FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bodybuilding

frenklino
Who is bodybuilder? Smile
How much CM has your biceps? Smile
I know good page for Slovaks bodybuilder Popis vykonávania cvikov and very good suplements shop Aminoshop
escritor
I've heard such supliments may cause unwanted side effects. Razz
Ghost Rider103
I go weight liftting every morning at 4:30A.M.

I don't take any supplements though. However I do throw some protein bars in my diet, aswell as some protein shakes. For me, extra supplements is not necessary, I have muscle gain easy as it is, it's just in my genes.
Cddhesh
Well i go to gim everyday and i am becoming muscle man slowly.Dont get into the habit of supliments as they are harmful and cause effect.Rather i would like to suggets you to have nutritious diet ie proteins.
escritor
Some of the adverse effects may be found in this Wikipedic article.
oskuro
i dont like people that take steroids to become stronger..... thats so sad...
escritor
Yes, it's depressing. I wish people had other priorities in their lifes than having muscles.
Coclus
Bodybuilding is one of the stupidest things one might do in life.. It looks horrible, is time intensitive, costs, and hurts your body!
escritor
Just a question.. is the expression "bodybuilding" used only to refer to people who take supliments and drugs or to everybody who try to be buff, even by exercising?
scutari
this very strong muscles topic, but I prefer to be strong and with muscles on in my mind, though I don't hesitate to say that girls like bodies with muscles. I used to go to a fitness center but due to lack of time that is not possible right now. Very Happy
Kelvin
I go to gym 2 times a week and just got back from gym today. Usually do a 2 hour workout. I don't take suppliments or any proteins but i'm thinking of taking those protein powder to gain mass quicker. Seems to take way too long to build any visible mass. I agree that too much muscles may make a person look ugly but most people look better with an average built than being skinny people. Skinny guys is not an in trend.
meet in rio
There's nothing wrong with exercising to stay healthy, but I find excess muscle to be absolutely repulsive. Half the bodybuilders you see look like they've had the skin peeled off of them. People just don't look normal with so little body fat!

As Clive James remarked, Arnie looks 'like a brown condom stuffed full of walnuts'.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show wrote:

Janet: Well, I don't like a man with too many muscles.
Frank: I didn't make him... for you! He carries the Charles Atlas seal of approval.
bissoboa
Kelvin wrote:
I go to gym 2 times a week and just got back from gym today. Usually do a 2 hour workout....

I would like a lot to get more muscles, but I don't think the gym should be the way 100%.
I'd like to work hard to do something's useful, (like farming?)
so than I will get little beautiful musles as a secondary effect Idea
escritor
^I'd love to have a small farm. Very Happy

Take a look at this ridiculous picture of bodybuilders: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1277/696572935_00ad2774af.jpg
gr8inferno
If you into Body building you can do it safe or harmful way. Unfortunately safe way takes time and dedication. Quickest way can be harmful and fatal to your body i.e steroids. I lift weights, I do cardios , strecth and meditate to relieve my stress. streghth is not about how big your biceps are. MMA fighters can tell you that, heck Fedor can show you that. so you want to build do it the safer way by sticking to your goal, proper nutrition and lots of rest.
Boffel
Well, its ok to be an almost bodybuilder, but a real bodybuilder is just well discuss...

Look at that blood ehm dont remember what it was in english... The blood tunnels thing...

It looks like it gonna blow! Shocked
deanhills
Some muscle building is obviously good as it keeps your body in great shape. Muscles also tend to burn fat. But then there is muscle building as a sport and where I can appreciate people liking to build their bodies with layers of muscles, and I am happy for them, it looks a little bit artificial and weird to me. Sad part is of course this can only last for as long as there is regular work-outs accompanied by lots of eating of high-proteins and taking supplements. Becomes totally unrealistic after a while where one has to consume vast amounts of food on a regular basis and it becomes a case of virtually living from gymnasium to food to back to gymnasium.

Steroids of cause are not a good idea and very harmful. Think for some however muscle building can become compulsive and desperate, especially when they are competing very hard. And steroids are so easy to come by. Very sad, as I sometimes think it can be as harmful as drugs in a different way.
valentin_n
I heard if you stop go to the gym after 2 years you get fat very soon. it is true?
mikakiev
valentin_n wrote:
I heard if you stop go to the gym after 2 years you get fat very soon. it is true?

it"s not true. getting fat is only a matter of your diet. Many pro bodybuilders became slim after they stopped bodybuilding.(Frank Zane,Kevin Levrone etc`)
loyal
How much are people benchpressing (assuming you do brenchpressing)?
I've managed to do a few reps of 50kg. I know weightlifting is making me stronger: I can do a bicep curl of 14kg, whereas before i could only do 12kg.

