still has lots of bugs in it.

Anyways theirs my 2 cents.

Kind Regards
Aaron
mgeek
rohan2kool wrote:
I used to use FrontPage and Dreamweaver earlier, [also Yahoo! SiteBuilder and something which had the word 'coffee' in it's name], however for the last 3-4 years i've completely done all my pages using hand-written code mainly in Zend IDE [sicne i work with PHP mostly] or with Komodo IDE or aptana if i'm working with non-server-scritped pages.

I also occasionally use EditPlus now, however i used to live by EditPlus 2 earlier.

How is EditPlus as a text editor for HTML? Does it have a previewer like EmEditor? I am using EmEditor now.
ahlenius
i just use notepad, and photoshop cs3 and i get professional results, but if i can i use pre-scripted CMS, such as E107....
pollux1er
For the moment Notepadd++ 5.3.1 is the better Editor for many languages included HTML
Aredon
nmoutaa wrote:
Hi,
I think that is Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Wink

Dreamweaver CS4 has a much nicer ui to work with Smile. Especially if you write code from scratch, you have sort of mini-tabs along the top of every page that's "attached" to your current one; including php modules, and CSS. I find that to be extremely handy.
Fitz5
Notepad++ is by far the best HTML editor, in my opinion. Although fundamentally similar to the regular Windows notepad, it comes with so many great features like syntax highlighting, that I don't know how I could code as efficiently without it.
andersonic
I've always used Notepad. I never really liked using Dreamweaver or anything like that. I didn't even use it when I had to use it for a college assignment, using a WYSIWYG to build, I managed to get out of it and just use notepad.
tobenna
AS for me Dreamweaver CS3 is the best HTML, CSS editor because of its interactivity with all the element tags, next to it would be Visual studio 2008, all of the html tag elements can be found and put into position with the movement of the mouse, so all you do is to drag it into the right position that you want it, although that it would always be towards the left with out putting your div tag or without any css style sheet applied to it.
erlendhg
I used to stick with good old-fashion notepad.exe when it came to making web sites.
But afterwards it got more and more frustrating that you couldn't change the tab indents.

Also, it gets a bit easier with syntax highlighting. So now I use Notepad++, and would recommend it to anyone who wants to create websites.

I don't use WYSIWYG-editors. I actually hate them.
Tuvitor
I like Notepad++ for most things, Bluefish when I'm working on pages in Linux, and on occasion I'll use Dreamweaver to "hit the ground running" with a large project.
mgeek
erlendhg wrote:
I used to stick with good old-fashion notepad.exe when it came to making web sites.
But afterwards it got more and more frustrating that you couldn't change the tab indents.

Also, it gets a bit easier with syntax highlighting. So now I use Notepad++, and would recommend it to anyone who wants to create websites.

I don't use WYSIWYG-editors. I actually hate them.

WYSIWYGs are over-rated. They are good for typing in content, but for making layouts in webpages, I still prefer hardcore HTML coding.
foreverdestiny
Microsoft Expression Web but Notepad++ when I'm dealing with other scripts + HTML or when I want to code cleaner HTML.
mgeek
Has anyone tried RJ-TextEd yet? You can find it here.
slive
i use emeditor
anakin_skyrunner
That would be Dreamweaver CS4 Wink Really a good program, but very ressource intensive (does that make sense?)
welshsteve
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
That would be Dreamweaver CS4 Wink Really a good program, but very ressource intensive (does that make sense?)

I'm with you there, although I've used CS3 not CS4. It's a great program. I use Notepad++ mainly, but do use Dreamweaver from time to time. It is very RAM and CPU hungry so not ideal for those people without a high spec PC.
joostvane
I use Adobe Dreamweaver. But for the people (who actually bought it), I don't think it is worth so much money.
welshsteve
joostvane wrote:
I use Adobe Dreamweaver. But for the people (who actually bought it), I don't think it is worth so much money.

Especially considering software such as Notepad++, HTMLKit and Amaya are free.
medesignz
I said in a previous post today that I prefer Notepad...

I used Front Page and Dreamweaver to learn, and Notepad to put into practice!
anakin_skyrunner
welshsteve wrote:
anakin_skyrunner wrote:

I'm with you there, although I've used CS3 not CS4. It's a great program. I use Notepad++ mainly, but do use Dreamweaver from time to time. It is very RAM and CPU hungry so not ideal for those people without a high spec PC.

