FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Kiteboarding/Surfing

ajdesign
Does anybody do kite surfing here?

What advice can you offer to some one who is interested in taking up the sport?

thanks
jwellsy
It certainly looks like fun.
I bet when you fall,
the slams are harder than snowboarding.
jerredk
It's fun but like jwellsy said it's very hard when you fall. But if you train you can get better... ( In much sport you fall the first time's but later you're the best. Wink )
Georgeboy
It seems to be a very interesting sport, but I think that it is not that easy to learn it. I sometimes have seen people trying to kite surf, unfortunately they could not stay long on their board.

Is there a minimum wind speed to be comfortable to surf?
PatTheGreat42
Man I want to take up kite boarding. It's all the fun of mountainboarding without walking up the mountain. Those things are tall, dagnabbit.
thejam
Kiteboarding is a wicked sport! However not every place is suitable for it. If you are a beginner try to stay out of the areas where other kite boarders/surfers are. Your speed might not be a problem, but bad control of your kite might be a potential danger.
Before going into the water, try to get control on a kite. Start using a small kite, after all power is not important, you just need to get used to the steering, and the positions and movements of a kite that give an increase of power (in the water speed) If you get the feeling right, hit the water. Make sure you can't harm anyone within a wide range, but also make sure people keep an eye on you.
In the beginning it is pretty hard, and although experience in other board sports might help, it does not garantuee your first attempts are going to be a success. Check out youtube for some step-by step tutorials. then just get the gear and..go!