FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

World ending in 2012

feder
Ok well for a while now i have been thinking about the world coming to an end in the year 2012 i really cant say i believe it because well...lets face it i cant even count how many times people have said the world will end on different days.
I do think that we are setting are selfs up for an Early grave but thats besides the point.
So with all that being sead to you guys think the world will come to an end in the year 2012?
Please do not spam this topic i want this to be an honest debate.

Thanks
< BlahHx2 >

The Earth will be physically destroyed? Pretty difficult - No evidence for 2012.
All life on Earth will be wiped out? Pretty difficult - No evidence for 2012.
Mankind will be entirely wiped out? Pretty difficult - No evidence for 2012.
Western civilisation will be destroyed? Not impossible, but why 2012?
YOU will die in 2012? This one you could make come true if you REALLY wanted to.
Jesus will return in 2012? No one will know in advance, so again, no evidence for 2012.

This was probably thought up by someone last year: 5 years is far enough in the future for most people to have forgotten about it when 2013 comes, but sufficiently near for gullible people to pay attention.
m-productions
actully there is a very interesting thery on this, im not going to cover it all cuase its very large, I really suggest a google on this (and a search here, there was another topic on it)

A lot of games and movies use this theory as well (Assassins creed, a new game, uses this after you beat the game in a secret message)

Basically, all superstitions come to this one point... its never happened that all these different sources agree.

the... (cant think of the name) but some caladner happens to end in 2012, that one thing where people use the bible and do something to each line and pull things out of it, that also says itll end in 2012, I dont remember all the detials, but i read it all myself once, very very VERY interesting ready, not sure if i believe it, but its stil a good read.
Gustavus
20+5 is 25, multiply this by 100 and you get 2500, subtract 500 to end up with 2000... Now take 6, double it, and add it to 2000.... What do you get?

2012. The world will end!

I really don't believe in those things, they're just people finding little relations about things in different things... Sometimes it's even less than that, and it's just someone using their imagination. If the world ends in 2012, then I'll also believe that the government was behind 9/11
whitehole
some cults believe this. I don't give it a second thought and there's not personal, scientific, or religious reason for me to believe this is true.
Klaw 2
Don't people talk about this because of the Maya's. Their callender ended in 2012. And no i don't believe it will end then.
SpellcasterDX
I highly doubt the world will end in 2012. Why would it end on that random year? Just cause calendars stop at that year? That means nothing. I don't think there's enough evidence to prove that the Earth or whatever will end in '12.
hofodomo01
well, now that russia is starting to point its nukes towards ukraine again, and the whole kosovo debacle again...

meh, wouldn't be too surprised if the whole arms race threat began again. most likely it won't, but...you never know...
_AVG_
I think that people just come up with these futile theories to gain publicity.
Nameless
Graph time!

Code:
# of 'End of world' predictions
************---|
Zero  -->  Many

# of world ends
---------------|
Zero  -->  Many

Hmm.
Triffid
2012?
Aint that the year of the colonist take over in The X-Files?
PatTheGreat42
I really hope the world doesn't end in 2012 ecause I would ahve only been out of college for a year and that just doesn't seem fair.
J-Evil
...and when it doesn't happen, people will make up a new date for the world to end Rolling Eyes

"Omg Y2K! teh computerz are gonna malfunction and crash and nuclear missiles will fire off and kill us all!!!1" Confused
Bryan_Bezzle
The different sources are the Mayan Calender, the I-Ching, and a super computer program made to randomize words. They all came to the conclusion the world as it is will end on December 26 2012. There may be more but I cant think of them. The Mayans, however just built their calendar to according to the stars and it ends on 12/26/2012. That doesnt necessarily mean end of the world, just change of times. The I-Ching is weird because in the I-Ching Handbook there are symbols that look like 6 horizontal lines on top of each other spaced a bit, and they have breaks in some of the lines. Coincidently, if you take a line graph of the rise and fall of civilizations throughout recorded history, it surprisingly matches up with the symbols once the symbols are layed out horizontally from the first symbol of the book to the last. Not necessarily end of the world, but neat I admit. The super computer program however, takes into account history, civilization, current events, and trends while it randomizes words to create predictions of the future. It yep, it predicted 12/26/2012. Some might say John The Baptist predicted it as well through Revelations, but that is much more vague than these others. Anyways the Bible says to live your life well because the end of days is near so you should be prepared for it anyways. Otherwise the Bible also said the time and date could not be predicted correctly by any man. So.. Rolling Eyes
eday2010
Apparently the world was supposed to end in 2000, and 1999, and practically every single year ever. It won't end in 2012, or 2020, or 2050, or even 2017. The world will end when the sun burns out, which is still billions of years away. Then everything will die and the planet will either become a solid frozen rock, in which case the world as we know it will end even though Earth will still exist, or the sun will become a black hole and the planet will get sucked into it.

All in all, it doesn't matter either way. The Earth will continue to exist after humans are gone, so the world will still continue without us.
Seiji
It could end by an asteroid or an meteor. Anyone saw the Super Comet thing on Discovery? It showed what would happen if a large comet would hit Earth.

I'm not sure when its going to end but I have heard that the Maya's calendar ends in 2012 and the only thought I have about that is that the calendar just ends because thats as far as that made it up too. On the Bible Code they saw that there are two possible things in 2012: 1. Being a comet would hit earth 2: The comet would be destroyed by an Asteroid blocking its way.

I don't know whats going to happen but I hope it doesn't end and the Earth continues to go on for billions of years. We're already destroying the planet as it is so I hope nothing happens to it.
rightclickscott
It was 2021, not 2012.
eliteindia
Lol I dont want the world to be ended like this Crying or Very sad

I want the planet earth to be alive for ever.But seeing all the activities going on around the world,there is a 50% chance for the planet to be vanquished.According to a Guru in our country the whole America will be wiped out from the map due to monsoon chnges.Lol thats not good and several other continents merge together.

Adding to the above in coming years there will be snow all over the world and no heat.I hate snow Mad
LostOverThere
I'm curious to know why the world would end in 2012. What im saying is to the topic creator, why 2012 and not 2010 or 3000?
saratdear
OK, even though I don't want to believe any of this, the people who claim this do seem to have some sort of evidence. Frankly, I can't understand a word of it. Embarassed I just don't know what to believe now. Here is the link to a page which lists 7 reasons why the world might end in 2012 - http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?tid=74463
Liu
LostOverThere wrote:
I'm curious to know why the world would end in 2012. What im saying is to the topic creator, why 2012 and not 2010 or 3000?

There's been many publicity recently over 2012 recently, especially on the history channel. The Mayan calendar ends in 2012.

The algorithm developed to calculate the end of the world based on past events and current events found on the internet states the end of the world will be 2012.

The Sun is to reverse it's poles on 2012 which was calculated by NASA. They say a deadly peak of radiation will happen during this time.

Many religions state that 2012 will be the end.

Nostradamus predicts 2012.
b4r4t
There was so many World Ends that I'm not able to count ... 1999 ... 2000 ... 6 June 2006 (06.06.06) ...
It isn't worth to bother such things ...

Next thing is that in 2012 there will be European Football Championships in Poland ... and I want to watch this event LIVE.
I don't want any World Endings in this time ... after that - ok ... but not earlier Smile

PS. With Nostradamus there is one thing ... he wrote some "poems" and people when reading them now just match them to the existing events ... noone ever used Nostradamus notes to say what will be ... only they show his notes after something is hapening ... sometimes even those notes are verry far from this event ... but because people belive almost in everything ... ehhh
imagefree
no its impossible to tell.

I believe that no one can predict the world's end.
Liu
imagefree wrote:
no its impossible to tell.

I believe that no one can predict the world's end.

You can predict it, how accurate you are with the prediction is the discussion.
cloudship
I personally do not believe the world is going to an end, since world is not only human beings, but also with other mamal and animal inclusive. As long as life is kept going on in this planet, revolution will bring on civilazation. Well, let alone the world would end in 2012, even if it did, should we live another life? I don't think we have other choices. Everyone is a result of the long term of human revolution and evolution. Not only our body, but also our culture and civilazation are the result. Meanwhile, we are also a intermediate process of the evoluation. Our sons and grandsons will live a more advanced or developed life than we do now, and it is all because of what we are doing now. To talk about the end of the world is just talk in vain.
J-Evil
The world isn't going to end in our lifetime. It is in human nature to TRY to predict the end of the world but they're just that. Predictions. There have been MANY predictions of when the world was going to end for whatever reason in the past, but we're still standing. Scientists just like to add fuel to the fire by coming up with these ridiculous doomsday scenarios that only have like a 1:1,000,000,000,000 chance of ever happening anyway (gamma ray bursts, asteroids/comets, black holes, etc. Rolling Eyes), and Nostradamus never predicted anything right.
bonestorm74
Well, I wouldn't say the world will end in that year. I'm not saying it can't, of course it can. Anything is possible. Nuclear war, killer virus, or what have you. Any of those are possible, if not probable. I don't think it's our time just yet.

The world may well be a worse place in 2012. That's more likely. More pollution, more crime, more poverty. That's probably something a lot more realistic to get worried about, if you really want to worry about something. Wink
molif
Davidgr1200 wrote:

The Earth will be physically destroyed? Pretty difficult - No evidence for 2012.
All life on Earth will be wiped out? Pretty difficult - No evidence for 2012.
Mankind will be entirely wiped out? Pretty difficult - No evidence for 2012.
Western civilisation will be destroyed? Not impossible, but why 2012?
YOU will die in 2012? This one you could make come true if you REALLY wanted to.
Jesus will return in 2012? No one will know in advance, so again, no evidence for 2012.

wow.. u are sure literally smart
Gustavus
Why can't we just say that the world as we know it might end any day now....

Now that we've created tools capable of destroying the world as we know it (and so have other countries) it's always a lingering threat... All it takes is some upset leaders and a twitchy finger.

That or the world as you know it may end in a situation similar to Chernobyl. Smile

But I highly doubt the world will specifically end in 2012 because some calendar said it would, and some crazy people also said it would... If it does end it will be our own doing.
raine dragon
Honestly, I don't care when the world will end. Surprise me. No need to run about fretting about it all your life only to not have it happen, IMHO.

