FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Mystery Riddle Contest - Round 9





Star Wars Fanatic
So, this contest came from the one Magicman recently posted.

Rules are pretty much the same:
You can ask a question of the riddle, but it must be a yes or no question (e.g. "What is your name?" is not, whereas "Is your name SWF?" is).
Once asking a question, you must wait until at least two other people have asked them. You are allowed to guess the answer only after a question has been asked ( except for the first time). So if you guess, you have to wait until a question is asked, or two guesses have been given before guessing again.

Sorry if the rules are confusing Razz

Prize is 20 Frih$.
If someone asks a great question, then someone else gets it, it will probably be split between the two.

So, here are the riddles!

Round 1:
Quote:
John and Mary are in the living-room dead on the floor, they are surrounded by glass and water. How did they die?

Status: Solved:
adri wrote:
John and Mary are goldfish, A cat came through the window and the bowl smashed on the floor.


Round 2:
Quote:
A man wakes up, switches on the light, and kills himself, why?

Status: Solved:
rockyec78 wrote:
The man was a lighthouse keeper, so one night he went to sleep and mistakenly switched off the lights too, when he realizes his mistake he wakes up and switches on the light but to his misfortune, a ship has already crashed due to his mistake. Since its his fault, he cant bear it and commits SUICIDE Laughing



Round 3:
Quote:
A man pushes his car up to a hotel. Pays the owner, then pushes his car away, what is going on?

Status: Solved
endless wrote:
he was playing monopoly, threw 2 eyes the same (like 6 -6 5 -5) landed on a hotel, paid the rent, threw again and moved his car away

adri wrote:
It's a Monopoly game?


Round 4:
Quote:
A woman tries to drop her husband into the ocean, but he blows back into the boat. Why?

Status: Solved
adri wrote:
The man was cremated. When the woman tried to pour the ashes of the man into the ocean, a wind came up and blowed the ashes back on the boat.


Round 5:
Quote:
A man and his wife raced through the streets. They stopped, and the husband got out of the car. When he came back, his wife was dead, and there was a stranger in the car.

Status: Solved
adri wrote:
The man and his wife raced through the streets because the wife was about to have a baby. Surprised
The man stopped at the hospital to take a wheelchair, but when he came back the baby (=stranger) was born and the wife didn't survive the birth. Sad



Round 6:
Quote:
One of Johnny's dearest loved ones binds him to a chair, but Johnny doesn't mind.

Status: Solved
adri wrote:
Johnny is first of all a kid. His "dearest" mother or father, put him in his chair (=seat of the car) and the father or mother put his seatbelt on.


Round 7:
Quote:
A man is driving his car. He turns on the radio, listens for five minutes, turns around, goes home, and shoots his wife.

Status: Solved
adri wrote:
The man is driving in his car and is listening to his (favorit) radio program,
where they call people and ask them questions are something.
The presentator says his "bedroom" phonenumber on the radio.
The telephone rings and a man answers (in stead of his wife Surprised )


Round 8:
Quote:
Joe, wearing a mask and carrying an empty sack, leaves his house. An hour later he returns with a full sack. He goes into a room and turns out the lights.

Status: Solved
adri wrote:
Joe is a little kid, that goes for a trick-or-threat because it's Halloween! Twisted Evil


Round 9:
Quote:
There is a carrot, a pile of pebbles, and a pipe lying together in the middle of a field. What happened?

Status: Not solved

Have fun, and no cheating!
endless
[notserious]she dropped a glas of water, slip over it and fell on the glass table grabbin john out ow nowhere, he died too:P [/notserious]

was there blood?
MYP415
was there a third person/living thing involved?
Star Wars Fanatic
MYP415 wrote:
was there a third person/living thing involved?


Yes.

endless wrote:
[notserious]she dropped a glas of water, slip over it and fell on the glass table grabbin john out ow nowhere, he died too:P [/notserious]

was there blood?


Yes, there was blood, as to the answer, no that is incorrect.
adri
I know this one Cool

John and Mary are goldfish, A cat came through the window and the bowl smashed on the floor.
Star Wars Fanatic
adri wrote:
I know this one Cool

John and Mary are goldfish, A cat came through the window and the bowl smashed on the floor.