Yes, it uses loads of RAM and CPU, especially Fireworks Shocked I have used CS3 some time, but upgraded than to CS4 because of the better features and the same UI throughout the whole CS (like incontext editing, perfect for every blog)
Ccsteph22
"NVu"
Search it on google, Im curently using it Cool
mgeek
There a new text editor in town. It is designed for hard coders. You can check it out here.
tamilparks
i am using Frontpage 2003 also netobject fusion
esiportal
WYSIWYG editor usually make irrelevant codes for some hosting services. Personally, I had source code editor on my old site http://www.esiportal.110mb.com/code-editor.shtml - developed from TinyMCE editor, also had at here: http://www.esiportal.110mb.com/editor.shtml. Please test and notify to me if they don't run well yet.
Asap170
I prefer Dreamweaver, but it is to expensive. So I use PHP Designer 2007 Professional. I love it!
tamilparks
whats the latest software
morfeusman
any editor with lines is good i would say.

though, i use notepad. (lol)
polly-gone
I absolutely love HTML-Kit. When I first got it.... when I was like 8..... I took a half hour to learn all the interfaces and stuff, and now it is the ONLY thing I use for HTML, PHP, CSS, and JavaScript editing!

It's an amazing program.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
mgeek
PageBreeze is free and can help one design websites manually or in WYSIWYG mode. I describe it here.
Pakistanihackerz
dREm viewer is best but some fault
JPonsen
Im using HTMLkit and i'm fine about it.
b4r4t
Best is what You use and what speeds Your work Smile
I'm waiting for simething like Coda but for windows and for now I'm using notepad++ and few plugins (file and ftp browsers for eg.)
I don't like WYSIWTG - I prefeer to write my own code because only then I have 100% controll Smile
spring567
I like editplus.
babarus
I also think that Dreamweaver in the best html editor. An advantage is that u can also use Dreamweaver to create and edit your css file or php.
guitarfrk75
I went through several stages...

Notepad to start off, Dreamweaver and now Aptana. Aptana is free and supports syntax coloring (or whatever it's called!) for HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript and I think several other languages I can't use yet. It also shows you all the files and allows you to create "projects" that keep all the files for different websites tied together which is useful if you ever end up working on more than one site at a time!!

Deamweaver was okay but it always moved so slowly on my computer. That and the version I used forced me to use tables to organize the layout... which is annoying...

Jc
rajpk
notepad for simple application

and Dreamweaver for complex apps
tamilparks
what about Netobject fusion 11, its also good. anyone using netobject fusion 11
medesignz
i just downloaded Notepad ++... its pretty cool
coreymanshack
medesignz wrote:
i just downloaded Notepad ++... its pretty cool

What is your favorite thing about notepad++? I used to worship notepad++ but now I'm using Komodo Edit and I like it better.

I was so used to the way notepad++ highlighted things I could barely stand to use another editor. I switched to Netbeans and one day it stopped opening files for whatever reason, so I decided to try another editor.

Komodo Edit has not failed on me yet, and it's highlighting techniques are standardized.
IMO notepad++ does not have standardized highlighting techniques, and it hurt me from using any other editor for a while.
medesignz
I've gone from Notepad to Notepad ++ in the last week or so, it helps me read my coding much much better. Twisted Evil
helvizz
Notepad.

Really, there isn't the best one: the knowledge must be in your mind.

You can use the Word if you want to, as long as you know html, css, xhtml, php ...
medesignz
medesignz wrote:
I've gone from Notepad to Notepad ++ in the last week or so, it helps me read my coding much much better. Twisted Evil
Ive actually switched back now to Notepad
Jamestf347
It really depends on if you're coding it or, what? Like if you are coding it, either:

Htmlkit
or
Notepad++

they are amazing if you're doing the coding yourself. If not Might I suggest:

Dreamweaver
or even a regular website builder like yahoo, ect.
rayxzero
I personally use Notepad++ and Adobe Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is best to use when you need an editor that can also help you with page layout but you will also need a computer with high specs in this case.
meep
notepad++ and a browser.
no need for fancy wysiwyg editors Smile
thedinh
i used notepad++ and dream wearver
they are two best programto edit HTML code
bencen
I use Dreamweaver (not free but good for easy things.
Notepad++ is ok.
NVU is sh*t.
cherry-pie
i like to use MAX Html Beauty++
mgeek
cherry-pie wrote:
i like to use MAX Html Beauty++

Is it still being updated? I used MAX when I still had Win98.
medesignz
what do you guys recommend?
mukesh
hi, HTML editor is perfect for me Cool
zacky
fengtai wrote:

I personally use ,

Frontpage
Yahoo site builder
Easy web editor ..

Which soft U use ??

Well on my side i prefer two things.. IF it is commercial or those soft that you use to buy, then i'm go ahead and choose Dreamweaver since it's capable to a lot of things and it is a wysiwyg for your html.

Now when it comes to an open source soft, i prefer Notepad++ since again, it has a lot of capabilities to the task and it is very useful and very handy dandy since it highlights the syntax and codes of your program.

By the way, i'm using windows that's why i prefer those things.. But in some other cases like if your using linux, solaris or mac, probably you will use diff. softwares due to they more compatible with certain softs that really available for them.
macky
Blue fish editor and amaya.. I like those things because for me, it's handy and very easy to use.