I'd rather live each day the best I can, then count down to some invisible end of time....
newso
lol, the only thing i want to say to this post is.

SHUT UP!, aint gonna happen
Urban
Not in 2012, soon, yes. And that's also depend on the world you're talking about because "the world" doesn't mean "the human race". I know the governments won't change their minds and won't care of what may happen if we continue to pollute like this, they only care of their economy. Just think about it, the planet is changing and the Earth WILL survive (of course), will the humans survive? I don't think so. One thing is sure, we can die at any moment, there's thousand of thousand of asteroids in the space and when a big one will have the Earth in his trajectory, good bye =) The dinosaures are the best examples to describe the situation.
bradford19
i graduate from university in 2012, the world better not end then or ill be pissed!
loonix
m-productions wrote:
actully there is a very interesting thery on this, im not going to cover it all cuase its very large, I really suggest a google on this (and a search here, there was another topic on it)

Very very wise words. The subject is indeed fantastically large. Lots to read out there regarding this. I find the whole thing very interesting due to the amalgamation of different events, Solar Maximum for example and different, many many different religions/civilisations having some connection to this period. Theres a lot out there and the more you read the deeper the rabbit hole can go.

David Wilcock has an interesting theory surrounding 2012, stating that 2012 is more to do with ascension than any doomsday theorists would pitch.

If its all nonesense, then its still a good bloody read Wink

Regards
j_f_k
saratdear wrote:
OK, even though I don't want to believe any of this, the people who claim this do seem to have some sort of evidence. Frankly, I can't understand a word of it. Embarassed I just don't know what to believe now. Here is the link to a page which lists 7 reasons why the world might end in 2012 - http://www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?tid=74463

well done for posting a pretty reasonable discussion there - although many of those 7 reasons don't pinpoint 2012 but they pinpoint very good reasons why the world can end shortly.

Lets put 2 of these reasons in perspective - imagine the swapping of poles was like the circle line in London. This train is supposed to come every 8 minutes in rush hour. Equate the arrival of the circle line at your station with the swapping of hte poles. The fact that the poles swap every 750k years, and we're 30K overdue is like saying the circle line is 20 seconds late. You may want to look up baysian probability here (Sorry to go all techo) but given the circle line is already 20 seconds late, - even if (snigger snigger) the circle line had a history of being punctual and arriving within 10 seconds of scheduled time 90% of the time then you would still expect to wait on average at least 5 seconds for the train. That equates to 15K years - 1 or 2 K longer than I expect to live at any rate. OBviously if the circle line has a history of being less punctual then the expected wait is still longer.

Essentially what we are saying is that because we're overdue, we need know we have a late arriver and we only look at the averages of the late arrivers, which, are, by definition late.

The upshot is that if someone tells you that an event occuring every 750,000 years is overdue by 30K years therefore its likely to happen within the next 5 years - its a load of bulldust.
j_f_k
related to this is a tv special i saw once that claimed that no less a figure than sir Isaac Newton claimed by interpreting the bible that the world will end in 2075. Hardly a fool or a crackpot.

I don't know the details and tv documentaries are not the last word in definitive research, but interesting nonetheless.
standready
End of the Earth, doubtful. End of life on Earth, maybe. I hope not.
ZenFountain
I guess I'll need to keep a bag packed Laughing
Utopia GFR
Well, since Nostradamus started the whole thing (he might not be the first predictor over end-of-the-world predictions though), lots of other similar soothsayers (mostly charlatans probably) came up with the same idea of conveying horrendous deadlines to life on earth.

I do not give credit at all to these hypothetical beliefs, it just adds more to mass hysteria I guess.

On the contrary, I do believe in science and more "rational thinking".

What's the point in predicting that earth will be a graveyard in 2012?

I mean, is there something more to add than we should all start praying for our beloved ones, stop global economy (that would deregulate capitalism, not a bad thing probably for under-developed countries) and seek shelter on other planets (Mars or the Moon probably?).

This topic is good food for thought... especially for people who might be interested in imagining what would really happen if this tragic event were to come in 2012.

Any good novelists out there? Very Happy

feder wrote:
Ok well for a while now i have been thinking about the world coming to an end in the year 2012 i really cant say i believe it because well...lets face it i cant even count how many times people have said the world will end on different days.
I do think that we are setting are selfs up for an Early grave but thats besides the point.
So with all that being sead to you guys think the world will come to an end in the year 2012?

Thanks
< BlahHx2 >

the... (cant think of the name) but some caladner happens to end in 2012...

That would be the Mayan calendar.
clickworld
As I take it the world will not end shortly Smile
Arnie
j_f_k wrote:
related to this is a tv special i saw once that claimed that no less a figure than sir Isaac Newton claimed by interpreting the bible that the world will end in 2075. Hardly a fool or a crackpot.
Actually, Newton had quite a lot of weird traits.
MarzEz
it's perfectly possible the world will end in the next 100 years, due to:
Arrow global warming.
Arrow the hole in the ozone layer.
Arrow pollution due to carbon dioxide.
Arrow the sea levels rising.
Arrow the rising probability of a severe plague/flu etc.
Arrow the oil crisis.
Arrow overpopulation.
and several other factors i've probably forgotten.
well, i quote from evolution: "Have a nice end of the world."
Ghost Rider103
MarzEz wrote:
Arrow global warming.
Arrow the oil crisis.
Arrow overpopulation.

Your first 4 all are part of Global Warming, which is the best explination in my opnion for the Earth comming to an end. But I doubt it would be as soon as 2012. Just my opnion though.

Rising probability of flu, how could that bring the Earth to an end? Very few flu cases end in death.

The oul crisis? Maybe, this could lead to some neucular warfare, which could kill us all.

Over population? I don't see that happening by 2012.
unknownc1c
oh yeah i know i love thinking about these "world ending" topics. Like in 2036 or something like that an asteriod has a high chance of hitting the earth and if it does we'll all die. Anyways back on the 2012 topic, i wouldn't be against it happening, but i'm not going to go shoot up the place right before it supposidly happens.

Then there's also the whole global warming thing and this new thing i heard that involves global warming but has caused mass extinction to our planet like 12 times and it hasn't happened in a loooong time. So idk, there are a TON of dooms day theories, i'd 100% sure one of them will happen eventually :p
cloudship
and, one word more, the world will not end in 2012 if it goes on like now, but it can happen to get destroyed, if we human being all voted and agreed to use our technology and weapons to fire a big firework. Then I think the earth is not that endurant to handle that. Yes, we have over thousand atomic bombs and missiles around the world. No one is safe if that day came.
sanx
Quote:
Why did the ancient Mayan or pre-Maya choose December 21st, 2012 A.D., as the end of their Long Count calendar? This article will cover some recent research. Scholars have known for decades that the 13-baktun cycle of the Mayan "Long Count" system of timekeeping was set to end precisely on a winter solstice, and that this system was put in place some 2300 years ago. This amazing fact - that ancient Mesoameri- can skywatchers were able to pinpoint a winter solstice far off into the future - has not been dealt with by Mayanists. And why did they choose the year 2012? One immediately gets the impression that there is a very strange mystery to be confronted here. I will be building upon a clue to this mystery reported by epigrapher Linda Schele in Maya Cosmos (1994). This article is the natural culmination of the research relating to the Mayan Long Count and the precession of the equinoxes that I explored in my recent book Tzolkin: Visionary Perspectives and Calendar Studies (Borderlands Science and Research Foundation, 1994).
The Mayan Long Count

Just some basics to get us started. The Maya were adept skywatchers. Their Classic Period is thought to have lasted from 200 A.D. to 900 A.D., but recent archeological findings are pushing back the dawn of Mayan civilization in Mesoamerica. Large ruin sites indicating high culture with distinctly Mayan antecedents are being found in the jungles of Guatemala dating back to before the common era. And even before this, the Olmec civilization flourished and developed the sacred count of 260 days known as the tzolkin. The early Maya adopted two different time keeping systems, the "Short Count" and the Long Count. The Short Count derives from combining the tzolkin cycle with the solar year and the Venus cycle of 584 days. In this way, "short" periods of 13, 52 and 104 years are generated. Unfortunately, we won't have occasion to dwell on the properties of the so-called Short Count system here. The Long Count system is somewhat more abstract, yet is also related to certain astronomical cycles. It is based upon nested cycles of days multiplied at each level by that key Mayan number, twenty:

Number of Days / Term

1 / Kin (day)

20 / Uinal

360 / Tun

7200 / Katun

144000 / Baktun

Notice that the only exception to multiplying by twenty is at the tun level, where the uinal period is instead multiplied by 18 to make the 360-day tun. The Maya employed this counting system to track an unbroken sequence of days from the time it was inaugurated. The Mayan scholar Munro Edmonson believes that the Long Count was put in place around 355 B.C. This may be so, but the oldest Long Count date as yet found corresponds to 32 B.C. We find Long Count dates in the archeological record beginning with the baktun place value and separated by dots. For example: 6.19.19.0.0 equals 6 baktuns, 19 katuns, 19 tuns, 0 uinals and 0 days. Each baktun has 144000 days, each katun has 7200 days, and so on. If we add up all the values we find that 6.19.19.0.0 indicates a total of 1007640 days have elapsed since the Zero Date of 0.0.0.0.0. The much discussed 13-baktun cycle is completed 1872000 days (13 baktuns) after 0.0.0.0.0. This period of time is the so called Mayan "Great Cycle" of the Long Count and equals 5125.36 years.

But how are we to relate this to a time frame we can understand? How does this Long Count relate to our Gregorian calendar? This problem of correlating Mayan time with "western" time has occupied Mayan scholars since the beginning. The standard question to answer became: what does 0.0.0.0.0 (the Long Count "beginning" point) equal in the Gregorian calendar? When this question is answered, archeological inscriptions can be put into their proper historical context and the end date of the 13-baktun cycle can be calculated. After years of considering data from varied fields such as astronomy, ethnography, archeology and iconography, J. Eric S. Thompson determined that 0.0.0.0.0 correponded to the Julian date 584283, which equals August 11th, 3114 B.C. in our Gregorian calendar. This means that the end date of 13.0.0.0.0, some 5125 years later, is December 21st, 2012 A.D.1

The relationship between the Long Count and Short Count has always been internally consistent (both were tracked alongside each other in an unbroken sequence since their conception). Now it is very interesting to note that an aspect of the "Short Count", namely, the sacred tzolkin count of 260 days, is still being followed in the highlands of Guatemala. As the Mayan scholar Munro Edmonson shows in The Book of the Year, this last surviving flicker of a calendar tradition some 3000 years old supports the Thompson correlation of 584283. Edmonson also states that the Long Count was begun by the Maya or pre-Maya around 355 B.C., but there is reason to believe that the Long Count system was being perfected for at least 200 years prior to that date.