Yup you got it! I'll put another one up in a minute.
Star Wars Fanatic
Next round:

Quote:
A man wakes up, switches on the light, and kills himself, why?
adri
hmmm this one I don't know exact, i just know the one, where the man turns on the light and turns on the radio and then dies...


But I'll give it a try Very Happy

The man peed in his underwear, his hand went over it accidently, then he woke up, wanted to try to turn on the lights but it gave an electric shock?
Star Wars Fanatic
adri wrote:
hmmm this one I don't know exact, i just know the one, where the man turns on the light and turns on the radio and then dies...


But I'll give it a try Very Happy

The man peed in his underwear, his hand went over it accidently, then he woke up, wanted to try to turn on the lights but it gave an electric shock?


Nope, I've never even heard that one, sounds a little weird, lol...
adri
Damn, I think I know him know Embarassed
redchic
there was a flood and he was standing in water?
Star Wars Fanatic
redchic wrote:
there was a flood and he was standing in water?


No.

Might I remind everyone that he "kills himself". That is key.
rockyec78
Any ship in the answer???
Star Wars Fanatic
rockyec78 wrote:
Any ship in the answer???


Yes.

Good question Rolling Eyes
adri
I waited... and now It's my turn again. Very Happy

The man lives/lived in a lighthouse, when he turned on the light the sea captain couldn't see and sailed into the kliff and the man died...


Adri
Star Wars Fanatic
adri wrote:
I waited... and now It's my turn again. Very Happy

The man lives/lived in a lighthouse, when he turned on the light the sea captain couldn't see and sailed into the kliff and the man died...


Adri


Your so close, I feel bad doing this to you Surprised
Almost, but that isn't quite the answer... A few key points are missing.

Good luck!

By the way, I'm gonna be gone for the next several hours, so keep guessing and asking, I'll answer everything when I get back.
rockyec78
********confusing rules************ so had to edit this one
Star Wars Fanatic
What's confusing about them? I can edit it, I realize it is probably really confusing Razz
MYP415
Quote:
John and Mary are goldfish, A cat came through the window and the bowl smashed on the floor.
I knew that one too, I just couldn't remember all the details.

Quote:

The man lives/lived in a lighthouse, when he turned on the light the sea captain couldn't see and sailed into the kliff and the man died...
Is there an airplane involved?
Star Wars Fanatic
MYP415 wrote:
Quote:
John and Mary are goldfish, A cat came through the window and the bowl smashed on the floor.
I knew that one too, I just couldn't remember all the details.

Quote:

The man lives/lived in a lighthouse, when he turned on the light the sea captain couldn't see and sailed into the kliff and the man died...
Is there an airplane involved?


In the latest riddle, no. No airplane.

Remember, his guess was quite close.
rockyec78
The man was a lighthouse keeper, so one night he went to sleep and mistakenly switched off the lights too, when he realizes his mistake he wakes up and switches on the light but to his misfortune, a ship has already crashed due to his mistake. Since its his fault, he cant bear it and commits SUICIDE Laughing
Star Wars Fanatic
rockyec78 wrote:
The man was a lighthouse keeper, so one night he went to sleep and mistakenly switched off the lights too, when he realizes his mistake he wakes up and switches on the light but to his misfortune, a ship has already crashed due to his mistake. Since its his fault, he cant bear it and commits SUICIDE Laughing


Someones heard it before Razz
And that is correct, I'll send you the Frih$ in a minute, and add another riddle.
Star Wars Fanatic
Here is the next riddle:
Quote:
A man pushes his car up to a hotel. Pays the owner, then pushes his car away, what is going on?


Have fun!
adri
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
Here is the next riddle:
Quote:
A man pushes his car up to a hotel. Pays the owner, then pushes his car away, what is going on?


Have fun!


It's a Monopoly game?
rockyec78
They are playing the Game of Monopoly
endless
he was playing monopoly, threw 2 eyes the same (like 6 -6 5 -5) landed on a hotel, paid the rent, threw again and moved his car away
Star Wars Fanatic
adri wrote:
It's a Monopoly game?

