FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What to see and do in Cornwall

noirtier
Hi there everyone, I'd be interested in any advice you have for things to see and do in Cornwall, including places to stay, eat, drink and visit.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
noirtier
So, no-one have any advice about Cornwall - where to stay in particular? Laughing
WhistleTurning
Hi N

Where to stay is really dependant on just what you want to do. If you just want to chill and surf then of course the Beaches on the North coast are your destination, with Fistral beach in Newquay your surf mecca. However there are lots of industrial archeological sites to visit mainly round mining, with a multitude of mine sites to visit with perhaps the best two being the Poldark mine ( now turned into quite a theme park)and the Geover mine (the last working copper mine in Cornwall). Geover gives you a good feeling for the whole process of copper mining. Then there is the China Clay workings round ST Austell, with a working museum showing the whole process from washing out the Kaolin to then extracting it from the settling beds, drying and processing it. Also in this area of course, in an old mining pit, is the celebrated Eden Project, with its various biodomes for each kinds of major flora of the world. Scenery is also a reason to visit the county with the moorland as well as coastal walks and views which lead you to quaint villages and fishing ports. Themes parks are also present, as well as the Royal Navy fleet air arm centre at Coldrose.

If you have never been to the County of Cornwall then you have much to see for many visits wether for a week or two for yeers to come