FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Looking forward to gta4

newso
I cant wait until gta4 is finaly released. this is the game i have waited song long for more than any other game in history.

below are some facts we already know about gta4.

Niko can use a mobile phone to recieve calls and phone his contacts. He can also use it to call taxis and purchase weapons. The options presented on the phone's LCD are Phonebook, Messages, Organizer, and Camera.

Pedestrians smoke cigarettes, read books and newspapers, drop litter, talk on mobile phones, walk in and out of buildings, and generally act like any normal pedestrian would.

Mobile phones are a big part of Grand Theft Auto IV's gameplay.

It is possible to climb and descend telephone poles, and exterior fire escapes.

There are many different animation sets for breaking into cars. One of these involves Niko smashing the side window with his elbow, climbing into the car, and then hotwiring it.

Niko is able to manage his funds at ATMs.

GTA IV features multiplayer, but it's "not a massively multiplayer game," according to Rockstar's creative vice president Dan Houser.

It is possible to surf the internet in GTA4 via internet cafés. It is available from any computer in the game, and provides a hub for all sorts of interactivity within Liberty City.

The camera angle behind the car is closer than it has been in previous GTAs. This allows you to see more detail on the cars, and more of the verticality of the city.

In GTA IV, you will gain a police wanted level for any crime that you commit, providing there are witnesses present. The police can only chase you if they know where you are, and they need to see you to know where you are. If you escape the search area marked on the radar without being spotted, your wanted level will disappear.

In terms of scale, GTA IV is about the same size as GTA: San Andreas, but the map size is considerably smaller. This is mainly due to the fact there is no desert or countryside in Liberty City. Liberty City in GTA4 is the biggest city R* have ever created.

Every street in Liberty City contains a street sign with a name on it.

It is possible to do more than one mission at a time. For example, some missions take place over several days and may involve waiting for phonecalls or attending interviews, and you are free to carry out other business during the waiting period.

The story can be told in a number of different ways. Rockstar are trying to give people greater freedom and sense of control over their destiny. You now have a lot more choice in what you want to do.

So what other things do you know that are confirmed. does anyone else know any secrets.
Triffid
I just hope they can bring out a PC version and that i can run it.
wabik90
All GTA games was awesome and I'm sure GTA IV will be the same... or even better! I'm just afraid that my computer can't handle it... it's sad Sad
Nutteloos
Triffid wrote:
I just hope they can bring out a PC version and that i can run it.

I very much second this. Though I'll probably need to get me an upgrade or a better computer no matter what. But that just means I can set graphics higher, doesn't it?
bomba
i saw many trailers..its gonne be great.for a while.
but its be good.
Keran
I love GTA series, one of the best game series ever ;] I'm gonna need to buy a better PC to fully experience the greatness of the upcoming IV'th part ;]
mattyj
Im STILL trying to convince my wife we need a PS3 just so i can get this Smile

Although i did just get a new job that pays more $$$ so i might be able to swing it now Smile
delme19
GTA4 is not my game.
The grafik ist Top but for me the world is to big.
So i loose the fun after few hours.
dirkvb
The Gta series are good but the games are still the same i think.

I mean when you play one kind of a mission in one version and in the next version they put somthing symmulair. You know what is going to happen.

And when you have completed the storyline, you can shoot up people but that's it, exept for the little sidemission there's nothing left to do.
Sow end of story=end of fun.

But I'm looking forwart to IV but... I'm gonna play it once and then nomore i think.
Greetz
Vladalf
Thank you for the information in the first post. Seems different than the other GTA's, I think in a good way. Wink Hope they make the city more realistic, and the AI better.
-Vladalf
gtherockgod
I'll definitely check it out. But generally I get bored with the GTA games loong before I finish them. I never finished San Andreas on PC because I couldn't complete the learning-to-fly mission, mainly because the flying controls on PC were crappy.
lethaltriad
I'm soo waiting for it, got my new PC and its more than ready to give GTA a run for its money. With all the specs and gameplay it looks like i'll be locked away in my room for a couple days/weeks until i get bored of it. Could never finish a GTA game at 100% too much unecessary stuff to do to get it at 100%.
takashiro
It sounds exciting!! GTA4! Looking forwards to its releasing too. Smile
Nutteloos
lethaltriad wrote:
I'm soo waiting for it, got my new PC and its more than ready to give GTA a run for its money. With all the specs and gameplay it looks like i'll be locked away in my room for a couple days/weeks until i get bored of it. Could never finish a GTA game at 100% too much unecessary stuff to do to get it at 100%.

Actually I found it very possible in all the GTA3 games (VC and SA included). Especially in San Andreas since you didn't even have to do all the 'unique jumps' for 100%. Which, admittedly, was kinda lame but still.

About 98% was quite easily done, only a few races and some of the 'destruction derbys' were annoying. Oh, and don't get me started on the driving/flying school. Or the bike challenge in the San Fierro docks... *slams face into desk*
Fake
I am buying this game. No downloading off warez webbys
Kelcey
I'm not really a big GTA fan, but GTA4 compels me for some reason. I'm the type of gamer that will shoot someone I'm not supposed to (Ashley in RE4) for fun just because I'm allowed to. Put me in an environment like GTA where I can beat down citizens just for the heck of it and I never get to the main game Sad. It's just addicting to do things you aren't "really" supposed to do, haha. Like choosing the funny choices in RPGs when given options. It's not that I want to beat down old ladies on the street ya know. Razz