Well adri was right first, but...

endless wrote:
he was playing monopoly, threw 2 eyes the same (like 6 -6 5 -5) landed on a hotel, paid the rent, threw again and moved his car away

endless gave a much better answer, so I'll split the Frih$ between the two.

And I'll get a new riddle up in a few minutes Razz
adri
Thx for the frih$ Very Happy

Up to the next riddle. Very Happy
Star Wars Fanatic
Here is the next riddle, and I'll send you your Frih$ in a minute, sorry.

Quote:
A woman tries to drop her husband into the ocean, but he blows back into the boat. Why?
adri
That's an easy one, I know him for ages...

The man was cremated. When the woman tried to pour the ashes of the man into the ocean, a wind came up and blowed the ashes back on the boat.

Know I hope I have given you enough information.


Very Happy



Adri (I love riddles)
Star Wars Fanatic
adri wrote:
That's an easy one, I know him for ages...

The man was cremated. When the woman tried to pour the ashes of the man into the ocean, a wind came up and blowed the ashes back on the boat.

Know I hope I have given you enough information.


Very Happy



Adri (I love riddles)


Dang! I might have to make a limit, like 1 riddle a day or something Razz

Here's the next one:

Quote:
A man and his wife raced through the streets. They stopped, and the husband got out of the car. When he came back, his wife was dead, and there was a stranger in the car.
adri
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:


Dang! I might have to make a limit, like 1 riddle a day or something Razz

Quote:
A man and his wife raced through the streets. They stopped, and the husband got out of the car. When he came back, his wife was dead, and there was a stranger in the car.


That's a good idea, because I know this one too. xD

The man and his wife raced through the streets because the wife was about to have a baby. Surprised
The man stopped at the hospital to take a wheelchair, but when he came back the baby (=stranger) was born and the wife didn't survive the birth. Sad



Adri (I love riddles) Cool
MYP415
You should keep asking them, but maybe just set a limit like one payout per day
brokenadvice
They were driving really fast, crashed, and the man got out of the car and blacked out. When he came to, there was an EMT trying to revive his wife in the car.
rockyec78
hey guys adri has already given the answer to the puzzle, just wait for the "Star Wars Fanatic" to post new one and try ur brains on tht one.

and guys these are situation based puzzle, read things carefully to analyze what cud have possibly happened b4 guessing.
Star Wars Fanatic
rockyec78 wrote:
... the "Star Wars Fanatic" to ...


Hey... What's with the quotes around my name Rolling Eyes

adri wrote:
The man and his wife raced through the streets because the wife was about to have a baby. Surprised
The man stopped at the hospital to take a wheelchair, but when he came back the baby (=stranger) was born and the wife didn't survive the birth. Sad


Yup, that's right. Very good, and I'll post like one or two a day Razz

Here is the next riddle:

Quote:
One of Johnny's dearest loved ones binds him to a chair, but Johnny doesn't mind.
adri
Hmmmm... my first idea was SM ( Shocked ) but I think for some reason this isn't the right solution...

So I think this is it:

Johnny is first of all a kid. His "dearest" mother or father, put him in his chair (=seat of the car) and the father or mother put his seatbelt on.


Adri (I love riddles) Very Happy
_AVG_
Let's say Johnny really loves the computer more than anything else and it causes him to sit in a chair and watch the screen all day long. Since he loves it more than anything else, he doesn't mind sitting in a chair all day long.
adri
Sad No response from Star Wars Fanatic Sad
Star Wars Fanatic
adri wrote:
Sad No response from Star Wars Fanatic Sad


Sorry, been real busy... Sad

adri wrote:
Hmmmm... my first idea was SM ( Shocked ) but I think for some reason this isn't the right solution...

So I think this is it:

Johnny is first of all a kid. His "dearest" mother or father, put him in his chair (=seat of the car) and the father or mother put his seatbelt on.


