FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Simple C++ project

warallthetm
I will pay all my frih$ and a 30 day rapidshare.com account for this simple coding project.

I need a C++ application coded, that connects to my remote mysql database every 15 seconds and checks if the a field in a table equals yes or no.

If it equals yes, open up internet explorer go a site i specify, If it equals no keep looping.

I need the Application to be running in the background, and no install required.

I need the project ASAP, I will compile it, but I need all the files
JayBee
It should be easier to do it another way:

- If you have some remote MySql server, there should also be a webserver and some scriptting language (for example PHP+Apache+MySql). Then you should write short script, which displays page with text 1 or with text 0.
- Next step is to write some application, which try to connect to remote web server (it is much easier, than connecting to MySql, because you don't need any other external library)
- In addition to this, you can use Internet Explorer (as ComObject) to accomplished this and you will go throw firewall without notice.
warallthetm
I went and coded it in vb.net, and i did exactly what you said, with the 1 and 2 go codes. I skipped the mysql factor and went flat file. Thanks for the advice though. Mods please lock this