FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Python support?

logan
We are thinking of starting a website based on Python. The site is going to be done with Python as we have Python wrappers to make a C++ application run under a web server. To be honest we are just experimenting with things around and are C++ guys than Python folks.

We were looking for a free host to help us play with the concept and I stumbled upon your site. I wanted to know if you support Python 2.5? As I said, we are just starting with Python, and for now we are using Python 2.5.

Secondly, can anyone tell us about which Ajax framework for Python we should use, which is available on most of the hosts including this one?

Thanks a lot for your time.
eznet
I am not certain on this, so maybe someone can correct me, but I think that FriHost is still running on Python 2.2 - I am most positive that they do not have 2.5 installed.
This place is an awesome free host, but the admin started it as a side project and I don't think that he often has time to do anything with it. There were requests for him to install 2.5, but there has not been communication on the matter for some number of months.
I know that a lot of the community uses Django, though I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for...

-Matt
Ghost900
Yes you are correct, Frihost has Python 2.2 unless we upgraded recently and there are no announcements so I doubt it.
DJ_Ango
Doesn't Django require Python >= 2.3 ?
I'm asking because I'm searching for a free hosting to play with it Smile
rvec
DJ_Ango wrote:
Doesn't Django require Python >= 2.3 ?
I'm asking because I'm searching for a free hosting to play with it Smile

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/faq/
Quote:
Django requires Python 2.3 or later.

also in that faq is a link to Django friendly hosting: http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/DjangoFriendlyWebHosts

edit: python will be updated soon