FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

zpanel on fedora

mike_phi
Hi there, need some tips and info from any of yee using The zpanel on fedora, my question is with in relation to registering new users and logging in as a previously registered user and being able to use the "Zpanels file manager".

basically I have Zpanel installed and running fine : ) however when it comes to using the file manager with a new user that have been registered from within zpanel, then these users dont have access priviledges, the cause of this is due to the fact that a user that has been registered from within the the zpanel is not a linux registerd user and inorder to use the file manager from within the zpanel the user would have to be a registered linux user and be lgged in, so there is two problems I would need to overcome.

a) when a new user is registered in Zpanel a new Linux user would have to be automatically created in linux.

b) when ever a new linux user logs into Zpanel then this user would also have to be logged in linux

(a) and (b) would allow this user write priviledges for both registetration and logging in and allow the users to use the "Zpanel panels file manager"

or maybe there is a totally different appraoch to tackling this problem if so please let me know

basically I would like a fix/configuration or utility scrip which I could integrate with the zpanel inorder to allow my users to acces the file system fromwithin the zpanel.

cheers