The point of interest for these early astronomers seems to have been the projected end date in 2012 A.D., rather than the beginning date in 3114 B.C. Having determined the end date in 2012 (for reasons we will come to shortly), and calling it 13.0.0.0.0, they thus proclaimed themselves to be living in the 6th baktun of the Great Cycle. The later Maya certainly attributed much mythological significance to the beginning date, relating it to the birth of their deities, but it now seems certain that the placement of the Long Count hinges upon its calculated end point. Why did early Mesoamerican skywatchers pick a date some 2300 years into the future and, in fact, how did they pinpoint an accurate winter solstice? With all these considerations one begins to suspect that, for some reason, the ancient New World astronomers were tracking precession.
The Precession

The precession of the equinoxes, also known as the Platonic Year, is caused by the slow wobbling of the earth's polar axis. Right now this axis roughly points to Polaris, the "Pole Star," but this changes slowly over long periods of time. The earth's wobble causes the position of the seasonal quarters to slowly precess against the background of stars. For example, right now, the winter solstice position is in the constellation of Sagittarius. But 2000 years ago it was in Capricorn. Since then, it has precessed backward almost one full sign. It is generally thought that the Greek astronomer Hipparchus was the first to discover precession around 128 B.C. Yet scholarship indicates that more ancient Old World cultures such as the Egyptians (see Schwaller de Lubicz's book Sacred Science) and Babylonians also knew about the precession.

I have concluded that even cultures with simple horizon astronomy and oral records passed down for a hundred years or so, would notice the slow shifting of the heavens. For example, imagine that you lived in an environment suited for accurately demarcated horizon astronomy. Even if this wasn't the case, you might erect monoliths to sight the horizon position of, most likely, the dawning winter solstice sun. This position in relation to background stars could be accurately preserved in oral verse or wisdom teachings, to be passed down for centuries. Since precession will change this position at the rate of 1 degree every 72 years, within the relatively short time of 100 years or so, a noticeable change will have occurred. The point of this is simple. To early cultures attuned to the subtle movements of the sky, precession would not have been hard to notice.2

The Maya are not generally credited with knowing about the precession of the equinoxes. But considering everything else we know about the amazing sophistication of Mesoamerican astronomy, can we realistically continue to deny them this? Many of the as yet undeciphered hieroglyphs may ultimately describe precessional myths. Furthermore, as I show in my book Tzolkin: Visionary Perspectives and Calendar Studies, the Long Count is perfectly suited for predicting future seasonal quarters, indefinitely, and precession is automatically accounted for. Some of the most incredible aspects of Mayan cosmo-conception are just now being discovered. As was the case with the state of Egyptology in the 1870's, we still have a lot to learn. In addition, Mayanists like Gordon Brotherston (The Book of the Fourth World) consider precessional knowledge among Mesoamerican cultures to be more than likely.

copy from (http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html)
jtayl153
I've been told that in the year 2012 an asteroid three times the size of jupiter is going to hit earth.

This theory can't be correct!!

If it is correct....

Why are scientists ssoooo worried about Global Warming and the consequences it will have in 50 years time, IF We are going to be hit by said asteroid Question Question

Seems rather stupid to me. Twisted Evil Very Happy Cool Embarassed Razz
Chris24
There was a show on tv just recently about all of this. It went into the different theories and such. I found it quite interesting ...
singh.gurjeet
Gustavus wrote:
20+5 is 25, multiply this by 100 and you get 2500, subtract 500 to end up with 2000... Now take 6, double it, and add it to 2000.... What do you get?

2012. The world will end!

I really didn't understand the point of this calculation!!! Man, One of us has to be dumb, either you or I!!! I'll prefer it to be you.
Bluedoll
Is it possible the world could end? Yes, after all even large planetary systems can evap, a super nova I think is when a star explodes. There are forces far beyond our control. Also man's ability to distroy themselves is quite evident so is debate even required for that one? What one thinks will happen however is another thing.

One point I would like to make is in defining an end does not always mean an end, period. For example, a house that is in a sad state can be tore down and replaced or can be repaired. Some reno's are from the ground up almost. An end Evil or Very Mad can mean a new beginning Idea as well.

It really depends on the state of the union and I don't mean congress.

Very Happy
polly-gone
Here is some clarification for you all. There have been many, many, many theories that the world is going to end in 2012. Nostradamus predicts that there will be a world war around that time. That's one theory. The second theory is that the Mayans' "Long Calendar" ends on December 21, 2012 (which is does). And so they predicted that the world would end on that day so they felt that they should stop making the calendar. Well, I can debunk that, with my own theories.

1) They got bored with making three thousand years worth of calendar, so they stopped.

2) The people who were making it died.

3) They realized that other people can make calendars too....

-Nick Smile Smile Smile

Here is a link to a website about it: http://www.december212012.com/
friuser
I"m always so annoyed with end of world scenarios. Some people should be glad their miserable existence is snuffed out sooner than later. Lol. j/k.

I'm really not bothered if the world ends because people generally should have an idea where they are going when they are dead so theres no reason to worry about it. Isn't that why there is religion? In any case I can see without a doubt 99 percent of the world population are not very constructive with their lives that would warrant salvation. That includes me :twisted:
Vladalf
I don't believe in this thing. Each year cults say the world will end, they don't have what to believe in. Wink
I just hope I will finish my projects till the end of the world, heh.
-Vladalf
KronikSindrome
i would like to sing my response.....

ssoomme say the eeenndd iss neeaarr
some say we'll see armagedon ssooonn
certainly hope wee willl
I ssuree could use a vacation from this

bbulllll ccchhheeee iiittt
thhreeee
rrrriinngg
cciiirrrrrr cccuuuussss
sssssiiiiideeee seeee oooooohhhhh

Cool Laughing
uuuuuu
The prediction, if I understand it correctly, isn't to mean that the world will literally end on Dec 26 2012, but only that the world as you KNOW it will end then.

An event, the details of which I am not at liberty to disclose, will be perpetrated against humanity by the scientologists on that day, and most of you will surely die.

This will make life on Earth much more enjoyable for we who survive. The population density will decrease from about 300 to about 15 people per square kilometer of arable land.

The mean IQ of humans will nearly double on that day.

What a wonderful world, all hail Will Smith. All hail Tom Cruise. All hail L. Ron.

And the first thing I do after that beautiful and perfect day, after I finish my audit report and I'm done playing with my little machine that measures my Qi or my blood pressure or whatever, will be to pee on the graves of all Anonymous scientology haters.

You know who you are.
But your anonymity will do you no good once we rise to power, will it?

You'll be just another unmarked plot of daisies.

But me and Tom Cruise, we'll be listening to my old CCR tapes and watching the sun set and laughing and laughing and laughing.

The End.

Say hi to your mom for me,

Uwe
Stevezorr
I am not worried at all. There have been so many predictions of the end of the world (some having 'evidence' supporting just as much as this) and have all been proved wrong. Just live life normally, worrying about stuff is a waste of time.
singh.gurjeet
Stevezorr wrote:
...worrying about stuff is a waste of time.

Very true.... There are more and pressing issues about future we should be worried about, than some predictions....
zjosie729
I think the world will end EVENTUALLY. I just hope it's not when I'm alive.
doppleganger
wtf

does it make a difference

enjoy life to the fullest

let it end when it wants to
Vrythramax
Will the world end....no clue, I'm just curious if it's a paid holiday (Frihost Staffers work off a meger salary).
HalfBloodPrince
Details...Frihost style.
tony
m-productions wrote:

A lot of games and movies use this theory as well (Assassins creed, a new game, uses this after you beat the game in a secret message)

Basically, all superstitions come to this one point... its never happened that all these different sources agree.

the... (cant think of the name) but some caladner happens to end in 2012, that one thing where people use the bible and do something to each line and pull things out of it, that also says itll end in 2012, I dont remember all the detials, but i read it all myself once, very very VERY interesting ready, not sure if i believe it, but its stil a good read.

I still do feel it is just ironic. I have heard some of my friends go on about the 2012 disaster which is apparently impending upon all of humanity! haha; maybe I am too much of an optimist? I don't know; maybe I will be proven severly wrong; ... well I do hope not as that would mean my death... It seems scary but I choose not to worry. I figure it is a better way to live than to worry.

After all, cannot we find so many ironies like this and choose 2011 or 2010? hrm.. maybe even this year, 2008 will be the end of all the world. I hope not but it is possible you can find evidence for that!
darkeagle
2012 Crying or Very sad

It's so close, i wanna live much more...
singh.gurjeet
darkeagle wrote:
2012 Crying or Very sad

It's so close, i wanna live much more...

You are not alone buddy.... There are many....

BTW, if there's any solid proof of this, I would love to quit job and work on my passions; as I think I can survive using my meager savings till then Smile
Vrythramax
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
Details...Frihost style.

Forgive the short post....but HUH?!? Shocked
Alaskacameradude
I'm wondering why someone said John the Baptist predicted this in Revelation. I have read the entire bible and I don't remember reading this, of course it's possible I missed it I guess....
DEVLiN
The world did not end 2000 either! LOL
Davidgr1200
I'm willing to bet you $10 000 that the world will NOT end in 2012.
If I'm right - you will give me $10 000
If You're right- well, we'll all be gone anyway :)
BigMo420
My first son's birthday is Dec 11. He will be 10 on 12-12-12, which is when the planets will align and the window to new worlds will be open.

I will be sitting with my family and friends toasting this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity around a fire or BBQ or some other fun activity.
vineeth
Just another matter for a good laugh.... Smile

What do you know about the world?? What is that really? How did it came to existence or is it really existing? How can there be an end??

Who are you really, thinking about the end?

