FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Removing a broken 3.5mm headphone plug from a headphone jack

Jaan
How would I go about doing this on a laptop??? I'm afraid to dismantle my costly dell!
badai
i happened to me once. sent it to an electrical shop, they used a very small driller tu drill it out. it cost ~USD$3
ashok
use a surgical clamp or forceps [with very fine ends, and with firm grip] to grab the jack and pull it out....
Jaan
what would you think of dismantling it?
ftv_flung
Something similar happened on my laptop. The 3.5mm headphone input became separated from the insides of the laptop. I was told it could cost up to 100 to fix... I just bought an external sound card for around 20 and I already had some speakers, and it's works great!
[FuN]goku
Hah, i always thought about this, but never really wondered what i would do if it would happen to me.
I'd probably just take it to my dad, as he does alot of computer work .. well he's more hardware oriented than me.. Razz uhmm.. yeah maybe take it in to a Computer Shop nearby? i dont really know what to tell ya mate : /
Jaan
i have an external soundcard, but its *** annoying to turn the bloddy thing on eveyr time i wanna game.