I think benchpressing is a great way to get fit up. But people should take care to also take care of their heart and do cardio exercises.

Peace.
mikakiev
loyal wrote:
I've managed to do a few reps of 50kg. I know weightlifting is making me stronger: I can do a bicep curl of 14kg, whereas before i could only do 12kg.

I think benchpressing is a great way to get fit up. But people should take care to also take care of their heart and do cardio exercises.

Peace.

Benchpress is good.There's No risk to damage your back and knees like when you do squats and deadlift.I like benchpress because I have got back problems and do not do a lot of deadlift.My best benchpress is 115 kgbut now I am mostly training my back so my training weight in benchpress is 105 kg.Do you make an arch with your back when you press?
mikakiev
On November 8, 2008, Ukrainian-American power lifter Ryan Kennelly set the world record bench press.
Kennelly performed the record bench press of 1,075 pounds (489 kilograms) at the Pride Performance Strength Wars in Kennewick Washington. It was his third successful attempt of the day, with each attempt greater than 1,000 pounds.
This lift bested his former bench press world record of 1,074 pounds (488 kilograms) at the United Powerlifting Association Bench Bash For Cash in Dubuque, Iowa (July 12, 2008).
It was the fifth time in a row that Kennelly had bested the bench press record.
At 6 feet, 2 inches tall, Ryan is one of the taller lifters competing in bench pressing attempts. His length provides a slight disadvantage to bench pressing, due to the increased distance of the lift.

So what does it take to perform a legal, world record setting bench press?

To perform a "legal" bench press in competition, the lifter must lower the weight to his chest, pause and return the weight to the rack. A lift can be disqualified if the bar does not continue is ascent (moves downward during the lift), if the bar fails to touch the chest, if the pause is not long enough (some sanctioning bodies require the bar pause on the chest until a "lift" command is given by a judge), if the lifter raises his rear of the bench or shifts his feet during the bench press attempt, among a few other things.

Previous record bench presses were performed by other members of the 1000 bench press club, Scot Mendelson (1008 pounds, 2/2006) and Gene Rychlak (1010 pounds, 12/2006)
loyal
mikakiev wrote:
loyal wrote:

Peace.

Benchpress is good.There's No risk to damage your back and knees like when you do squats and deadlift.I like benchpress because I have got back problems and do not do a lot of deadlift.My best benchpress is 115 kgbut now I am mostly training my back so my training weight in benchpress is 105 kg.Do you make an arch with your back when you press?

Peace.

I keep my back straight when benchpressing. Isn't that right? The last I did was 60kg, but I have moved onto chestpressing with dumbbells (as opposed to a barbell). I'm doing 22.5kg. It's quite interesting to do, because you have to use your muscles to balance the weights, not just lift them.

Do you do any shoulder pressing?
paskifire
I go to the gym thrice a week following my own program. Chest, Bicep, shoulder for MWF and Back, Tricep, Shoulder for T TH S.. it works for me Very Happy
tallison
So, I think generally I wish I had taken a much more "slowly but surely" approach as a kid -- instead I always wanted fast results and to look like the Hulk. That ended up nowhere -- I'd either get injuries from training too hard, or just get easily discouraged by slow progress and wonder if I should take steroids or something (VERY glad I never did -- living to your 40's can give you quite a lot of perspective on these things).

