FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

accessing ur fon in php via bluetooth[sendng,recevng]

glena
can someone tell me how it works?
ashok
Do you mean you want to create a php script, which will let you use bluetooth on your pc and connect to your mobile phone, and then enable you to send/receive files??
simplyw00x
I'm not sure this would work in any context except locally, where you could use php's system() function to call bluetooth command-line tools to accomplish what you're asking, but this requires a local bluetooth adaptor. What exactly are you trying to achieve?
glena
yap... i read some article about that... it neds something that will conect php and the fon... i dont know if php can.. can someone help me?? or gve me infos on how this works? using a bluetooth php will get all the messages in the nbox and it can also send message from php to the fon?
kv
Are you asking if you can send and receive mails from your bluetooth phone using PHP?

If yes, I don't understand what PHP has anything to do with this (unless you want to write your own mail program using php).
simplyw00x
Quote:
yap... i read some article about that... it neds something that will conect php and the fon... i dont know if php can.. can someone help me?? or gve me infos on how this works? using a bluetooth php will get all the messages in the nbox and it can also send message from php to the fon?

Try improving your English so as to start making sense, then we'll try and suggest things.
glena
i want to make a voting system, this system will acquire votes from a celpon (the fon conected to the pc using a bluetooth), php will do the receivng and sendng back the confrmation that it was succesful.

how can i code it? can someone help me??
kv
I am not sure if php can work with blue tooth devices, but if your pc is on internet, you can create a voting webpage which your cellphones can access -- in this case, you don't even need the blue tooth connectivity between pc and cellphone.
glena
how can i do it?
Agent ME
I don't think having people vote through a cellphone connected to a bluetooth-equipped computer running special software will work out too well as few would be able to set that up out of a large group, and most phones don't even have the software to support anything via bluetooth besides a headset or contact sharing.

You could either make a webpage that is accessible from cellphones (and computers), and/or make it so that you can vote via email (most phones that I've seen can text to an email address). The first could done easily with PHP+MySQL, but I'm not sure how you'd do the second one.

For making the webpage, just make it a simple page that will downgrade nicely to a browser that can't support CSS and has a tiny screen width. And just use a simple form with the results sent via POST to the page (no fancy javascripting - few cell phones will support that).
glena
i see... but how can i do it? can u make an example? please?
cgrongs
I don't think having people vote through a cellphone connected to a bluetooth-equipped computer running special software will work out too well as few would be able to set that up out of a large group, and most phones don't even have the software to support anything via bluetooth besides a headset or contact sharing.

hd media player
nbox
nbox media player
nbox player