FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cracked feet

Chucky
I am having a cracked feet. i think it is due to the harsh weather here. All thesame, I need your help. What do you suggest i use?
redchic
check a beauty shop that does pedicures they would be best able to advise you. the most i can tell you is cream your feet everyday
benjmd
Just start using a moisturizing lotion on your feet. You can find simple stuff over the counter without fragrances. Sometimes if the cracking of the skin is bad enough, it will burn the first several times you use the lotion, but eventually your skin will heal and the moisturizer will be more pleasant.

Key times for moisturizing are after exposure to baths or showers or after you get your shoes and socks off at the end of the day. Let your skin completely dry (towel, air dry, etc) then apply the lotion. Use enough to make the skin feel somewhat smooth again. Just keep at it and your skin will improve over time.
flowerpower
benjmd wrote:
Just start using a moisturizing lotion on your feet. You can find simple stuff over the counter without fragrances. Sometimes if the cracking of the skin is bad enough, it will burn the first several times you use the lotion, but eventually your skin will heal and the moisturizer will be more pleasant.

I once had cracked feet for some time due to the weather, but then I use moisturizing lotion and it's ok. Moisturised and no more cracks Wink
furtasacra
My feet get dry in winter. What I do is soak in a nice hot tub before bed (which feels wonderful anyway), scrub my feet all over with my nail brush, then when I get out of the tub, I glob petroleum jelly on my feet and put on thick cotton socks.

Sounds pretty sexy, huh?

Trust me, Vaseline and socks are a lot less repulsive in bed than cold, rough, dry, scaly feet like a big lizard.
Chris24
No no no, just use a drying powder for your feet while you have shoes on. I had the same problem, went to the foot doctor and he gave me this powder and it worked great. All cracking was gone within 2 weeks. And you continue to use the powder to prevent it from coming back. The cracking comes from your feet sweating in the shoes or boots. try it you won't be disappointed.
furtasacra
Chris24 wrote:
No no no, just use a drying powder for your feet while you have shoes on. I had the same problem, went to the foot doctor and he gave me this powder and it worked great. All cracking was gone within 2 weeks. And you continue to use the powder to prevent it from coming back. The cracking comes from your feet sweating in the shoes or boots. try it you won't be disappointed.

Yikes. Let's clarify.

If your feet are just dry from the weather, glop on moisturizer. Feet don't have a lot of oil glands, and like your hands, are prone to get dry, only you walk on them all day. Be kind to your feet.

HOWEVER: If you have or even vaguely suspect the possibility of a fungal infection (offensively stinky or crusty-looking feet, thick or discolored toenails) go to a foot doctor and do what they tell you to do.
PANTONEPIRATE
I like to crack my feet with some bicarb and a slow boil.
after my feet have been cracked I like to smoke them in a glass pipe ;P
Twisted Evil

see a doctor.