FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What can i Do?

Should i forget the dog ever existed or keep on trying?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

Chucky
My favourite is my dog. His name is TIGER. I have a small problem with the dog. The dog hates me because i went to the university and did not come back for a long time.
I handed over the feeding of the dog to someone else. When i came back, the dog kept on rejecting me and my food. I am Hurt by its action and i dont know what to do.
Coen
First of all, a dog cannot feel hatred or something simular because you did something. Can you explain in what way he rejects your food? Does he simply refuse to eat, does he growl or attempt to intimidate you in any other way?

I wouldn't attempt to forget the dog, there most be a solution for it but I'll need more information.
jcnet
No buddy, you shouldn't forget and shouldn't consider that it never existed... Be calm and try to be friendly by doing what he likes (i.e playing Frisbee , or for a walk, or anything that he likes...) .... Even I introduce Laughing to my dog some of my relatives in the same way....and he gets up with them....
It must not be that U didn't care for him cause of your university..,,,,,,just be calm and get back to him.....You will find your dog the same way he was before.....

Cheers......

Have fun...

-Joseph.... Arrow Arrow Arrow
alalex
dude, its a dog...

btw, your getting famous, you've appeared in the frihost irc! Very Happy Very Happy Smile

keep it up Wink xD
jcnet
alalex wrote:
dude, its a dog...

btw, your getting famous, you've appeared in the frihost irc! Very Happy Very Happy Smile

keep it up Wink xD

Yes buddy, I saw the posts in the Frihost IRC.... Really great.....
Hahhaa...

Cheers!!!!!
Have Fun....

-Joseph... Arrow Arrow
cloudship
well, is that because he just dilikes the food you gave to him? It is possible since you've been long time away from him and have no idea what he is accustomed to eating now. Maybe you can ask the person who is taking care of the dog in this period and feed him the food he likes. Do not blame youself being absent for some time, dog has just very good memories. My pet is able to remember even I was one year absent from him, and still very close to me, though at the first sight he seems not to recognize me at all. Things happen like that, do be too sad about it.
furtasacra
I'm guessing Cloudship is probably right. If the dog rejects you, well, he's just mad at you for going away, and he'll get over it. If the dog rejects the food you're giving him, that probably has nothing to do with you. Just make sure you feed him exactly the same thing he was being fed while you were away.
jwellsy
How do you answer an 'either/or' poll question with a 'yes/no' answer?

If you project that same kind of ambiguity to the dog,
he will have no choice but to ignore you.
Idoru
As jwellsy pointed out it's difficult to give an answer to your poll... Laughing

On the other hand, here is a written one:

Most have been said, and I would only suggest that you take controll over the situation. That is, if you intend
and now have the possibility to care for the dog. Also, try to find out what has happened when you haven't been
the care-taker. Who has been looking after the dog? Is that person still present in the dogs everyday-life?
In that case it isn't that strange, the way the dog is behaving. But, as I said, if you can look after your canine
friend now you should absolutlley not forget, rather fix it.

Best of luck!
Crinoid
Based on my previous experience with animals, it's like a family member - if you left it, it will be difficult to get its trust back.

If you will be able to live with the dog together again, never leaving it behind, taking it with you wherever possible, spending a lot of time with it, with nobody between your togetherness, it may take 2-3 years tor the dog to soften.
Coen
[quote="furtasacra"]I'm guessing Cloudship is probably right. If the dog rejects you, well, he's just mad at you for going away[quote]
With all due respect but that isn't true. Dogs do not know emotions such as anger for leaving them. On the contrary, a dog will be very pleased to see its original master again. Dogs will simply forget everyone who isn't in their direct enviroment for a set amount of time. If less then two years pass the dog will remember its original master and will be pleased to see him or her but a dog has no sense of time and can't know that he has been left for what amount of time.
jwellsy
Coen is right. Dogs do not have a very good grasp of the concept of time.
It's all about the concept of their pack.
All the dog knows is who are the pack leaders in his pack.
If a person enters the dogs life and projects a grovelling energy to the dog
the dog will have zero respect for that runt energy.

The OP needs to project a calm confident positive leadership energy.
A dog will only respect a pack leader.
furtasacra
Coen wrote:
furtasacra wrote:
I'm guessing Cloudship is probably right. If the dog rejects you, well, he's just mad at you for going away

With all due respect but that isn't true. Dogs do not know emotions such as anger for leaving them. On the contrary, a dog will be very pleased to see its original master again. Dogs will simply forget everyone who isn't in their direct enviroment for a set amount of time. If less then two years pass the dog will remember its original master and will be pleased to see him or her but a dog has no sense of time and can't know that he has been left for what amount of time.

I had a dog, long ago, and had to leave her with my parents when I temporarily moved away. She remembered me, when I came back, but was weird, disobedient, and snorty for almost two months. Don't try to tell me she didn't know I had been gone, and didn't care. She was TICKED OFF with me, and was determined to make sure that I was aware that she was pissed. Dogs have no sense of time? My BLADDER has a sense of time, or I'd wet my bed.

And cats are worse. I shan't even get into that.
ocalhoun
How does your dog react to strangers? The same way or similar?
It could be that you've just been forgotten.

My little brother completely forgot me, and I was only gone 7 weeks! Sure, he's only a year old, but still...
Afaceinthematrix
It's just a dog. I would just go down to the pound and find one who likes you.
bulek
Try to get in touch with it by buying it's favorite food, such as sausages, frankfurters... Smile
fpwebs
Dogs are really important to a lot of people and I would really say not to give up on the dog. Take it out for a lot of walks, train it, spend time with it and sooner or later the dog will grow more respect for you. Keep trying, and good luck on making the dog love you again. But it's really not impossible, and i'm sure the dog will get over it!
Coclus
I think you can win the dog back, by treats and a lot of attention.