FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frih$

misterXY
why not add in or replace " Frish$" w/

yes i created it and i have a .psd to back it up.
scotty
I don't like that image personally, but replacing it could be nice.
Peterssidan
The image looks like a Super Mario coin Very Happy
It look good in here on frihost.
rvec
because if you call it frih$ everywhere it's easier to understand for new members. By replacing it you make it more diffucult. Although adding it might be a good idea, if someone can make an image that'll look good with the current design and has something to do with frih$ (like an f on it).
misterXY
Peterssidan wrote:
The image looks like a Super Mario coin Very Happy

that's where i got my idea from Razz
LukeakaDanish
I quite like the idea (the coin is awesome, but like rvec says need f$ on it or something) but I have one concern:

If i for example want to make a topic in the marketplace with "250 for phpBB install" as title, I run into a problem, because I don't have the coin graphic and cant insert it with smiley/image as its in a title.

Also the work necessary to replace it in every place it appears is possibly somewhat extensive, though I of course wouldn't know, not having coded the frihost point system Wink
Peterssidan
The coin could be in the smiley list to make it easy to use.
LukeakaDanish
Peterssidan wrote:
The coin could be in the smiley list to make it easy to use.

Yea, but it would still be impossible to add to topic titles...
misterXY
LukeakaDanish wrote:
I quite like the idea (the coin is awesome, but like rvec says need f$ on it or something) but I have one concern:

If i for example want to make a topic in the marketplace with "250 for phpBB install" as title, I run into a problem, because I don't have the coin graphic and cant insert it with smiley/image as its in a title.

Also the work necessary to replace it in every place it appears is possibly somewhat extensive, though I of course wouldn't know, not having coded the frihost point system Wink

well the big issue about that is, i wouldn't be happy seeing people using it like its no tomorrow, its easier reading as "Frih$" but just referring to things like profiles and stuff. we'll im not sure, as u can tell im not a web programmer lol
_AVG_
I think that instead of a coin, we can have a dollar-note or something ... you know, green in color with "Frih$" written on it ... what do you say?
LukeakaDanish
_AVG_ wrote:
I think that instead of a coin, we can have a dollar-note or something ... you know, green in color with "Frih$" written on it ... what do you say?

I think that could be a good idea!
ocalhoun
An image would be good, but it needs to have frih$ or at least F on it. Then topic titles would work, using 'frih$' or 'f', as in "I'll give 100F for..."

Adding a smiley for the money image would be great as well. It is a little odd that with all the customizations Frihost has made to phpbb, the original issue smilies are still in use.
LukeakaDanish
ocalhoun wrote:
It is a little odd that with all the customizations Frihost has made to phpbb, the original issue smilies are still in use.

To be honest, aren't the "original issue" smileys perfectly good for frihost? Do we need new ones?
ocalhoun
Yes, they're good enough, my point is that we've changed nearly everything else, why not that, too?
A smiley button for frih$ would be the perfect way to customize that as well.
LukeakaDanish
ocalhoun wrote:
Yes, they're good enough, my point is that we've changed nearly everything else, why not that, too?
A smiley button for frih$ would be the perfect way to customize that as well.

Totally agree with adding the frih$ smiley. Don't see any need for changing the other smileys - I'm not conservative, but change for the sake of change is pointless.
misterXY
i'm not trying to say " please use that coin " or anything. I'm just asking, for example:
the green text idea sounds pretty good, but it also blends in with NOTHING on frihost Sad
why not someone make a dollar bill with " $F " or something on it?
and not to put it on every page, more of a the banner on the user stats? thats it i think, enough to say OoOoOo $F lol
Just thinking sense some want a redesign, has the Frih$ ever been? Allow users to pick themes?
misterXY
Is there any updates on this?