One of the main reason why i choose them because i don't have a hurry time to check each of my

syntax if it is in a perfect order. Or maybe because i like the color when it's highlighting the syntax of

my codes. I also like Notetab Light, why? because It is a general text editor that has lots of features,

including a useful "Clipbook" facility that has numerous HTML editing conveniences. Its commercial

cousin Notepad Pro comes with syntax highlighting.
welshsteve
Well I mainly use Notepad++ for all my html coding. I have used various WYSIWIG programs in the past like Dreamweaver, HTMLKit and Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express, but I mainly used the code views in them. When on my Ubuntu linux laptop I use the Text Editor built into Ubuntu.
mukesh
my Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 is perfect Very Happy
mgeek
macky wrote:
Blue fish editor and amaya.. I like those things because for me, it's handy and very easy to use.

One of the main reason why i choose them because i don't have a hurry time to check each of my

syntax if it is in a perfect order. Or maybe because i like the color when it's highlighting the syntax of

my codes. I also like Notetab Light, why? because It is a general text editor that has lots of features,

including a useful "Clipbook" facility that has numerous HTML editing conveniences. Its commercial

cousin Notepad Pro comes with syntax highlighting.

Those are very good choices for programming or web designing. Amaya is a great WYSIWYG editor that helps a lot when you are typing in content. I would however prefer HTML-Kit for coding.
iman
notepad++.
It beats all the other editors
riccopt
BlueFish Editor is also a good option... but only for those using linux...
riccopt
here is the URL to DL BleuFish
http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/download.html
scorpxide5
According to functionality..

Adobe Dreamweaver has more functionality than the Artisteer
but in terms of user-friendly interface, Artisteer is by far the most easiest Joomla, Wordpress, etc.
Template Generator. the newly released version has a flash plugin in it..

and the component.. absolutely amazing.
zacky
fengtai wrote:

I personally use ,

Frontpage
Yahoo site builder
Easy web editor ..

Which soft U use ??

Sorry dude but those things are some kind of a crap. i prefered dreamweaver than those things you mentioned.
welshsteve
If you already know HTML/XHTML, then handcoding using Notepad++ is best. It's free, doesn't take an age to start up like Dreamweaver does, plus there are plugins.
mgeek
welshsteve wrote:
If you already know HTML/XHTML, then handcoding using Notepad++ is best. It's free, doesn't take an age to start up like Dreamweaver does, plus there are plugins.

Notepad++ is getting better and better. I notice that it has surpassed one of its contemporaries, PsPad in improvements.
asdfowkw
fengtai wrote:

I personally use ,

Frontpage
Yahoo site builder
Easy web editor ..

Which soft U use ??

As said before, you really only need a text editor.. My favorite program tho is atm PHPDesigner. otherwise i just recommend using notepad since you can do everything in there. Frontpage imo sux tho ^^ id you are gonna make a website you shall write code not click-n-drag and copy-n-paste images in a grafix design mode. rofl ^^ but thats just my opinion

fengtai wrote:

I personally use ,

Frontpage
Yahoo site builder
Easy web editor ..

Which soft U use ??

As said before, you really only need a text editor.. My favorite program tho is atm PHPDesigner. otherwise i just recommend using notepad since you can do everything in there. Frontpage imo sux tho ^^ id you are gonna make a website you shall write code not click-n-drag and copy-n-paste images in a grafix design mode. rofl ^^ but thats just my opinion
welshsteve
It's all about personal preference. I imaging everyone has their own individual way of doing things. I, for example, prefer to hand code my HTML in Notepad++, and my CSS in the free version of TopStyle (TopStyle Lite). But I imagine some people prefer the WYSIWIG interface of programs such as Dreamweaver, Microsoft's Web Develioper suite, NetObject Fusion etc. Even nVu (if this still exists). Personally I never got on with WYSIWG editors, but for people who aren't skilled in HTML they can be great for making websites.
medesignz
I am trying out context. But i think i may go back to notepad. Is that old skool?
Fire Boar
medesignz wrote:
I am trying out context. But i think i may go back to notepad. Is that old skool?

Not really, vi is far older than notepad, and ed is far older than vi. If you want to be old skool, use a command-line editor. Notepad is just... useless, really.
codermage
best editor for very basic web sites and for novices : Web Page Maker Smile
Best editor for professionals : Dreamweaver
kaitou1412
[Taken right off Wikipedia]
Some of its general features include:
Quote:

Tabbed document interface
    Drag-and-drop
    Multiple clipboard
    Split screen editing and synchronized scrolling
    Spell checker (requires Aspell) (Spell checker doesn't distinguish between text and code)
    Supports text encoding formats such as Unicode, for international writing systems
    Find and replace over multiple documents
    File comparison
    Zooming

It also includes features for source code editing:
Quote:

Auto-completion