Read more about Indian philosophy... or atleast a good commentary on Bible.. Learn some Physics. Forget rubbish...
BigMo420
vineeth wrote:
Just another matter for a good laugh.... Smile

What do you know about the world?? What is that really? How did it came to existence or is it really existing? How can there be an end??

Who are you really, thinking about the end?

Read more about Indian philosophy... or atleast a good commentary on Bible.. Learn some Physics. Forget rubbish...

Indian philosophy? Yeah, they've got all the answers. NOT. (A Bear shit in the woods then wiped his ass on a pine tree (they usually use birch trees) , it's a sign of an unhappy God. Lets throw our first born sons into the volcano to appease them.) Rolling Eyes

on 12-12-12, the planets in our solar system will align in a row. This has been predicted since Mayan times. The gravitational forces that will be unleashed on that day will be epic. It will open doors to new ideas and advances in technology, provide insight to things about the universe we were previously in the dark about, and likely cause considerable damage here on Earth with earthquakes and flooding from tidal upheaval.

My guess is some nut-job like Al Gore will try to claim it's our fault and create some kind of gravity credit that you can buy to help offset the effects that are coming.

:edit: I think the actual date is Dec 21, 2012, not Dec 12, 2012
shovi
2012 = Liberation of the human race

OR

2012 = Fully Microchipped population under control

Its really up to the people to decide. On one hand we can reclaim out freedom and forever forget being enslaved. But on the other, Big Brother would be the official owners of us.

Take your pick, it will be the end of the world *as we know it.
Srs2388
I don't think it will end... and if it does that's what's meant to happen i would rather not know and just live my life while I can.
enjoy it. have children get married ETC.
I'm not too worried about it. people have said the world is going to end so many times.
the year 2000... it didn't end obviously.
the date.
6-6-06 people were flipping out saying that the devil is going to come and the worlds going to end.
just chill out. relax. and enjoy the life.
Smile
Karel_vanroye
Bullshit.

End is too suddenly, if it end, it ending by some slow process, at least this is what I'm thinking.
DjMilez
raine dragon wrote:
Honestly, I don't care when the world will end. Surprise me. No need to run about fretting about it all your life only to not have it happen, IMHO.

I'd rather live each day the best I can, then count down to some invisible end of time....

I'm agreeing with this post.
Chris24
Just enjoy life now and live with no regrets, we all die someday anyways so just do it right til the end
andyd34
This topic seems to have drawn a lot of interest so the big question is will it or won't it.
Is 2012 the year or to 8.12pm, its worth thinking about.

In some early replies people have suggested Jesus may return, lets face it though if he did he would end up in an assylum because nobody would believe him

What are the odd this happening 10-1, 20-1, ?? whatever the odd i am willing to wager $100000000
it doesnt end, i am serious about this wager, if i lose i will give you the money on 1st Janruary 2013.
Are there any takers
Admin32
i saw that Sad
really bad news
but who cares Very Happy
KronikSindrome
yes...and much like when 2000 struck,
we should all hide in our basements/bomb
shelters and pray for redemption!!!!

i don't think if the earth ends it in 2012
or 6066 it should make a difference to
how we live our lives today...

i mean a bus could hit ya tomorrow,
you wouldn't prepare for that....
so why get ready for the 'end'

oh...oh my.....ggg! aaaghg!
COMET! gotta go! it's raining fire.
Shocked
dougblackjr
Honestly, no one knows the date or the hour....so says Jesus.

The Bible says He could come back at any moment, "in the twinkling of an eye", "like a thief in the night." So, yes....I guess it could be 2012. It could be 3012. It could be seven seconds from now.

The important thing is to be ready.....
Dadde
World war 3 will be a total wipe-out for the world
thejam
The calender of the mayas didn't predict their extinsion, so why should it predict the world's? And since when supercomputers have the capability of predicting the future? I don't even start about the bible, or other holy books, cause these are just as trustful as the horoscope predictions in women's tabloids.
However the world i facing quite some dangers that might be a highly potential risk to the existence of human beings. The funny thing is these dangers are actually caused by humans themselfs. Think about the nuclear weapons, or the slower climate problem. I don't know why people believe in these ghost stories when there are realistic dangers facing them. Guess we are waiting for salvation???
gr8inferno
uhh her we go with the Mayan Calendar again, I already had a discussion with some guy about this.
yea, no solid evidence that the world is going to end in 2012. nada!
fpwebs
Will the world end in 2012?

Many weird signs show that something big is supposed to go down in 2012 (more specifically Dec. 22, 2012) however I doubt that it involves the world ending. Considering some of the most top psychics (including Nostradamus) predicted when the world was going to end, but none of them said 2012, but rather a later date concerning the alignment of our solar system within space (which gives the approximate date and time). So what if the Mayan calendar ends on 2012? They have been extinct for a long time now, maybe they were too lazy to finish the calendar? All this really is is a bunch of little fairytales going out of hand and everyone believe them because they have nothing else better to do. If the world does end in 2012, it's most likely because no one is paying attention on the world around us. If everyone would take action on perserving the planet longer than its expected expiration date and do plenty of research in our solar system and our galaxy (and the galaxies around us) enough to where we are certain that the human race can continue even after our planet decinigrates then we will end up good. For example, everyone takes action to recycle and make sure that we use our resources wisely, that way we have more of the resources to research and eventually we will be able to make the human race survive by discovering new ways of survival.

My opinion only, but that's just me. I'm more concerned about NOT ending the world rather than saying when the world is SUPPOSED to end.
HamsterMan
MarzEz wrote:
Arrow global warming.
Arrow the oil crisis.
Arrow overpopulation.

Excuse me, I just have to comment on this. Most of these wouldn't cause the end of humanity at all.

Global warming itself would never wipe end life on earth, unless life on earth can't handle a few degrees increase in temperature. However, if a new ice age start, that could actually kill all humanity. If it went on long enough.

Even if carbon dioxide has a major impact on the current climate change, which is starting to be doubtful, what with the 800 year lag, it is still not pollution, and it is in fact needed for all life.

About the sea level: http://flood.firetree.net/
+7 is pretty much the worst case scenario, and I can soo see humanity surviving that.

Yes, the creation of a super virus/bacteria could indeed kill everyone. And with all the antibiotics everyone takes for the smallest sniffle, it's pretty much a question about time before we got a deadly drug-resistant organism on our hands. Point is, don't take antiobiotics unless it is actually necessary.

The oil crisis would/ and already have definitely lead to a change in our daily lifes, but that is about it. It won't suddenly just kill us all.

According to many, the population will stabilize at the highest maintainable number, and then just stay there. So there shouldn't be much of a problem from that.
jcvincent75
Back in 1991, people in our community were talking that the world will end that year. Then on the first day of 1992, they adjusted the date of the end of the world to 1995. By Jan 1, 1996 the world was still in tact. Then the date when the world ends was adjusted again to 2000. They said when the clock hits 12 o'clock in the morning of Jan 1, 2000, the world will end. Look at the world now. It didn't end. Then this time they are saying that the world will end in 2012?

In 2012 when the world will still be in tact, I'm sure world's end will be adjusted again..... and again... and again.... and again... Then when the world really comes to an end, they will call them selves prophets? I don't think so. I call them clowns.

Cheers for world peace and for the long life of this world!
loonix
There are many 'prophecies' pointing to something big occurring 12/21/12 0 The mayan calander & the I-ching are a few interesting things indeed. However I don't beleive the world will end - moreover the world will change. In what way, Who knows? Intersting times ahead.
jon_k
the mayans (badspelling i think :S) said it would end in 2012 but what ever happened to them so i wouldnt really belive them
vineeth
No worries, the world will not come to an end untill each and everyone finds the beginning of the world. And the end is not by the physical destruction of the universe, but by the awareness of the real existence of the universe by each and everyone...

No years counts here...
KHO
The world ending on December 21st, 2012 is a Mayan and Hopi Indian prediction made near 2600BC. The Mayans predicted that the Sun will move to a unique spot in the sky -- and hold still for a while. We now know that this day is a solstice day (which they also "predicted"), that means that the Sun will sit precisely on the heavenly crossroads between the Milky Way and the galactic equinox, forming a perfect alignment with the center of the galaxy. The Mayan's were famous for studying the stars, they plotted their year off it and had it down to a thousandth of a decimal place (the most accurate till modern technology) and were able to use stars and the night sky to calculate every single solar and lunar eclipse to this very day. Amazingly enough, they even predicted the very year that their civilization would be overrun by foreigners from over seas.

But actually, very little is really known about the Mayan's or their culture. When they were invaded by the Spanish, most of their society was burnt to the ground. The Mayan calendar seems to end at the date of December 21st, 2012. It begins at the beginning of their society which they believed to be the beginning of time, and they believed this date to be the very end of time. Due to their reputation as "prophets" that they acquired by predicting every solar and lunar eclipse and their own demise, their idea of the end of days took on some serious thought. However, the Mayan's had an incredibly complex method of keeping time, including several calendars measuring their own time periods and showing their own "end", so what makes this one so much more important?

The calendar that most people look at as predicting the end of time is the one called the "Long Count" calendar. The long count calendar divided time into five lumps of time, each one showing its own cycle. In the first cycle, a jaguar would appear on earth and devour everyone. In the second ended with air, in the third in fire, the fourth in flood, and the fifth dictates the time period we are in now which seems as though it will be ending in earthquakes.

But wait, almost every year, someone has something new to say about it. Why is that? Well its pretty simple, when the Spanish invaded, they BURNED almost everything. Things get hard to read after they have been burned. As a result archeologists are still studying their complex calendar and developing new theories about it and more over publishing new books about it.

Nearly every religion predicts an end of time, the Mayan's prediction is only getting more attention now because it has a well defined date that is so close to the current one.
Diablosblizz
It's just like year 2000. All these computers have a bug where once it reaches 2000 it dies? What are the chances? Sure, yes I will agree that these computers may not know how to handle the new year, but for them to not work again is crazy.

Another superstition.
reiika101
I really don't believe that the world would end at year 2012. For the past few years people keep talking about the world ending and such, but till now nothing has happened. Plus, we don't have that much accurate technology to know whether these certain things will come true like the Sun, volcano, etc. Besides, I still have a lot to do ahead of me. Razz
PatTheGreat42
Even if the world isn't ending, I vote we have a HUGE party. A blowout party. A "we won't have to clean it up in the morning" party.

