FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How NOT to violate the TOS C)13 & C)15?

atilao
I'm about to build a website (similar to torrentscan.com) that displays a list of torrent search engines. It is related to torrents, so does it violate the TOS?
Quote:
13. Content related to hacking, torrents, peer to peer, cracking, serial numbers, violence and terroristic activities.

If I want this site to show how many results can one find on a particular search engine (it needs to get the number of results from another website, that can only be done on the server-side), how do I make it so I don't violate the TOS?
Quote:
15. Websites providing proxy services to its users or any other automatic retrieval of webpages or files including (search engine) crawlers/bots.

I don't plan to use high traffic on my website, just testing some stuff. Can anyone clear it up to me, what exactly can I do, and what can I not?
Thank you for your support.
Bockman
The only way not to violate the ToS rules is NOT to build that website on our servers.

Sorry, but since 99% of the torrents that exist are illegal copies of comercial software, ANY torrent related stuff is illegal.

Be Well Cool
atilao
Ok, I understand. Admins, feel free to cancel my account request.
Thanks anyway.

PS: We're not allowed ANY torrent related stuff? (eg. blogging about torrents seems harmless...) I like to help developing these kinds of tools, like I do the amd64 packaging at qbittorrent.org - but if I don't provide direct link to torrent files or dpwnloaders, it seems really harmless...
infoplanete
Many linux distribs can be downloaded on bittorrent ... and yet it's not illegal ... The same applys for LaTeX and many other (free) softwares, because the authors can't handle the bandwidth usage.
atilao
Thanks.
rvec
on frihost it isn't allowed even if you use if for linux distributions of your home made pictures. Anything related to torrents is against our rules. But if you want to use torrents for something legal and not use the server as a tracker or client you could try to ask permission. On illegal stuff you won't get permission, not even if you only link to torrent files.
atilao
Well, I was thinking about it, I better don't host anything torrent-related (i was thinking about some kind of a Firefox extension). Thanks for the replies guys Smile