FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iphone release date in australia?

bjwok
anyone have any idea of the expected release date in australia? my siemens A50 is due to be upgraded!! lol
bigdan
No idea. Apparently they're still negotiating with local telcos about who's going to be carrying the phone.

If you really, really, want this overhyped piece of crap, you can always import a cracked phone for a couple of hundred bucks. Try eBay.
bjwok
i see you are not overly keen on it!

funny how many people own a ipod these days, but snubbed it on release...
bigdan
bjwok wrote:
i see you are not overly keen on it!

funny how many people own a ipod these days, but snubbed it on release...

You're exactly right. There's a few reasons for this...

1 - The hype. Sick to death of it. Basically stopped listening to TWIT and other tech podcasts as a result - and I haven't come back yet.
2 - The drives are too small for my liking at the moment. Mr Jobs can call me when they reach at least 80GB, then I'll listen.
3 - I don't want my communications devices and my entertainment devices mixed into the one. I get by just fine at the moment with my 30GB Video iPod (next upgrade will be to a 80GB iPod Classic), Motorola V3, and $2 diary with freebie pen.
4 - When and if a telco decides to offer the iPhone, I can guarantee you, you'll be charged an arm, a leg and possible your left nut just for the privilege.

I've got no problems with people spending their own money and bringing it into the country themselves, just don't expect me to.

You maybe right on why people snubbed the iPod when it first came out, but that could be why they've continued to improve on the product. It's like that with a lot of products.
bjwok
some good points there champ, here's my thoughts:

1. i think the hype is justified - apple are marketing gurus and they have a flagship product they want to promote.

2. i'm in agreeance at the hdd size, 8gb at the moment is woeful and i will hold off until at least 20gb

3. a multifunction device is EXACTLY what i want, the convienance of everything in one neat package is perfect!

4. i've used pre pay virgin for 7 years, time to go contract for me anyway. (and i will use it as a work phone so it's a tax right-off)

traditionally apple products are better if you wait for the next generation after release, i don't mind waiting...