That'd be sweet.
Zach25
Well, if it does end, I won't regret anything I did before 2012. Except the fact that I won't make it big before I retire, but oh well. Razz Ya can't have it all
psycosquirrel
Zach25 wrote:
Well, if it does end, I won't regret anything I did before 2012. Except the fact that I won't make it big before I retire, but oh well. Razz Ya can't have it all

That's the way I'm viewing it. I don't have any regrets, and I'll be nearly 30 then. I'll die in the prime of my life, with the love of my life, perfectly happy.

I don't have complaints about it.

But none of us are omnipotent. We don't know when / where / how the world or society will end, and we never will until it is too late.
Tammy
i seriously dont belive this. like how would the world just suddenly end. what will happend to the bllions of people on earth?XD just pop or eplode or even sink to the ground. Laughing
mtorregiani
No 2012 London Olympics, then...
Just joking...
jsarnold
Apparently it is true. The world will end in 2012.

In fact, the world will end at exactly 3.14pm (GMT) on 27th March 2012.

However, there is some good news.

The new world will begin at exactly the same time, and I have been assured that the transition will be so smooth you shouldn't notice.
gregge123
jsarnold wrote:

The new world will begin at exactly the same time, and I have been assured that the transition will be so smooth you shouldn't notice.

haha, laught pretty hard Wink
mewmewlazlo
In 2012, i hope that the Mayans, Aztecs, etc. are wrong, but that may be a bad thing. By 2030, or even before that, we will run out of rainforest, kill out half this world's animal species, and then die off within a few years as i see it. I am still very young and want to see many things after i get my college degree and if the world is ruined, then I will be mad. So mad that you do not want to know how mad I will be. I can do a lot to help out soicety and I will not be able to if we are going to die off right after i start my profession.
Afaceinthematrix
Zach25 wrote:
Well, if it does end, I won't regret anything I did before 2012. Except the fact that I won't make it big before I retire, but oh well. :P Ya can't have it all

I'm down. Make sure to send me an invitation! I'll bring the chips.
psycosquirrel
mewmewlazlo wrote:
In 2012, i hope that the Mayans, Aztecs, etc. are wrong, but that may be a bad thing. By 2030, or even before that, we will run out of rainforest, kill out half this world's animal species, and then die off within a few years as i see it. I am still very young and want to see many things after i get my college degree and if the world is ruined, then I will be mad. So mad that you do not want to know how mad I will be. I can do a lot to help out soicety and I will not be able to if we are going to die off right after i start my profession.

How do you know?

Humans have adapted. Even if we kill off all the beautiful and amazing animals that are worthless to us, we will still support and raise trillions of chickens, cows, etc to support our ever-expanding civilization.

I don't think the human race could overrun the earth to the point of extinction. But it is possible that, one day, society as we know it will collapse from too much expansion. When that happens, much of the world population will die, and what little peace we have now will be replaced with anarchy.

But society would rise again from the ashes. That is the one thing that amazes me the most about the human race -- the ability to adapt, survive, then move on completely unhindered.
Arty
The Mayans might be good stargazers, but they couldn't predict the end of the world! Sure, if they saw something that would, say, collide with our solar system then yeah, that could justify the end of the world, but the starts are just dots in the sky to them.
hofodomo01
Does this mean I will miss the 2016 Olympics (very likely to be) in Chicago, the frozen meat-packing capital of the world? If so, we are in some serious shit.
amitniec
The wolrd is not coming to an end in 2012. Its just a superstition of people. Like this many future disasters have been told but none have occured.
amperx
i dont think it will end, alot of this has reported before but none of it came true otherwise XD
IsraelYsrayl
It's a BIG LIE....There is no evidence on this 2012 claim
guissmo
People also used to say that the world will end on the year 2000.
But hey, we're still here in the internets.
ShadowmasterX
lol now i see this posting =P

Well i think that it is POSSIBLE but i dont really think its gonna happen very soon,
I think we are gonna die more likely by nukes than by nature
bulek
There are a lot of interesting movies on Youtube, check them out
For example:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2012&search_type=&aq=f
or
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2012&search_type=&aq=-1&oq=20
cueball
Very Happy According to archeologists, the Myan calander comes to an abrupt end Dec 2012, But that doesn't mean the End Is Near... Many believe it will be a time of Transition. Our level of conciousnous or the vibration or resonance of our energy...will ascend or transition to align with a new phase or changes within our universe. We are all energy at the simplest level. Energy is never created nor destroyed, only exchanged. Exclamation
cueball
Question By the way, the Mayan calander is far more accurate than our own. Anyhow if the Mayan calander says 2012, You must remember that the calander we use today is off by at least a year if not more depending upon which revision you choose to go by. The calander in use today does not take into account for the first Year... Year 0. It begins counting from 1. Do some research, it's interesting.
deanhills
KHO wrote:
The world ending on December 21st, 2012 is a Mayan and Hopi Indian prediction made near 2600BC. The Mayans predicted that the Sun will move to a unique spot in the sky -- and hold still for a while. We now know that this day is a solstice day (which they also "predicted"), that means that the Sun will sit precisely on the heavenly crossroads between the Milky Way and the galactic equinox, forming a perfect alignment with the center of the galaxy. The Mayan's were famous for studying the stars, they plotted their year off it and had it down to a thousandth of a decimal place (the most accurate till modern technology) and were able to use stars and the night sky to calculate every single solar and lunar eclipse to this very day. Amazingly enough, they even predicted the very year that their civilization would be overrun by foreigners from over seas.

But actually, very little is really known about the Mayan's or their culture. When they were invaded by the Spanish, most of their society was burnt to the ground. The Mayan calendar seems to end at the date of December 21st, 2012. It begins at the beginning of their society which they believed to be the beginning of time, and they believed this date to be the very end of time. Due to their reputation as "prophets" that they acquired by predicting every solar and lunar eclipse and their own demise, their idea of the end of days took on some serious thought. However, the Mayan's had an incredibly complex method of keeping time, including several calendars measuring their own time periods and showing their own "end", so what makes this one so much more important?

The calendar that most people look at as predicting the end of time is the one called the "Long Count" calendar. The long count calendar divided time into five lumps of time, each one showing its own cycle. In the first cycle, a jaguar would appear on earth and devour everyone. In the second ended with air, in the third in fire, the fourth in flood, and the fifth dictates the time period we are in now which seems as though it will be ending in earthquakes.

But wait, almost every year, someone has something new to say about it. Why is that? Well its pretty simple, when the Spanish invaded, they BURNED almost everything. Things get hard to read after they have been burned. As a result archeologists are still studying their complex calendar and developing new theories about it and more over publishing new books about it.

Nearly every religion predicts an end of time, the Mayan's prediction is only getting more attention now because it has a well defined date that is so close to the current one.

Thanks KHO, this was a really informative and excellent posting. Learned a lot. I sometimes wonder about the preoccupation about endings, without taking beginnings in account as well, as every ending has a beginning in it of sorts. Like love and hate, good and bad. Perhaps this has to do with major change and things changing all the time, and we calling it the end of something as we know it, when it is also the beginning of something else?
yash
I cant believe this, the world is not ending on December 21st, 2012
stel4e
jsarnold wrote:

I can't stop laughing Laughing The thing with the smooth transition was the best of all!!!! Mr. Green
navjotjsingh
stel4e wrote:
jsarnold wrote:

I can't stop laughing Laughing The thing with the smooth transition was the best of all!!!! Mr. Green

You know what....this new world according to a news won't have internet on it. So the transition won't be so smooth then. Would you survive without internet in that new world?
karysky
Apparently, there's plenty of evidence of that, but personnally I don't believe it.

The likely thing to appear is the wars in MiddleOrient expanding and destroying the world as we know it, changing it.

But anyway, I don't believe we can predict such events. We can have vague prediction, but it's impossible to determine the exact moment of it happening.

And when people say that many disasters were predicted in the past, well, just think about how many people predicted things! Thousands. Statistically some of them are bound to be right.

And we only know about the ones who were fortunate enough to be "right".
nigam
no definitely i won't end by year 2012. Who would say so? that is all a supertitious beliefs...only God knows when he would like it to end or not.but no no no...God won't end what he started and after all he has done so many things and after all those happenings way back that time he made it.
MeddlingMonk
The concept that the world will end at some future date is not a new one. I agree with previous posts in this particular case - just because the Mayan calendar ends at 2012 does not mean that the world will end. It could be as simple as a 'reset' designed into their calendar system (given that so little of their culture and technology survives, though, we probably won't ever know how or why their calendar was constructed).

Also, the majority of scientific predictions for disasters, natural or otherwise, are not certainties. They are the most likely outcome given a set of probabilities. In short, there is no direct proof that the world will definitely end in 2012. 2012 hasn't happened yet; nor have the events of 2009, 2010 or 2011. There is no way to know with any certainty when the world (or the human race) will end.
Zach25
Well, if it does end, I think I won't regret anything I did. I really DOUBT that it will, however.

And if I'm wrong, and it DOES end... it's not my fault. =P
James_Hicks
Well, I'm as ready as I'll ever be for 2012. Got my guns, my ammo, my food stockade, and my family. If it does "end" though all those efforts will be fruitless. I just hope there is a "rebirth" instead of total devastation. I think we'll survive it. Now surviving the United States government and the FEMA camps, that's a different story.
Bluedoll
Sad

Maybe, someone saying that the world will end in 2012 is a big scare tactic? One thing is for sure, it does raise some attention, doesn’t it?

We should keep in mind that all earlier predictions and foretelling may be concerning something that we that live in the twenty-first century are not in tune with.

However, I will be so bold as to say, that one condition of mankind that has existed since the beginning of time, still does today. You can not have a safe, prosperous, stable world if men continue to be . . . Where is the love??????

It is true we do have our share of problems that could indeed end the planet as we know it however “the end” can always mean a new reboot as well.

. . . system bias restart says, “ok big operator now it is your turn to make the world better.”

Try doing just this, stop complaining and do something today that will make it better. Even if it is a small thing, it could help give rebirth to our new world.

Perhaps, it is that simple.