Adri (I love riddles) Very Happy


You are correct!
I'll send you the Frih$ in a few minutes, and put up the next riddle.
Star Wars Fanatic
Here is the next riddle:

Quote:
A man is driving his car. He turns on the radio, listens for five minutes, turns around, goes home, and shoots his wife.
brokenadvice
The man had left his house because there was a plague of zombies/werewolves/vampires comming. He hears on the radio that there were no human survivors, and he turns his car around to see if it is true. When he sees his wife all zombiee/doggy/vampiree he shoots her.
Star Wars Fanatic
brokenadvice wrote:
The man had left his house because there was a plague of zombies/werewolves/vampires comming. He hears on the radio that there were no human survivors, and he turns his car around to see if it is true. When he sees his wife all zombiee/doggy/vampiree he shoots her.


No.
This one isn't so intuitive. You'll need to ask a few questions.
_AVG_
Let's say she was cheating on him and he hears the "other man" talking about her on the radio.

Is it anywhere close?
Star Wars Fanatic
_AVG_ wrote:
Let's say she was cheating on him and he hears the "other man" talking about her on the radio.

Is it anywhere close?


Yes, it's close.
Star Wars Fanatic
I'll be gone the rest of the day, so just a heads up, I most likely won't be on to answer any guesses, but feel free to keep guessing!
adri
My turn Cool

The man is driving in his car and is listening to his (favorit) radio program,
where they call people and ask them questions are something.
The presentator says his "bedroom" phonenumber on the radio.
The telephone rings and a man answers (in stead of his wife Surprised )



Adri
ixtra
even I was thinking the same thing any ways heres another possibility -->

The man was listening to the radio program where they talked about personal relationship and solved problems regarding personal relationships ,, so the wife called the radio Jockeys and told them about the affair she was having with another guy and did not like the man(his husband) ,, when the man heard it he came back to his house where he was disgusted to find another man with her wife and killed her wife
Star Wars Fanatic
adri wrote:
My turn Cool

The man is driving in his car and is listening to his (favorit) radio program,
where they call people and ask them questions are something.
The presentator says his "bedroom" phonenumber on the radio.
The telephone rings and a man answers (in stead of his wife Surprised )



Adri


Yup, that's correct, and I don't have time to add one right now, so I'll do it in a couple of hours, sorry.
adri
No problem, I've got time Cool
Star Wars Fanatic
Here's the next one:

Quote:
Joe, wearing a mask and carrying an empty sack, leaves his house. An hour later he returns with a full sack. He goes into a room and turns out the lights.
adri
Wow, I never managed doing that ! (You get it if you read the answer...)

Answer:
Joe is a little kid, that goes for a trick-or-threat because it's Halloween! Twisted Evil




Adri (I love riddles)
_AVG_
What about the turning lights off part?
adri
Well I think he is going to sleep....
Star Wars Fanatic
adri wrote:
Wow, I never managed doing that ! (You get it if you read the answer...)

Answer:
Joe is a little kid, that goes for a trick-or-threat because it's Halloween! Twisted Evil




Adri (I love riddles)

Correct, I'll send you Frih$ in a minute.

_AVG_ wrote:
What about the turning lights off part?

Adri is correct.
adri wrote:
Well I think he is going to sleep....
Star Wars Fanatic
Next riddle:

Quote:
There is a carrot, a pile of pebbles, and a pipe lying together in the middle of a field. What happened?
adri
The snowman melted Crying or Very sad
_AVG_
adri wrote:
The snowman melted Crying or Very sad


You rock, adri!
hunnyhiteshseth
No, offence But I think adri is using google to answer riddles.
_AVG_
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
No, offence But I think adri is using google to answer riddles.


How could Adri do that?
brokenadvice
This is getting a little off topic....
Kalika
Um the snowman melted (died) the water evaporated and the only thing left behind were the carrot nose pebbles for eyes and buttons and a pipe Smile
Related topics
[CLOSED] Banner contest, win 30 frih$
Beatles
Guess the movie
Guess the movie!
Character Contest- Win 100FRIH$* (New Lower Entering 5FRIH)
Coded Name
"The best contest" contest
Photoshop Air France Contest (ended)(round 9)
Name the Movie Poster - Win 10 FriH$
Mayweather V Hatton (CLOSED)
Mystery Death Riddle Contest
i need frih$
What is it? - Picture based game
math
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Miscellaneous -> Contests

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.