FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adapting other webpage`s info

kk_loke86
Hi, can someone tell me wheather I can use other website`s search engine and then taking its result to be shown on my own webpage? Is it require the service of SOAP?
rvec
It's always possible if you want to use frames.

Not sure what you exactly want but most of the times you can submit the query with a POST or GET var. Then you might be able to get the results and put them on your own site with curl but I have no idea on how to do that.
kv
kk_loke86 wrote:
Hi, can someone tell me wheather I can use other website`s search engine and then taking its result to be shown on my own webpage? Is it require the service of SOAP?

Yes you can. Search engines like google offer search results as webservices. You can make a webservice request, parse the result xml and display the data in whatever way you want.

For more details on google webservice, check this out. http://www.google.com/apis/
kk_loke86
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try it out and see.. I have encountered the SOAP service in my PHP reference book... Can some one let me know how to apply it on PHP and what is the service is up to?