Smile
warriorpoets
The world will not end in 2012. I assure you, this planet we live on will still be turning come January 1, 2013.
Vaemz
Wasn't the world supposed to end in 1978 - 1984 - 1994 - 2000 etc.
No? Exactly my point...
snowynight
I can hardly believe it, becaause it was such a ridiculous prediction. Most people with ideas of this kind will certanly lose face.

Will, then, Jesus's second coming be possible? Then you may give him a chance to save you....

However i think i can live a normal life regularly till the end of my time, not the end of the world.
pashmina
come on just because some news channel decides to show you goofy show, just to increase the curiosity among we people doesn't mean it is true. if it was so, then world could have already ended back in 1990 when the same type of prediction was made. so the bottom line is this is completely false and you should not waste your precious time thinking about this trivial topic.
projektdeth
Yea, I remember when it was June 6th 2006 the world was supposed to end and everyone had a big fear about it.. so I just went out side for a walk that day waiting for the *boom* or whatever the end looks like, but.. nothing ever really happened.. as you can see Razz
chatrack
It is not easy for any one to tell when it will happen.

it can happen any time...or will not happen at all in our life span.
HamsterMan
Well, there will probably be a new american president in 2012. Who knows, perhaps the next one finally snaps and starts a nuclear war.
watersoul
Same here Feder, I cant count how many different dates have passed where people have said the world will end and it hasn't!
I don't worry about it at all, it even makes for an exciting date to look forward to and an ironic sigh of relief when it doesn't happen.
In all honesty, if there is any huge great scheme of things where a date and time are already set, then there's nothing anyone can do to stop it so it doesn't really matter.

The way we're treating the world though tells me there might be a date the human race is creating where our wasteful society may come to an end Confused
selammussie
this is just an aweful thought of some poeople
not some people let me say the "hopless people"
who really want the world to be ended
like the whole past times
but too bad for them it's not gonna happen!
Zombie
We are treating the earth poorly, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it decided to explode in 2012.
j_f_k
[quote="Ghost Rider103"]
MarzEz wrote:

Rising probability of flu, how could that bring the Earth to an end? Very few flu cases end in death.

The spanish flu of 1920 killed more people than WWI - so they are not to be trifled with - particularly as flu's and other diseases have a habit of mutating to beat antibiotics - this is why there was a lot of hype about SARS and avian flu - yes overly hyped but not 100% without reason.
SHARPBALL
dont belive it
how many times i have heard that.
The first time i heard something like that was in ithink 1989 it was one of jehova's witnes who told so.
the other time one of another organisation...
and see after already survived 40 world explosions im still alive

I musy be a "HEROE" with special forces
Smile
dalibor
I dont believe to it .It is untruth!!!Dont believe to it!!!!!!!!!!1
SupaChard89
If one were to look at it logically, the world won't and can't end in 2012. Sure, Mayan and Hopi Indian calendars predict SOMETHING to happen in December 2012, but that doesn't mean the end of the world. The Mayan calendar simply doesn't include days past the equivalent of December 21, 2012 (keep in mind that our calendar system was not used). The year also happens to coincide with a pattern of years that "bad things" happen. People think the Mayans predicted their own downfall correctly. If they did they, couldn't they have prevented it? And if they did predict it, why would they continue the calendar on so long after their end? We'll never know the full truth until someone actually speaks to one of the Mayans that wrote the calendar, but I think it's safe to say it's a combination of coincidences and their not thinking the calendar needed to be any longer at the time of its writing. How could it possibly just be the end of days? That's not simple. First of all, time can't be destroyed. Secondly, the world can't just fall apart for no reason (as the new movie seems to suggest). Thirdly, the Sun has billions of years of fuel left. And fourth, their isn't a comet headed our way. We can see that stuff now and the massive comet that IS headed our way isn't predicted to strike until 2036 (and that's if it strikes). It's simple research to find the information yourself. As long as you aren't ignorant and gullible and therefore easily swayed, you should be able to decipher everything on your own and come to your own conclusion. However, given the information, I would have to say it's physically impossible for time and the world to just end. Just keep in mind that everything we're basing this information off of it thousands of years old and no one who participated in the writing of them can explain to us what it actually means.
SupaChard89
[quote="j_f_k"]
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
MarzEz wrote:

The spanish flu of 1920 killed more people than WWI - so they are not to be trifled with - particularly as flu's and other diseases have a habit of mutating to beat antibiotics - this is why there was a lot of hype about SARS and avian flu - yes overly hyped but not 100% without reason.

People keep using examples of diseases in the distant past wreaking havoc. People need to keep in mind that these took place in the distant past. The plague did so much damage because of living conditions and a lack of science. I would also blame the epidemic of the Spanish Flu on its time. The flu vaccine wasn't discovered until 1944. If that epidemic occurred after 1944, I seriously doubt it would have had the effect it had.
SupaChard89
Not to start a whole new wave of angry, scared, and stupid posts and comments, but according to Earth's history (the planet itself, not any living creature's interpretation) we are due for another Ice Age. The Earth has had two I believe. "That can't happen, global warming is the current problem" says you? Well, both prior Ice Ages were preceded by global warming. So, if Earth continues on it's global weather cycle, an Ice Age should occur before the year 3500. That's right, there are still 1491 years, so it happening in 2012 is just another completely unlikely situation.
erlendhg
SpellcasterDX wrote:
I highly doubt the world will end in 2012. Why would it end on that random year? Just cause calendars stop at that year? That means nothing. I don't think there's enough evidence to prove that the Earth or whatever will end in '12.

Yes, isn't it just false rumors that tha Mayas had a prophecy about the world's end too?
I have actually heard a lot of people talking about that, but I though that it just was the calender that did not span further than to 2012.
SupaChard89
erlendhg wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:

Yes, isn't it just false rumors that tha Mayas had a prophecy about the world's end too?
I have actually heard a lot of people talking about that, but I though that it just was the calender that did not span further than to 2012.

Follow this link and every question asked in this forum will be answered. I know it's a .net and some people will contest its legitimacy, but it's all correct information.
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/2012-the-end-of-the-world/
Stolich
The idea of the world ending in 2012 is based on a misunderstanding of the Mayan calendar, so I find it quite ridicilous. Living near the coast though, I'm more concerned about the effects of the rise of the sealevel and how that will effect coastal cities around the world!

Btw the south park episode of this week concerning 2012 is absolutely hilarious!
Greatking
the world is not coming to an end. its a blatant lie from the devil. its been prophesied that no one knows the time nor date of the end of the world. its only God who knows and i dont see him telling anybody that. rest assured some of have a lot to acomplish before the end of the world. wait up!
guissmo
True or not, that date would surely be special to both believers and non-believers of this prophecy, since it has been discussed to death.

Basically, let's just treat it as a reminder to spend our days wisely since life is so fragile and it might end anytime. If ever it's true, what else would we have to do, the date is set anyway.
speeDemon
well, all i cna say is that if the world does end, I guess we all will have to stand in a que in front of the gates to heaven or hell.....!! God should start preparing ways to accomodate 6 billion people!

and well for a more serious approach, i'll just say, on 26 december 2012, take beer/pepsi, and chill out... I guess maybe something bad will happen, but the world wont end for sure....

and in case some event like an earthquake or tsunami takes place anywhere on the world, it will be all around the news for like a month or two.... they'll say that it is 'just the begenning'.. or something...
goutha
This is non-sense... We will talk again in 2013 Smile i
MechatheSlag
sounds like year 2000 all over again to me.

But who knows, it could happen :O
hamza1122
Yes i read about this before. A lot of people don't believe it because it's sudden but there's a small part of my brain that still says to me that it is possible.
deanhills
hamza1122 wrote:
Yes i read about this before. A lot of people don't believe it because it's sudden but there's a small part of my brain that still says to me that it is possible.
I agree, everything is possible, including the end of the world. But to put it into an exact timeframe does not make sense to me. We know too little about the Universe as a whole to make a prediction like this. If people can't even give clear predictions of earthquakes and other natural disasters, how can they give an exact timing of the end of the world?
pscompanies
rightclickscott wrote:
It was 2021, not 2012.

No, it's 2012..
Aredon
feder wrote:

Thanks
< BlahHx2 >

Mostly seems like a hoax to me. Everything I've read about 2012 and the theories behind it always seems a bit stretched. The movie in particular seemed very stretched. (but there's probably a good reason for that. I can understand exaggeration for entertainment value.)
Bielhelm
How often has been modified the timeline since the Mayas were there?
Three or four times? Even Jesus was born in year seven the "Bethlehems Star"
was first mentioned.

There is that comet eris for sure. But did anybody plot out the possibility
of that comet is really crashing on us or just passing by making some rumble?
What i believe is that the bible was right. There were People like "goliath"
We had another planet in the solar system 8000 years ago. Nephilim was the home
of dragons and something like "goliath". Maybe those people are the true founders
of the egypt and mayan as well?

So it can happen again - some planet is sometime somewhere in the future crashing
on us. But the end therefore is not near right now. We all will be ourselves the end for
our civilisation. Not a comet or another castastrophe.

I don´t think that the mayas were right. But what can happen for sure is
the fight about the ressources like the tumbledown of the mayan empire
1200 years ago in the jungle of mexico.
Aredon
Bielhelm wrote:
How often has been modified the timeline since the Mayas were there?
Three or four times? Even Jesus was born in year seven the "Bethlehems Star"
was first mentioned.

There is that comet eris for sure. But did anybody plot out the possibility
of that comet is really crashing on us or just passing by making some rumble?
What i believe is that the bible was right. There were People like "goliath"
We had another planet in the solar system 8000 years ago. Nephilim was the home
of dragons and something like "goliath". Maybe those people are the true founders
of the egypt and mayan as well?

So it can happen again - some planet is sometime somewhere in the future crashing
on us. But the end therefore is not near right now. We all will be ourselves the end for
our civilisation. Not a comet or another castastrophe.

I don´t think that the mayas were right. But what can happen for sure is
the fight about the ressources like the tumbledown of the mayan empire
1200 years ago in the jungle of mexico.
Where did you get all this from? Shocked It looks like you randomly put information together. For one thing Nephilim isn't a planet...
Quote:
Nephil means fallen one, (im at the end of any Hebrew word changes it to a plural, nephillim-fallen ones.) This does not mean giant, or monstrous in size but someone who possesses super human ability in strength and intelligence, not stature.
Source: http://www.letusreason.org/Doct11.htm (first hit on google... lol)

Also, what evidence is there of this "planet" 8000 years ago? (if you're going off the "great star falling from the sky" as mentioned in revelations, you have all your names wrong.)
Nick2008
I don't believe the world will end in 2012.

