FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PS2 Emulator Question/s

Triffid
PS2 Emulators.

Don't know much about them but would like to have one so i can play Meal Gear 3 on my laptop.
If i get an Emulator online from somewhere does that mean i can play the actual PS2 game discs on my laptop or do i need to get the ISOs from somewhere?

any help appreciated.
PaiinKiilla
I have wondered about PS2 emulators for some time when I discovered all the older system’s emulators and ROMS. I am not aware of a PS2 emulator anywhere, though I have not searched in about 2 years, so who knows? You would most likely require the ISO/image of the disc or game you want to play, which can easily be obtained from a program like DVD Decrypter, but you would first require the emulator itself. If you by chance find one, I would love a link or something to it because playing any game on a computer is amazing, especially when it is not for the computer, rather, another system. The only thing I could see that would be bad would be that it would most likely lag and create errors like crazy. Even when playing on an old NES emulator, with 1gb of RAM and two 7300’s, it likes to lag at times and become a pain in the butt, but it would, and is, still worth it.
Triffid
http://www.pcsx2.net/

Dunno if this is the best one but here ya go.
What program do you need to get an ISO image from a DVD?
mattyj
Triffid wrote:
http://www.pcsx2.net/

Dunno if this is the best one but here ya go.
What program do you need to get an ISO image from a DVD?

Nero or any other burning software can create a ISO im pretty sure
coreymanshack
Very nice find, now i have to go look for my old ps2 games.
mattchun
Triffid wrote:
PS2 Emulators.

Don't know much about them but would like to have one so i can play Meal Gear 3 on my laptop.
If i get an Emulator online from somewhere does that mean i can play the actual PS2 game discs on my laptop or do i need to get the ISOs from somewhere?

any help appreciated.

I doubt is there any ps2 emulator available?
I think it's impossible considering the graphic cpu difference.