Now I work out 3 times a week and am loving the slow build up of muscle mass and general feeling of fitness. The one thing I've found rough is doing enough cardio work-out because it bores me to tears. I did find spinning a good alternative -- but it's so dependent on finding a good studio and instructor. Since I last moved, I haven't been able to. So, I'm in the gym and trying everything -- listening to music, reading a book, etc. The thing that seems to work the best though is this: rather than trying to ignore the workout I concentrate on it and pretend to be in some sort of competition (even better when somebody I know is rowing beside me and we can actually compare stats while underway). I use a spinning bike the most, but also the rowing machine and a bunch of climbing gizmos. The point is by really knowing what my heart rate is (I have one of those monitors that straps around my chest and a wrist-watch style display) and exactly how much time I'm sustaining a certain intensity, I can have an internal dialog -- mainly pretend races: "Ok, there's 3 hills in this course, so you've got to think strategically" -- and "look out, your competitor is making his move -- push it!" etc -- that kind of stuff -- I can really get the time to melt away. In other words, instead of trying to distract myself from what I'm doing, I try to immerse myself in it and vary the intensity and motivational state enough to fill the time with a running story of sorts that is all about the pattern of exertion -- all while keeping my heartrate in my target zone. I probably learned this from what worked with a good Spinning instructor -- by getting us to check our tempo and pay attention to our heartrate and breaking the work-out up into 5 - 8 minute chunks with a particular purpose, he also got that time to fly.

I guess the insight, here, is that maybe the answer isn't in trying to do things like watch TV or read, but to focus carefully and find a story about the workout that works for you. My 2 cents, anyway.

- Tom
faultless
bodybuilding, hmmm i never try it.. but just i work on the building places, so we need the power...
mikakiev
[quote="loyal"][quote="mikakiev"]
loyal wrote:
How much are people benchpressing (assuming you

I keep my back straight when benchpressing. Isn't that right? The last I did was 60kg, but I have moved onto chestpressing with dumbbells (as opposed to a barbell). I'm doing 22.5kg. It's quite interesting to do, because you have to use your muscles to balance the weights, not just lift them.

Do you do any shoulder pressing?

With 60 kg it is right to press with your back straight.You can concentrate on your technique and do several reps without any cheating.It helps tendons and ligaments to adjust themselves to the weight and the muscles to remember the right movement stereotype.If you wanna press more you can use your back as an extra facility to press making an arch you can shorten the distance for the barbell to move up and down and press more.The only thing is that pelvis should always touch the bench.
donofindia
i dont like people that take steroids to become stronger....it should be natural na....
RomainTR
I like the concept bodybuilding via farming ...

or bodybuilding via dancing,
or bodybuilding via being lifegard
or bodybuilding via being physiotherapist
or bodybuilding via making love all the time
or bodybuilding via helping your neighbours carrying their shopping
or bodybuilding via hyper active cleaning

2hours 2 times per day ... whow you can do such a amount of stuff using your physical power, repetting the same stuff thousand times,

Be useful, people need you Smile
mikakiev
RomainTR wrote:
I like the concept bodybuilding via farming ...

or bodybuilding via dancing,
or bodybuilding via being lifegard
or bodybuilding via being physiotherapist
or bodybuilding via making love all the time
or bodybuilding via helping your neighbours carrying their shopping
or bodybuilding via hyper active cleaning

2hours 2 times per day ... whow you can do such a amount of stuff using your physical power, repetting the same stuff thousand times,

Be useful, people need you Smile

Bodybuilding via bodybuilding
bodybuilding via powerlifting
bodybuilding via Strong man performance
tarunbhardwaj06
please post some info about exercises.......
mikakiev
tarunbhardwaj06 wrote:
please post some info about exercises.......

Which exercises are you interested in?
About our training programs?
sudarsan7532
The problem is most supplements that are available in the market are not approved by any government body, most supplements contain steroids and other complex chemical /organic compounds that might cause kidney failure or might even affect your pancreas in some cases.

So if you want to take supplements, you have to be aware of all this. You can also consult your local doctor or an experienced physical trainer or body builder for assistance.
jabce85
i refuse to ever take anything in order to cheat.. and by anything i mean anything that is marketed to get you "big"....... i don't trust people in this world, let alone those people trying to make a buck off of your ignorance
loyal
Obviously we're all/mostly anti-steroids. But do you people accept protein powders? They are just pure protein. They don't make you bigger or anything. They simply make more protein available to your muscles after micro-tearing your muscles (usually from lifting heavy weights or lifting a weight many times), and so the muscle has plenty of protein to build more muscle. Some people may not get enough protein otherwise. If you take a protein powder and don't go to the gym, the excess protein (that isn't used) just gets turned into urea, and so you urinate it out.

Your thoughts on whether taking protein power is acceptable?