If we were to believe that the world would end on a certain day, then we could say the world has ended hundreds of times.

The world ended in 2000 due to a major technological collapse.

The world ended on 06/06/06 because some human decided it would.

The world ended on 07/07/07 because some human decided it would.

The world ended on 08/08/08 because some human decided it would.

The world will end on 12/21/12 because some human decided it would.

All the "end-of-the world" dates are based on number patterns, not on factual information.

Some prophets have been correct in the past, but for every prediction they get right, they get about 1,000 or so wrong.
ProwerBot
I disagree 100% on silly things such as these.

However, there is a lot more evidence to the world ending in 2012 than there is with other times the world was supposed to end.
Aredon
ProwerBot wrote:
I disagree 100% on silly things such as these.

However, there is a lot more evidence to the world ending in 2012 than there is with other times the world was supposed to end.
That's what happens when the media gets a solid foot in the belief.
sum12nv
the world can possibly end in 2012 as predicted by 7 signs:
1. The bees will disappear(predicted by Einstein)
2. The Mayan Calender ends in 2012 even though they have predicted all lunar and solar eclipses up to now ad only off by 33 seconds
3. Global warming is becoming worse
4. The planets of this universe will align as predicted in the Mayan calender this might cause some phenomenom to occur
5. There is a new mysterious planet "x" which some belive to be the planet of gods and it passes our planet in 2012.
6. there might be a black hole alignment which could lead to a horrible experience.
7. Christians believe that the "wrapture" will occur in this year.
i dont believe it however, i believe in 2013 iwill be watching the movie 2012 and laughing...
watersoul
I always sigh when another "end of the world" date is predicted by the usual crackpots with tin-foil hats to stop mind-control by ET's or whatever Very Happy

I haven't really given much importance to the 2012 thing, its really just another date dependant on whenever the calender makers started counting from.
It was the same with the yr 2000 fuss, which made me laugh at the time when you consider half of Asia started counting 500 years earlier in the BE (Budhist Era) calender, so their Y2K had already been and gone.

I'm more concerned with low level emergency situations in life that I can actually change and make a difference...not imaginary folklore super cosmic forces that have some pre-ordained plan for humanity's future - if it is true then why worry about stuff I can't actually do anything about?!
Vladalf
sum12nv wrote:
The bees will disappear

The irony would be so big, I'll die of hysteria before running out of plants, if that happens.
~Vlad
anasash
It's being said that world will end in 2012 not only because the Mayan calender ends in 2012, but also some scientists do stick with the opinion that great heavenly bodies are on it's way towards the earth and will collide with earth in about 2012. But obviously the question arises, "But cant we destroy the heavenly body with our nuclear powers???"...... . The scientists who arised the topic has an answer for this too. They say that the planet or asteroid or whatever, it is so huge,more than thrice the size of the earth, and could not be broken to bits with our mere nuclear power.....
But it's not that we should believe them cause more than 85% of the scientists don't believe with the theory and said no such heavenly body was observed by any scientist and there couldn't be any way that it's towards the earth.

I personally don't have the opinion that our earth would end in 2012..................
Bluedoll
I don't know for sure what is going to happen in the future. What I do think about is if there were an astroid too large or too fast to do much about, a very very large earth quake, volcano erruption, nuke pong or any other major distructive force that would change the planet forever there is little that frihosters posting "its a hoax', scientific minds, political circles or any group could do except to utter, "oh ___________ ."

Now that I am alive may I please say "peace on earth."

Very Happy
augustocmv
The world isn't going to end in the 2012 , it's just a Rock , people , get scary of all in the movies.
allisa
Its a worst question i thinks that you have ask here. How can it possible, this issue is come up by a calendar of Nebru peoples. I don't thinks so that it will happen.
ankitdatashn
I dont know whether this topic seems concered with the movie 2012 or the real probability of an asteroid hitting the earth.(By the way I have yet not seen about the movie so cannot say anything about it either.) So I take the latter case.

In my view scientists have predicted a probability of the asteroid hitting the earth in 2012 but what I came across is that the probability of such a situation arising is one in a million something. So if we take that as a threat then I guess the world getting over by any nuclear tragedy has a bigger thread comparing the probability of that being happen. And why 2012?, that nuclear incident can happen now itself, as I type, nobody can gurantee what will happen at next instance. Or say a big rock is coming towards earth at the speed of light and because it is coming at the speed of light so no scientist in this world be able to know it before we all perish into the earth.

So the crux of the matter is that it cannot be said if its 2012 or 3211, the question is about when it will happen. It will happen sometime or the other its guaranteed but we cannot say about time!
goutha
The movie was not so bad.

Now is the Davinci Code reality? Nope. This is the same for 2012 end of the world... Smile
paskifire
the movie is good, but i think that the end of the world ain't gonna happen at 2012, but we must be ready
lanalhueairsoft
estas viendo mucha tv ...pero lo mas probable es que algun dia se acabe
saratdear
Speaking of the end of the world, what do the Mayans actually predict? End of the world, or end of the universe as a whole? Or just end of all humanity?
fladry
I don't believe in this thing. There were many rumors previously also. Anyway, even if the world end in 2012, all the people will die not only me.
aal_irq
its sure he WILL END but no one know when ??? but its seem near!
goutha
aal_irq wrote:
its sure he WILL END but no one know when ??? but its seem near!

No one have evidence of that, then not sure that it's near... also not sure that it's far!
tzabaot
THREE reasons why the end of the world cannot happen this year or during the next 10 years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUCC48Ws4yg

The end of the world totally depends on a new culture raising in the last days; THE MERRYMAKERS
ankitdatashn
When the talk about end n 2011 already fizzled out I guess this one will also die out!, it's just a matter of touch and go!

Here near to my house there were some big posters about the world going to end up in 2011, but they were torn away by some people(some people just want publicity no matter how cheap : By the way I am talking about the people who tore those posters and not the advertisers). I wonder if anything like this will happen in 2012 also.

Those predicting things like these have no better job to do I suppose Very Happy
mukesh
don't care i accepting both condition.
Ankhanu
Dunno about you guys, but I'm going to continue making plans and working towards the future Razz
Bluedoll
fladry wrote:
I don't believe in this thing. There were many rumors previously also. Anyway, even if the world end in 2012, all the people will die not only me.
Someone, tell my creditors that the world did end so they will leave me alone.

Laughing
Ankhanu
Bluedoll wrote:
Someone, tell my creditors that the world did end so they will leave me alone.

Laughing

That'd be nice, wouldn't it?? hehe
truespeed
Is there a specific date in 2012 that this is going to happen,we have already had two that i am aware of end of the world dates this year,at least they were specifc to a date.

I fear this will be in the media and taking up threads on every forum for the full 12 months,every conspiracy theorist will take every big international news event be it a war,an act of nature to be a "sign"
loremar
I don't believe in such crap. All I know is this world would still exist for a while and would stay for a very very long time. If the end ever comes, there's nothing that we can do but pray but as long as the world still exists all that we ever have to think is our life. We should live life in the fullest and not live on fear.
This people who prophesy just want to get attention, probably nobody give any attention to them since they were kids.
Ankhanu
truespeed wrote:
... every conspiracy theorist will take every big international news event be it a war,an act of nature to be a "sign"

And when the world keeps going in its normal course, oh ho!! We've calculated the calendar wrong! It's actually going to be XXXX! Death, boom bah!
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Is there a specific date in 2012 that this is going to happen,we have already had two that i am aware of end of the world dates this year,at least they were specifc to a date.
As far as I know it is winter solstice day (in the Northern Hemisphere) - 21 December.

Here is a link to one of the many Websites that contain this date:
http://www.december2012endofworld.com/
mahirh
ok , if that calendar finishes , let it start over again
spinout
hm, I wonder how? anyhow we are stuck with shit until 21 december 2012...

the world ends, the end of war, the end of famine, the end of sorrow... I can't wait!!!! Laughing

until then, let us do more shit! If it is going to end - let us make this world worth ending! Cool
deanhills
spinout wrote:
until then, let us do more shit! If it is going to end - let us make this world worth ending! Cool
What course of action do you recommend? Twisted Evil
Helios
deanhills wrote:
spinout wrote:

I recommend dedicating our lives to science and the mission of saving the human race from a possibly certain doom!!!
deanhills
Helios wrote:
deanhills wrote:
spinout wrote:

I recommend dedicating our lives to science and the mission of saving the human race from a possibly certain doom!!!
Hmm .... I think Spinout had a different idea in mind, in the opposite direction of this one. Twisted Evil
sudipbanerjee
is this the effect of the movie of 2012?
deanhills
sudipbanerjee wrote:
is this the effect of the movie of 2012?
I think it is the other way round. Very Happy
pirate
it is like people have already said, the 2012 thing all cam about because a number of extinct civilisations had calenders which all ended on the date 2012, but that could just be coincidence and could be because they couldnt be bothered to keep going to 1million years etc. So who knows it might end in 2012 but might not.

i like to look at it like this.

The world is supposed to end in 2012, and we have had earthquakes, tsunamis, volcano's hurricanes, tornadoes, governments falling etc just a matter of time, 2012 here i come.
MikeAllen
I really do not believe that the wprod will end In 2012 I mean how many times have People said it would end this year already? So I really think (and hope!) that the world will not end next year believe what you will but I know that I wouldn't want to know the exact day I am going to die... They even made a film on this... 2012 it's a good movie should check it out Razz
deanhills
MikeAllen wrote:
I really do not believe that the wprod will end In 2012 I mean how many times have People said it would end this year already? So I really think (and hope!) that the world will not end next year believe what you will but I know that I wouldn't want to know the exact day I am going to die... They even made a film on this... 2012 it's a good movie should check it out Razz
Maybe all of that is just a warming up exercise? Twisted Evil
jmlworld
We're humans and we can only tell about the past and the present. I believe that everything in this world has an end, but I'm not sure whether it's the next 10 minutes or the next year.

