FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trouble getting a driver

KHO
So I re formated a computer, I ran Everest on it to check the Motherboard and Soud card type to try and get the audio driver.

Under Multimedia I had 'realtek ALC655 @ VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller' as the sound driver. Generic AC'97 but 6channel. But none of the codecs worked.

Then I looked at the motherboard which is a 'ecs pm800-m2' I couldn't find too many drivers for that.
djclue917
Don't you have the CDs which came with the computer when you bought it? By the way, did you really mean 'codecs' or did you mean 'drivers'?
KHO
I do not have the CD's and at this point it could be a BIOS Codec OR it could be a windows driver. The AC'97 has a CODEC that I tried which didn't work, but it also has a ALC655 DRIVER that didnt work either (both from Realtek). So unless someone knows a fancy way of finding out what I need, then im at a wall. Been going through google installing anything that seems like it will fit for awhile.
RiCtee
Windows should have been smart enough to load appropriate drivers for it. Anyway what is the motherboard manufacturer? Most likely you'll be able to find a drivers on their website.
bloodrider
You can install Driver Genius, this software will analyse your PC and get all the drivers you need.
More easier you won't find Wink
ezekiel_rage
KHO wrote:
So I re formated a computer, I ran Everest on it to check the Motherboard and Soud card type to try and get the audio driver.

Under Multimedia I had 'realtek ALC655 @ VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller' as the sound driver. Generic AC'97 but 6channel. But none of the codecs worked.

Then I looked at the motherboard which is a 'ecs pm800-m2' I couldn't find too many drivers for that.

Have you tried using Google?
This took me less than a minute to come up with this page.

ECS Driver Page

As for codecs. Codecs are very different from drivers.

You might want to STFW for the difference.

Sorry i'm in geek mode today.

Cheers
mrcblake
KHO wrote:

My friend I have found your drivers for you. Go to this website: http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?CategoryID=1&Typeid=1&detailid=453&DetailName=Driver&DetailDesc=PM800-M2(V1.0)&MenuID=39&LanID=9

Cool
doppleganger
thank you guys for all the trouble u guys took