Peace.
mikakiev
1. Whey protein is the best source of amino acids available. It has a complete amino acid profile, no other protein source contains this. Amino acids are not only vital for many body functions, they are the building blocks of protein and are essential to muscle growth and recovery. Without adequate amino acids in the diet performance and muscle growth will be hampered.
2. Whey protein is absorbed faster than any other protein source. This makes it ideal for drinking after workouts, and first thing in the morning when the body needs nutrients and aminos as quick as possible.
3. Whey protein is actually a by product of cheese. It’s what’s left over in the cheese making process. In the old times, whey protein used to be thrown away, being dumped in rivers close to the cheese factories.
4. Whey protein isolate (the most purest form of protein) contains the highest biological value of any protein source. Biological value (BV) is a measure of how quickly and efficiently the body can use a protein source. The higher the better. Eggs have a BV of around 100, whey protein isolate can be up to 150!
5. Whey protein can help with type II diabetes. For people with type 2 diabetes, adding whey to high-carbohydrate meals stimulates insulin release and reduces spikes in blood glucose levels after meals.
6. Whey protein can help you lose weight! Protein takes more energy for the body to process than carbs and fats. This means more calories are need to process it, and more calories are burned. This leads to a faster metabolism and faster weight loss.
7. Good whey protein supplements are also high in Glutamine. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body, and is responsible for muscle repair and regrowth as well as being the primary fuel for the immune system.
8. Some studies have shown that whey protein can help increase memory power in stressful situations.
9. Whey protein supplements are also sold as “tasteless”. These tasteless forms of whey protein can be mixed with just about any recipe to add extra protein without effecting taste.
10. Whey protein isolate is practically fat free. It’s also lactose free. Whey protein isolate is filtered and can be almost 95% pure protein!
11. Whey protein is now the most common ingredient in weight loss drinks, meal replacements and products.
wanshi
the man in the picture really look evil Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
tukun2009manit
frenklino wrote:
Who is bodybuilder? Smile
How much CM has your biceps? Smile
I know good page for Slovaks bodybuilder Popis vykonávania cvikov and very good suplements shop Aminoshop

can anyone achive bodybuilding without suppliments?
mikakiev
Mr.Olympia 2009 has finished.
Jay Cutler won the Mr. Olympia bodybuilding competition for the third time Saturday night. The win marked the third time that Cutler has took home the world's most prestigious bodybuilding title. Cutler, not to confused with Chicago Bears quarterback of the same name, beat out second place Branch Warren and last year's Mr. Olympia Dexter Jackson, who place in third. Jay Cutler returned.Jis shape was really good,especially he progressed with his quads.It was a surprise that Branch Warren was N2.He has got no arms whatsoever.His legs are tough but the proportions...The King of symmetry Dexter was only the third.Especially I was disappointed with Dennis Wolf.He wasn't prepared for this Mr Olympia and was out of 10.I expected him to be at least in top
5 this year.Sad he lost a lot of symmetry and didnt dry himself well.

wanshi wrote:
the man in the picture really look evil Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

It is Dorian Yates,the greatest bodybuilder in the UK.

Before face of Rychlak was always covered with sunglasses.Now he looks different everyone has got a chance to see his real face.Smile http://img.youtube.com/vi/27SZh8ZkAo4/0.jpg
Gene said:The glasses are to protect my right eye. I am extremely light sensitive in my right eye due to an accident I suffered. Somewhere along the line it transformed into the look.
Now he looks like a professor:)
distantship
hey, why all those hostile commentss people are different and they could make their choices in life as long as it doesn't affect other people or illegal. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle for some men or women and some people just have passion for getting bigger than they were born, you all talking about bodybuilders like they are sick or depressing but I know a lot of bodybuilders who actually enjoy their life and very health conscious, i just think that you guys should just at least be more familiar with the topic before judging other people life choices. what about plastic surgery, botox and weightloss pills those people are so into, are they sick to you too?
mikakiev
2010 Arnold Classic Men's Bodybuilding is over.This year my favourite bodybuilder Hidetada Yamagishi was not placed,didn"t get in top 5.Greene should have performed like this at Mr.Olympia 2009.Would get a better place.Branch warren??Most muscular but no arms...
Results

Best Poser
Kai Greene

Most Muscular
Branch Warren

RESULTS:

1. Kai Greene

2. Phil Heath

3. Branch Warren

4. Dexter Jackson

5. Toney Freeman

6. Ronny Rockel