What will they say if we find our selves and the world alive and kicking in 2013
Confused
deanhills
jmlworld wrote:
What will they say if we find our selves and the world alive and kicking in 2013
Confused
That 13 is an unlucky number?
Twisted Evil
Aredon
jmlworld wrote:

Confused
That the apocalypse is just postponed until October?
Radar
It's going to be weird living in the year that's entirely known for the world ending. Just saying. Surreal experience, and potentially hard to shake the association?
pubcresvale
they only care about money not their lives until they realize when end.
jmlworld
Radar wrote:
It's going to be weird living in the year that's entirely known for the world ending. Just saying. Surreal experience, and potentially hard to shake the association?

Known by who? The whole thing is the result of bad jokes, myths and hoax. Whoever came up with the idea that the world is about to wave goodbye in 2012 was mischievous person.

pubcresvale wrote:
they only care about money not their lives until they realize when end.

They don't know when the end will come. However, they only know how to make money, that's why we all care about it. Get money or die trying Smile
spinout
my direction was down the dustbin!

We must wait another year before the happy ending!
AGFil
The Mayans don't view 2012 in a negative light. This whole end times prophecy has largely been twisted to sell books and movies.
ProfessorY91
I think this is a big deal being made out of a Mayan calendar running out of space. Some scribe from from ancient times is chuckling in his grave about the coincidence that the world is rumored to end when his hand got tired of writing.
deanhills
ProfessorY91 wrote:
I think this is a big deal being made out of a Mayan calendar running out of space. Some scribe from from ancient times is chuckling in his grave about the coincidence that the world is rumored to end when his hand got tired of writing.
At least there is the Mayan Calendar, but the "end of the world" predictions of 21 May and 21 June of this year was really crazy! I can just imagine us getting monthly ones from this December on a count down basis.
Twisted Evil
Bikerman
ProfessorY91 wrote:

It is no different to the western calendar in principle. it is as if someone realised that the calendar would 'stop' on December 31st and used that to predict the end of the world, unaware that we simply cycle back to January 1st.
ProfessorY91
I believe you, I definitely believe you. I haven't quite bothered to look up the exact details behind the Mayan calendar, but I find it just as unlikely and humorous as the rapture. Wink
AmyErsatz
I actually made a funny info-graphic on this very subject. Check this out:

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/bs-armageddon-predictions

If the world does end, there's nothing anybody can do to stop it. Not even the Governator.

If it's gonna happen, let it happen. Queen was right: Nothing really matters.
spinout
somehow this shit will not go under next year... to good to be true otherwise!!! heheh!
cinco5
There is no way we can talk about the end of matter without taking a critical look at the beginning. The bible stated categorically in Genesis 1:1 that "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth". There was no prediction before the creation of the earth and in like manner there is no prediction of the exact time the earth will end. {Mark 13:32 "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father"}.

My advise is to leave a worthy life till the trumpet sound.
mahirh
what MAY happen (god knows best) - its 21st december 2012 , the world ends. . . . . . . . . . . . ..
but starts again just like it was before! this way, no one is wrong but only god knows what will happen for sure
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
what MAY happen (god knows best) - its 21st december 2012 , the world ends. . . . . . . . . . . . ..
but starts again just like it was before! this way, no one is wrong but only god knows what will happen for sure
That sounds almost like hitting the reset button. Very Happy
bacati55
Hello

I don't like the movie because what has been shown in that was not realistic-it was just an imagination that something like this could happen in 2012 if this is TRUE.
But i really want it to happen as i need a break from all the worries and tension, life has become a hell.

Thanks
A2zchild
srjrol
The world will not end in 2012 just as it did not end in 2000.
Zuex
I bet you all your coins and Frih$ that I will be living and able to post after the date in which the Mayans calender ends.
Insanity
It's all overblown just like the other guy who said something about the world ending in 2011.
adamchen
Oh well, i never believe in there. No one knows when is the end of the world. Smile
deanhills
Can't believe this thread is already 8 pages long. Sounds almost like a count-down to Nothing at All.
Twisted Evil
mahirh
for paranoids, the world ends everyday
ratanegra
The year 1000, people thought the world would come to an end... may the 21st of 2011, as well as many others before have been fake; why would this date without solid basis be the "true" one? I believe this is just the innate desire of people to end all their suffering without ending their lives nor admitting to themselves that this is what they wish. I just thought of this today, so it's not really well thought-about (I mean the last part).
deanhills
ratanegra wrote:
The year 1000, people thought the world would come to an end... may the 21st of 2011, as well as many others before have been fake; why would this date without solid basis be the "true" one? I believe this is just the innate desire of people to end all their suffering without ending their lives nor admitting to themselves that this is what they wish. I just thought of this today, so it's not really well thought-about (I mean the last part).
I always like it when people take a big picture snapshot like this one. Well said! Sort of puts things exactly into perspective. Nothing like history to sort out some of the truth - most of the time.
Very Happy
mukesh
I think in our whole life earth never be end but in new generation cab be believe.
speeDemon
We shall be exterminated by the gods lol Very Happy
Zuex
The world won't end in 2012.
Dementei
Zuex wrote:
The world won't end in 2012.

It could if we wanted it to Twisted Evil
morgs1070
Take a look at this book. I am not yet finished reading it, but it is very interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Survive-2012-Tactics-Survival/dp/1931882681
dAXARN
THIS YEAR! Rolling Eyes
spinout
i don't mind if the world ends,,, hm, still I thinkit should go fast... humanity is in me for sure hehe

But the closer we come to the end it feels like it not is going to end.

Coming this december, the ever lasting releave!!
deanhills
spinout wrote:
i don't mind if the world ends,,, hm, still I thinkit should go fast... humanity is in me for sure hehe

But the closer we come to the end it feels like it not is going to end.

Coming this december, the ever lasting releave!!
Right, I think Ocalhoun mentioned something as a comment in one of these many threads that this could be the beginning of something much greater.
ujjwalshrestha
It's 2012 now. Anytime from now to 31st Dec.
speeDemon
I have a philosophy,
When a civilization reaches it's complete potential(as in, development wise) or it starts threatening the planet itself, a balance must be restored...

so, a lot of humans will have to die... maybe not all, but enough to stop the threats to Earth.
Less population means less needs, less pollution... We ourselves do know about the issues, but are unable to handle the situation on our own... We can only try to reduce the rate... but even if we do so, it can't possibly have a reverse effect. When too much water is collected, The Dam overflows or breaks, you can't always keep it 'under-control'.

It all has to be 'refreshed' before we render our planet unsuitable to sustain life! After all, it takes quite magnificent and precise conditions... how can you let one species end all of that?
Chellesei
Well, NO. I don't believe in that 'world ending on 2012'. No one can predict the end of the world. And... there are times that weather forecasts are wrong. So how come they can be sure about the entire world's end when they can't even predict the weather for the next day?
truespeed
evilryu530
live life to the fullest every day. make them all count. you just never know! enjoy frihost guys.
Cosmoslayer
Yes, the Earth is slowly dying and we are the ones killing it! Too bad!
deanhills
speeDemon
deanhills wrote:

Is that supposed to be the moon?
deanhills
speeDemon wrote:
deanhills wrote:

No, the earth. The blue parts are the oceans and the green parts are the continents. The yellow guy is the doctor diagnosing the "what's wrong" symptoms of earth as due to the earth being inhabited by humans. Twisted Evil
jilbs
speeDemon wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Hahaha. i love the humor. Very Happy i thought the yellow one is the sun.
GuidanceReader
truespeed wrote:

Technically that is incorrect. The Mayan Calendar is very accurate. The Mayans didn't need to account for a leap year, as they figured out a calculation to account for the extra time without introducing a leap year.

http://www.mayacalendar.org/mayan-calendar-accuracy.htm

That being said, I don't believe the end of this year will be the end of the Earth.
Stupid_American
Ok. I read like the first 3 posts, then skipped ahead, so maybe this was already covered.

There is a reason that 2012 is very important.
Ancient peoples, the world over, used the stars for various purposes. Guidance on the sea, crops, tracking herd animals, making sure their wives weren't cheating ******, etc. The ancients were brilliant when it came to stargazing. The Maya more so than many, because of their insane mathematical abilities. Though they were not the only ones to figure it out.

What I'm talking about is the precession of the equinoxes. I won't pretend to be a scholar on the subject, and I'm about 8 beers deep, so a Google search is even out of the question, but I will try to sum up the importance of this year. As we rotate around the sun, the astrological symbols(Leo, Taurus, Gemini, etc) actually rotate backwards to our rotation. This is important, because when a full cycle of this happens, we are in line with what I think is called the 'eliptical'. ******... It's been too long since I read about this stuff... anyway, the Earth has a direct line of sight with the center of the Milky Way Galaxy, is what happens. It takes something like 26,000 years for this to come about, so for any civilization that has made it their business to track the stars, this is a HUGE deal. It becomes a religious ceremony, and for some scammers, it becomes a good way to ****** with the masses with doomsday bullshit.

Is it the end of the world? No. Nobody ever said it was. The Mayans never said we will all die, that whacknut and his I-Ching theory are doing the same crap Sylvia Brown does. To my knowledge, there was never an ancient prophecy that predicted world-wide annihilation for the year 2012. As far as the Mayan calendar supposedly "ending" this year, well, theories abound... Did anyone ever think that maybe they just thought that such a monumental point was a good place to stop printing future calendars? I mean, even Hallmark has ****** limitations...
kenxeiko
Well, i don't know.
Some info from outer.
World will end when nobody know about it.
I mean, when there is nobody on the world that think the world would be end at that day, then the world could be ended.
Because God said, nobody know when world will be end.
speeDemon
deanhills wrote:
speeDemon wrote:
deanhills wrote:

No, the earth. The blue parts are the oceans and the green parts are the continents. The yellow guy is the doctor diagnosing the "what's wrong" symptoms of earth as due to the earth being inhabited by humans. Twisted Evil

I knew that that was Earth.. duh!
The yellow one should be the moon... considering the circles to be craters or so!
deanhills
speeDemon wrote:
I knew that that was Earth.. duh!
The yellow one should be the moon... considering the circles to be craters or so!
OK, maybe both of us are right. The moon was consulted in its capacity as a doctor. Check the stethoscope around its "neck" Twisted Evil
Nony85
Well, glade to be reading this in 2014 loool