FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mmorpg for PS3

Sparda
I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about any mmorpg coming out for the PS3. Also, if there is already a mmorpg for the PS3 already out. I read a few topics on other sites and it seems like there is one in development, but information about it hasn't been released to the public. So if you know about something like this, let me know.

~Sparda
applejunk
um...the only one that i know about that has been released for the ps3 so far is elder scrolls: oblivion

there's a ton that are going to be released soon though, final fantasy 13, final fantasy versus 13, and star ocean just to name a few. i think since the ps3 is still "relatively" new, there hasn't been a lot of rpgs out on the market yet because those take more time and are more extensive than your average action game. i'm sure they'll come out with some great games soon though =)
Sparda
applejunk wrote:
um...the only one that i know about that has been released for the ps3 so far is elder scrolls: oblivion

there's a ton that are going to be released soon though, final fantasy 13, final fantasy versus 13, and star ocean just to name a few. i think since the ps3 is still "relatively" new, there hasn't been a lot of rpgs out on the market yet because those take more time and are more extensive than your average action game. i'm sure they'll come out with some great games soon though =)

I see you said oblivion was out, but I was talking about mmorpgs, not normal rpgs. I'm looking for a game that doesn't end. I'm not really looking for a regular rpg that I will play and finish in hours. For those Final Fantasy's and Star Ocean, I don't know if you named a rpg or mmorpg.
kicy
Only thing I can think of is like PSO, but thats for ps2. I don't know anything that is going to come out but I bet there will be one soon.
applejunk
oh! sorry, i didn't notice that you had typed mmorpg =X all the games i listed were rpgs ^^;;

but in that case...the only thing i've heard of for the ps3 is final fantasy xi...it's not released yet, but square enix said they're working on it for the ps3 and vista.
Sparda
applejunk wrote:
oh! sorry, i didn't notice that you had typed mmorpg =X all the games i listed were rpgs ^^;;

but in that case...the only thing i've heard of for the ps3 is final fantasy xi...it's not released yet, but square enix said they're working on it for the ps3 and vista.

Thanks applejunk, I'll be looking forward to Final Fantasy XI. I wonder if the battle system will be turn based like on most of the other Final Fantasys'.
Pikokola
Sparda wrote:
applejunk wrote:

Thanks applejunk, I'll be looking forward to Final Fantasy XI. I wonder if the battle system will be turn based like on most of the other Final Fantasys'.

Actually FF XI already released on PC - PS2 and X360 (even tough only US and JP, the EU is TBA) Search the info on gamefaqs.